It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:18 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:54 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

I take 8mg a day. 4 in the morning and 4 in the evening. This drug has confused me for some reason.
Is 8 mg of subutex = to 40mg methadone? What I am really trying to ask is: I understand morphine, methadone, hydrocodone, etc... Can anyone tell me what 8mg of sub is = to with another opiate. :? I really want off of this, but I do not have a clue as to what my physical habit is. I have been on it for a couple of months.

Post subject: conversion
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:10 pm 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

Medcal.com/narcotics for conversion chart

30mg methadone = 0.8 buprenorphine

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:37 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Although it can be converted, keep in mind that suboxone (buprenorphine) is unlike other pain pills (full agonists) in that it is a partial agonist. It has a ceiling effect, which is why once stabilized those of us who are not opiate-naive and take it regularly don't get high from it. And unlike our DOC, we are actually able to taper off of it. Do you have specific questions about it that you don't understand? I remember when I first got to this site about two years ago - shortly after I started sub - and I was confused about how it worked too. It took me a while to really understand it.

Remember, that you don't really have a "habit" with suboxone. You are merely dependent on it. The difference is you don't have all those self-destructive behaviors that you used to have when you were using - at least you shouldn't have. We take suboxone, but we don't abuse it like we did with the other drugs. We used to lie, cheat, and steal and whatever else was necessary to get our fix. And our usage destroyed lives and relationships. Suboxone almost always helps us get those back.

I don't know if this helps or not. Please feel free to ask whatever it is you are confused about or want/need to know and we will all do our best to help out.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.