It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 3:21 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 11:51 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi about two weeks into my sub treatment I noticed that mainly my hands but sometimes my feet get all tingly and numb like when they fall asleep. It has progressively gotten worse. Now I am having pain in my hands and it is almost impossible to open jars and other stuff. If I even lightly hit something with my finger or hand it sends painful electric type shocks up my hand and up my arm. Even as I am typing this the tingling is getting bad. I have a hard time feeding the twins because the tingling and pain start right away. I know I have read on here of other people having similar side effects. Has anyone found somethin to help with this? It is driving me crazy!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 2:20 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Breezy_Ann wrote:
Hi about two weeks into my sub treatment I noticed that mainly my hands but sometimes my feet get all tingly and numb like when they fall asleep. It has progressively gotten worse. Now I am having pain in my hands and it is almost impossible to open jars and other stuff. If I even lightly hit something with my finger or hand it sends painful electric type shocks up my hand and up my arm. Even as I am typing this the tingling is getting bad. I have a hard time feeding the twins because the tingling and pain start right away. I know I have read on here of other people having similar side effects. Has anyone found somethin to help with this? It is driving me crazy!

Yup, been there, sister. I had this exact thing you describe and it was 'not because of Suboxone', so I had to be tested for a whole slew of disorders, none of which I had. (MS, Lupus, Carpal Tunnel, etc.) This did not go away until I went down on my Sub and got to a low dose. I've read a number of people who have had the same issue. I'm not sure if there's anything you can do about it, but at least knowing other people have been through it may make you feel better.

laddertipper

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 3:30 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Yup, I will have to second that. My hands started falling asleep a couple of days after I started sub treatment. I told my doctor and she said it wasn’t because of the subs…..but of course. Anyway, this is the second time I came off subs and they no longer fall asleep at all period. Definite side effects of the suboxone. Not sure about you but it mainly happened to me while in bed.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 3:35 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

OMG,I have that exact same thing! My shoulders and hands and arms fall asleep when I lay down and my hands ache and fingers are swollen.WTF!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 5:42 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I have numb hands and feet sometimes too, but not from Suboxone. I have disease in my cervical discs which is giving me symptoms of Hoffmann's disease, where my hands tingle and fall asleep, and i drop things a lot. But about my feet--i have an arachnoidal synovial cyst growing on my thoracic area on my spinal cord which is causing severe compression of my cord and hence, neuropathy and numbness.

BTW, even though I have disease in my neck, I never had any pain there. But the many MRI's and CAT scans I've had DO show the problems. And ironically, the severe pain I have in my lumbar, lower back, where 2 of my discs have torn and leak, well, they look pretty good on the MRI scans. The sugeons (and I've seen 5 of them so far) have all said the same thing-- they've seen terrible looking discs where people experience NO pain whatsoever, and normal looking discs which DO cause horrible pain. It's all about the nerves. The nervous system. Since I started using Cymbalta, the nerves seem to be more soothed, and I've had less pain and numbness. But my pain was still high--like about a "7" every day just sitting around. And then I added the Suboxone to my prescribed meds, and now I am pain free!

I'd try to have an MRI done from the brain to the tailbone. My mom had a brain MRI a couple of years ago which showed the beginning stages of Alzheimer's. We had no idea an MRI could show that! But it CAN. And it'll show anything else that might be going on, or wrong, in your spine.

All I can say is, I'm glad they started packaging more things like peanut butter in plastic jars so they don't shatter when they hit my hard-tiled floor because I dropped it!

Post subject: That is strange
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 7:49 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

I think it is CrAzY That I ran across this post

I just drove 2 hours to go see my husband,he is working out of town. My fingers on my right hand became NUMB I was freaking out thinking Stroke?????? Then I was almost there and my left hand fingers numbed They were so numb They Hurt really bad!!!

I've been on suboxone 3 weeks and I have NeVeR had this happen to me before!!!! Now I'm reading about this and it seems like GoD has sent it to me because it really scared me. It stayed a long time too not like when they fall asleep

I've been taking 12 mg 4mg-3times a day I feel good on my dose and I think it is working for me well. But I will try to cut back alittle see if that works

Thanks!!!!!!! for sharing