It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 5:23 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Now what??
PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 12:06 am 
New Poster
New Poster

I have recently started Suboxone after being treated with only pain meds after a car accident for 16 months straight before this i was on 60 mg of oxycontin and 10 mg of percocet daily. I am now only taking 4mg of the suboxone a day in place of the 10 mg of percocet and I feel fine. I am still taking 60 mg of oxycontin a day also and it is a fine line to gauge it right. Can I slowly phase out the oxycontin and go to suboxone only quickly or should i taper off the oxycontin and then increase the suboxone? It's just all kind of confusing and I just want to be free of all narcotics.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 9:44 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Hi supernaut, i wanna start off by saying that im a little bit confused about why you taking sub and oxy, sry. Trading 1 percocet for 4 mg suboxone is a big trade. Are you sure your supposed to be taking sub and oxycontin together right now? It seems to me like the 4mg of sub daily would be enough to cover both the percocet and the oxycontin dependance or addiction (whatever you get it prescribed for) 4mg of sub might be enough to block the oxyconyin effects alltogether anyway, so you could try just getting by with your 4mg sub. If the sub isnt blocking the oxy and you do still feel it you might be skyrocketing your tolorance. I dont know if my response will help you or confuse you more, like i already said im a little bit confused to start. Maybe call you doc and make sure your meant to take both.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 10:33 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

The oxy isn't even doing a thing on top of suboxone. Nothing. Nada. It's not on any receptors. So. I'd just stop taking it and keep taking sub at 4mg a day.

Bet you'll feel exactly the same.

If you want free of narcotics, stopping oxycontin that doesn't even do anything is a good start.

Because others are right... Just saying it's for the one pill is crazy.

No need to taper off the oxy because it's already inactive.

Just the woes of being an addict. I get it.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 11:46 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

I totally appreciate Both of your replies. I have never had a chemical dependency before and when I asked my Dr. if we can start detoxing me off of the oxy and perc cocktail is when he had a talk with me about suboxone. I agreed to try it and was advised to take it in place of the percocet which I was using for breakthrough pain. I was using the suboxone in place of the percocet for the breakthrough pain. Now I have been on this dose for well over a year and I don't think it was pain I had at 7hrs into my oxycontin dose I think it was withdrawl from the oxy and my Dr. gave me The suboxone and it has taken them symptoms away when i take it about 7-8 hrs after my oxy. I was told we would go down to 50mg a day next month but I am going to try not taking the oxy and only the sub as the receptors are being denied the oxy anyway. I want to apologize if I confused you or if this came off confusing but i def do appreciate your replies. This is all so new to me and I just would like to thank you for your input.