It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:13 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:17 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

I have been on suboxone for about a month, prior to that I was shooting up in my arms for 9 months.i noticed the numbness and pain in my arms about a month into shooting up. I assume that is what it is from. Yes it is worse now that I'm off the drugs and on suboxone, maybe because I'm off drugs (strong pain killers) so I actually FEEL the pain now. After all, sticking foreign objects into your arms next to all these nerves is bound to do some damage. Does anyone else feel this is accurate rather than blaming the suboxone?
I'm worried that there may be permanent damage, I know nerve damage can heal but experiencing this EVERY morning is both painful and scary :(

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 1:33 am 
New Poster
New Poster

I am brand new to this forum but your post caught my eye because I'm having a simular problem. Ussually during the middle of the night, I wake up with excrutiating pain in either my left or right hand and sometimes both. I have been taking suboxone for about 5 weeks--and I have not taken anything IV in about 11 years. I'm taking the suboxone films for addiction to pain pills. I also thought it may be pain that was being masked by the pain killers. So since my doctor said he had never heard of this problem as a suboxone side effect, I'm thinking "Oh my God", I have MS or RA (Rheumatiod arthritis), or Lupus or any number of diseases that can cause this problem. So, I did some research on this forum and found out there are quite a few people who have experienced this same problem. i've also been a bad girl at times and taken more than prescribed--the hand pain is worse when I do this. So my conclusion is it is a lesser known side effect of suboxone. The solution for me is--don't mess with the dose, take 3 ibuprofen before bed, and if you have them or can get them, I put a Lidocaine patch on both hands which covers my palms, fingers, and thumb. Hope this helps.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 12:06 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I have some nerve damage but none that causes pain, only a numbness/tingling when I touch the area or move my wrist in a certain way. When I blew my arms out, I used my wrists and hands and found that it was way easier to do damage that way. I guess there's more nerves and tendons and less room to miss. Anyway, this was years and years ago. Actually, almost a decade, but I still have damage.

I took some pics of the areas that cause me trouble. Not sure if you can see my divets/ scars in the pics but it's the wrists ones that caused me grief.

Are you pretty sure you don't have any abscesses?

** Had to remove the pics, they were too big & blurry.