It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:14 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: NPR podcast
PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 9:59 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Mods: feel free to move to another section if you wish.
NPR recently had a series on the law in Tennessee regarding pregnant women and addiction. Being NPR there is no place to comment or engage the writers/reporters. I'll post a link to a podcast that will get you to today's and earlier reports. Each report is 7-8 minutes but you might need a bit more time to decompress.

http://www.npr.org/player/v2/mediaPlaye ... 563&live=1

Honestly, I thought I was listening to FOX News rather than public radio.

Post subject: Re: NPR podcast
PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 3:02 am 

That sounds a little too depressing to listen to, but thanks for the information.

Amy

Post subject: Re: NPR podcast
PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 2:13 pm 

That irritated me! All these ppl, who aren't even addicts btw, want to act like suboxone is just as bad as oxy. And let me tell ya, a big majority of Tennessee which is where I live, is absolutely awful to be against suboxone. The town that these guys were doing that interview in sounds just like the area I'm in. That's the stereotype I live with every single day. It's really disappointing to me.

The other day there was an article in the local newspaper about a pregnant girl who was arrested for DUI. They charged her with reckless endangerment also because she was pregnant. In this article they said that there was a syringe found in her purse and she admitted to using other drugs......including suboxone. I just found it odd that out of everything this lady was using, suboxone was the drug they chose to make a big deal about, it was the only drug mentioned. Maybe I'm overly sensitive about it but it just bothered me. They're making sub look like oxycodone and heroin. Am I being too sensitive about all this, maybe, but when u try so hard to get ppl to understand what a life saving medication this is and they still make it out to be bad, I can't help but get angry. The phrase "pill mill" makes me cringe, I hate hearing that phrase being associated with sub. But I also realize that there are ppl out there that give sub a bad reputation. They sell their meds to go get their doc, they aren't taking their meds right to even give sub a chance to change their lives. And everyone that's against sub only sees that side of all this. During that podcast, I didn't hear any interviews from the patients themselves. I wish they'd interviewed me, I'd guarantee u that they'd walked away with at least knowing it had changed my life. Sorry for the rant, I know it's a fight that I can't win but it's unfair for those of us who's lives are 100% better because of this medication.