It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:37 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: noticeably different
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 11:13 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

During the month of December I had to see my doctor 2 weeks early because she was going on vacation for 3 weeks so it was either see her 2 weeks early or 10 days later than usual. Luckily I decided in early because for the only time ever, I lost the 2 remaining weeks worth of meds a day before I was to see her. I was wicked frantic but my best friend was able to calm me down and return me to the land of the sane. He brings me to my doc every month as my doc is 100 miles away and I dont drive. He convinced me it wouldn't be too difficult for me to persuade my insurance company to cover a new script after only 2 weeks.
When I got to my doctor and told her, she wrote on my script "to be filled today". What she did after amazed me. She reached into her filing cabinent and pulled out a script bottle of quartered 8mg generic subutex a patient had given her when he finished treatment. she said, "I don't usually do this" and dosed me right then and there. Since my doc is so straight laced she rarely prescribes Tex because she worries about getting on the DEA's radar. So what the did next really surprised me. She put 10 or so of these quarter pieces in a Ziploc bag in case there was a problem at the pharmacy id have enough to get me thru the weekend. I was floored in a good way!
Right away I noticed that the generic tex treated my pain alot better. I also noticed that the headaches and on and off nausea that was strongest in the early hours was decreasing as I took these chunks. These symptoms returned when I filled my script and began using them. When I went back for my January appointment, I told her about the decrease in symptoms and the up to 30% decrease in pain.
She decided that with those factors plus the fact that ive had a flawless record with monthly uas and have never asked for an early refill or asked for a dose increase past 16mgs she decided I should be on subutex generic.
Now its said by some that naloxone does absolutely nothing but I disagree. Since being without the naloxone, ive stopped being sick in the morning and getting headaches. Also feel as I get better pain relief, as if the naloxone was partially blockong some of the bupe making it not as strong. Unfortunately I ended up with the hi tech but next script will be roxanne. I wanted to try Teva but cannot find them. Anyone know whats up with Teva brand?

Post subject: Re: noticeably different
PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 12:46 am 

Sorry, I don't have insight on the different brands, but I wanted to congratulate you on being the kind of patient your doctor thinks you are. Way to go! :)

Amy