It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:50 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Number Two
PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:15 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

It has been a solid week since I started Suboxone (Yay!) Also a solid week since I've been able to have a bowel movement. I need to know what will work for me to have one today. I'm dying! I've tried softners I've tried laxatives and I've even tried a suppository laxative. I know.... it's really gross. :oops:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:33 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Hey ImSoMe -

Hmmm... Staying clinical (to avoid gross :) ) did you try laxatives with 'senna' in them? That would be like 'extra strength ex-lax (or generic)' ? They are not a 'right this second' fix, but I'd get the 25mg strength - and take somewhere between 2 - 4 of them.

Do you know how you react to magnesium? Say - Milk of Magnesia? That works for my son like a charm. Others use miralax (tastes like plastic), but often does the trick.

For me 'dulcolax, and softeners' really don't do anything. In a pinch I'm OK with Miralax, senna, and Magnesium.

Also, you can always find enema type solutions (some have mineral oil - which also helps).

Good luck! No magic answers that I know of - it seems everyone's body is different.

BEST!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 5:10 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

lathe is correct, one of those works for most. Prune juice works well too, someone in here also said try warming it first. Good Luck

"Have no fear of perfection - you'll never reach it." ---Salvador Dali

Our Sponsors
 Post subject: Seriously...
PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 5:20 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thanks guys! Thats probably the most embarrassing thing I have ever asked anyone! I appreciate your help. I'll pick some up tonight after work.

Post subject: H2O
PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 5:32 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

My constipation didn't improve a bit when I switched over to suboxone. I was still only having ~ 1 bowel movement per week and it was extremely uncomfortable! Torture, to be more precise.

Recently I found a bottle which is 2.2 liters big. It says "Daily 8" on it. It is the exact amount of water recommended for a human in a 24 hour period. I began filling the jug every morning and finishing it by night time. Within two days my bowel movements began to normalize themselves. It was such an incredible difference, I cannot even express my surprise/gratitude.

Please, give this a try! It has worked wonders for me. I haven't taken any other medication for this problem, no laxatives, no softeners, just plain ole H2O. It has been a godsend. It has been about 10-12 days since I started this regime, and it has yet to fail.

Let me know if this gives you any relief, for my my bowel movements are, literally, normal now. it is such a relief. Best of luck you! :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 12:51 pm 
Glad you posted that! As a nurse I've preached it for years - water, water, water.....drink more fluids!!! This helps with nearly every bodily function we have!! People complaing of retaining water?......drink more water, your body is basically holding onto fluids because you're not giving it enough a lot of the time!! Can't poop?......you're system won't let go of any fluids through your gut because you're not giving your body enough fluid to maintain its more vital functions. Got a headache?.....you're probably dehydrated, drink some water and see what happens! Think you're getting a bladder infection?......push fluids, flush your urinary system through and you may clear right up!! Got a cold/cough?.....drink more fluids, liquify the secretions so you can cough em up or blow em out!!
So simple.....yet so under utilized....water, beautiful water!!!
I'm not a doctor, not even a nurse anymore, so seek the advice of your doctor for any significant problems or concerns. But you might want to try a great big glass of water for whatever ails you before you get too worried!!!
Thanks again bubblebobble for posting your experiences!!