It is currently Thu Mar 30, 2017 6:35 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Not the Norm
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 5:35 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

[font=Trebuchet] [/font]I am not an avid 12 step recovery person, but I do respect those that are.
I feel that being on Suboxone and attending a 12 step group causes too much confusion because everyday I am free of my addictive behavior- I celebrate. Medication helped me to change my behavior, it aided me. Yes, I do feel it is something I could not do without being medicated, I have a psychological disorder that needs medication and luckily Suboxone has been very helpful.
As far as what I do personally to stay on a Recovery Path, I attend counseling, stay very involved in online group recovery discussions, volunteer as a recovery advocate, and work with others new to recovery.
I do wish I had more people to talk to face to face and I am working on starting a local MARS(Medication Assisted Recovery Support) Group. I wanted to do this so much that I started college earlier this year to earn a degree in Human Services and get a license as an Addiction Counselor.There is such a profound need for group support where people using medication as part of their recovery can voice their triumphs and concerns openly and where they can learn from a positive source of information.

Post subject: Fantastic News
PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 3:51 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hi shelwoy!

I'm so glad to hear that your recovery is working for you. I too would like to help others with addiction issues & have wondered how to go about it.

May I ask, how long were you on opiates & how long have you been taking the Suboxone?

Please keep us informed on how your doing. I wish you good luck & continued success.

bq68