It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:02 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:03 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

First, I am aware that snorting bupe increases the bioavailability almost by twice as much absorbtion.
I have been on subs for 1 year and 3 months. I am still in an outpatient treatment that meets once a week and have not relapsed on opiates for over 1 year. I have recently gotten very into NA, sponsor, step work, almost daily meetings and am doing very well. This happened after a relapse I had in october on cocaine/crack, I had done coke about 3 months before that as well. Both times were just 1 night that I didn't really enjoy. After the most recent one, I decided I need to listen to what everyone tells me in meetings and really get committed to sobriety with a sponsor and step work. I have been doing great since then and in a very good place. A little history, I was an opiate addict(started with snorting oxy, opana, stuff like that and eventually moved on to IV heroin, dilaudid, opana and so on. Also, a serious alcohol and daily user of marijuana. Did the occasional coke, crack, MDMA, benzos, barbs, among other things besides methamphetamine and PCP). I was an addict for about 9 years, I am only 24 so most of my life. Been to many treatments before but this time was serious and I really was sick and tired of being sick and tired, which is why I have done so well the past year besides the two coke slip ups (wasn't even a drug I ever really liked, but an addict is an addict, whatever gets you out of your own head

I was started on 20mg of subxone for 6 months, switched to subutex b/c suboxone gave me migraine or at least a headache. Took many diff doctors to finally get someone who would try that and instantly problem was solved. I do see the hesitation doctors have, because although I don't IV it (did try twice a long time ago but it was pointless), I have been snorting it. So over the past year I and few months I have tapered to 4mg of subutex per day. My problem is, I snort it, so with the increased absorbtion I think I am probably taking like 7mg. I can't seem to stop snorting it, it doesn't get me high, I just prefer to take it that way than wait for it to dissolve and it works more quickly. Another problem is, I keep running out early b/c some days I take extra thinking it will give me a nice warm sub feeling, but obviously it NEVER does and I still continue to take more than prescribed and will take more and more. Some days I stick to my dose, but often I take more. At the end of the month before I see my doctor, I have to buy films to get myself there without getting sick. Last month, I ran out 3 days early and wasn't able to get any and I figured I wouldnt really WD b/c of the long half life. I was correct until the third day I started getting the symptoms. When I did take my dose, I didn't get fucked up but I got a nice warm opiate feeling. Even though I know taking extra wont DO SHIT, I still do it sometimes. Obviously addict behavior but I dont get it b/c I dont get high. Maybe its because I want to run out so I can go a few days again and get that slight high when I do take it. Any suggestions or words of advice would be greatly appreciated. I don't want to tell my doctor I am having cravings b/c they will raise my dose no questions asked. And, I recently went from 6 to 4mg, and I DO NOT want to back track after all that work. Plus who knows how much I am actually getting when I snort 4mg, I could really just be on 6-7 mg a day.

Any thoughts, suggestions, advice, or mostly similar experiences that could be shared please let me know. I dk if many people check this section of the forum, but if anyone who reads this who knows a user who does have an experience with this please let them know. I almost want to go back on suboxone but i get so sick on it and the same thing would probably happen. I'd prob just use an exacto knife, cut into tiny pieces and snort, and take more than I am supposed to

It Basically comes down to self control to me, I could prob take the correct dose if I really tried but at the same time I am an addict and who knows if I truly can. An idea I thought of was to give my mom ( she has been very supportive of my sobriety and probably would be shooting dope right now if it wasn't for her and my dad paying for my treatment) and have her watch the actually place the 2 under my tongue and just give me 4mg a day. I don't know anymore and this had been going on for too long. I don't want to keep running out and I want to lower my dose but currentlY I just can't I need help

Thanks everyone and sorry for the long ass message

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:29 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Hey Stew 1, this is abuse my friend. Addicts do this. I over took my subs all the time that first year. Always lookin for that xtra lift.
Go back to the films if you really want to stop this snorting. You said you were on them for 6 months. Head hurt..well back then maybe your dose was higher. Today at 4 mgs a day, id guess thses headaches wouldnt be there. You have a sponsor, use him. Tell on yourself. Its about being accountable to someone or thing. I have sponsees your age.one is a member here. Untill there is honesty,this type on addict behavor will continue. Not judging but have seen it and lived it.
Maybe you hacnt or cant tell your sponsor about subs, and i do get that! Keep posting here and there is help here. Read some of Dr J's posts over on the Talkzone..

You say you run out early also. You really need to just try to stop my friend..best of luck.....razor 55..

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:57 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

You may want to consider raising your dosage a little and return to sublingual use. I don't consider that consider that the 'back slide,' as what you are doing now on the lower dosage is actually a return to addict behavior. Ask yourself why you are taking the buprenorphine to begin with? Was it to lead a life free of active addiction or to taper no matter what at the rate you had in mind and have a very low chance of not going back to active addiction when off? There's nothing magic about buprenorphine, people typically do well and stay alive on it, most people return to active opioid use off of it within a short period of time. The behavior you are exhibiting ON buprenorphine makes me, as an objective outsider, think that you are not ready at this time to continue a taper optimally.

540 Greenhaven Road #201|Anoka, MN 55303
(763)250.0702
http://www.facebook.com/TpnServiceCompanies
Person-centered counseling, education, advocacy, referral services and assessments.

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 1:28 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I agree it is addict behavior and no I have not told my sponsor yet. I just got a much better new one about 2 hours ago lol. Do you guys think this counts as a relapse? Im not using any other drugs besides antidepressant and naproxen. I get why I snort, what I dont get is why I take extra when I know it wont make me get that extra "lift" you talked about. It does absolutely nothing but for some reason I do it anyways. I am going to have to continue to snort to get more absorbtion until my next appt. If i just snort 2mg I can basically take my 4mg dose and make up for all the ones I am missing, I just need to utilize my self will. And then go back to taking sublingually. I can't go back to films, the headaches happen on any dose and they get bad, sometimes turn to migraines which I do get anyways sometimes. And the flavoring in suboxone makes me feel ill. I am tapering and have been basically since I started Nov 2012. I just recently went from 6 to 5 to now 4. Since I have been getting more absoption and probably getting more than 4mg a day. I think next appt I will ask to go up to 6mg again by saying I have been having terrible cravings, they will raise no questions asked. They basically want you to stay on a high dose. I dont want to back track but if I am snorting 4mg a day, thats like 7 sublingually. SO if i get prescribed 6mg a day and take properly it will sort of be like a taper and I can get used to sublingual ROA again. and then work down to 5 to 4 by sticking with sublingual. Ill let you guys know how the next few days go and how much I take. Thanks for responses.

Mods, please move if you think there is a better section for this that could potentially get more responses. Thanks

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 2:21 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I have 22 2mg pills and 22 days left until my new script. I should have 44. I normally just take a little extra and im just a few short towards the end, esp when I do take it sublingually but thats not often. Therefor, If I continue to snort and get twice the absorption, I could be taking exactly the dose I am supposed to be taking if I stick with just 1 pill a day. Today I took 3 or 4. Idk why this week I have been taking so much but I think it has to do with what I mentioned earlier. Before my last appt, I ran out 3 days early and was not able to find any to get off the streets. Had the flu at the time so I was already sick, but didn't notice any withdrawal symptoms until the 3rd day as I was pretty much over the flu. Diarrhea, sweats, restlessness/sleeplessness. Nothing too serious, diarrhea was only thing really bothering me. When I got my script that evening around 6pm, I took 4mg. It had been close to 72 hours since my last dose. So, when I did finally take it, it got me somewhat of a euphoric bupe high. I haven't felt that in over a year. I think I have bee chasing this when what I am really doing it just making it such a high dose I cant feel anything and somehow think more will do the trick when I KNOW it wont. Just thought I would include that. I dont want to keep snorting but its the only way to make it to by Dr appt without buying 8mg films which I dont want to do. I will still update to let you know how it is going. I may even start skipping 1 day and then take it, skip a day, take it, and so on so I can get my tolerance back down and have closer to the amt I am supposed to have. My next appt isnt for a while so I will think about whether I want to ask the doc to move me back to 6, or I may just stick with 4mg and try my best to go back to sublingual ROA so I can truly know what dose I am on and not fluctuate my dose every day. Btw, to who said I should get back on films, that wont solve the problem. I have ran out before and gotten subs and got half of what I needed b/c I knew I could snort by cutting into very tiny pieces and get the double absorption. The only option I can think of it to control myself and get back into the routine of taking properly. Or give to my mother who can give me 2 pills a day and watch me put them under my tongue. Of course, I would have to tell her what I have been doing for past 6 months which I dont want to do but will if I cant learn to control myself. I have overcome a lot, I believe I can do this. At least I am not IVing them. I have tried twice before and you get 4x the absorption that way meaning I could take 1mg a day and it be like taking 4mg sublingually. When I tried it, did nothing for me really and decided it wasn't worth it when I don't need any more track marks than I have and dont want people to see my arms and think I am using heroin/pills again.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 2:30 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Ive decided I am going to skip every other day which will allow me to take 4mg sublingually every other day. Or try skipping 2 days in a row to make me short 22 to 18 and so on, or until I start WD. Bad part of the latter idea is a may get that high that I dont want ( I do b/c I am an addict but its not good for my recovery). Wish me luck I am going to try my best to skip tomorrow and stay busy so I dont think about it.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 2:46 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

stewart1 wrote:
what I dont get is why I take extra when I know it wont make me get that extra "lift" you talked about. It does absolutely nothing but for some reason I do it anyways.

Many of us tried taking extra in out first year or two so on sub. I remember a point when it kind of clicked for me. I realized I am an addict, really "got it". I mean, you know it's pointless so now just need to get used to the fact that it's not an option. Running out of sub early from this sucks and it's a very good feeling to graduate from it. I remember the feeling when I quit cigs. You get the urge and for a second you forget you can't smoke and then oh yeah, can't do that. Similarly, you are used to taking a pill or whatever to satisfy your urges. It get easier and easier Here's a good quote "your craving WILL go away whether you take the extra sub or not".

Sub is about taking it at a specific time every day and that's that. Now time to work on recovery. I wouldn't stress to much about if it's a "relapse" or not. Try to make progress where you can little by little and before you know it the 'abuse' of sub will be history. "We strive for progress not perfection"

stewart1 wrote:
I dont want to back track

This is total addict thinking. Sorry not trying to be harsh or anything but if you are doing this stuff maybe it's a bit soon to taper. You will know when you are ready to taper. When i was around a year in, someone at AA told me I shouldn't be on sub. I thought going from 8mg to 6mg was the hardest thing in the world and kept imagining "withdrawals" and couldn't do it. After about 3 years on sub I finally really felt ready and I've spent the past 2 years since then very slowly tapering because there's no race to get off for me. I've never really had any withdrawal at all and going from 8mg to 2mg was easy as pie because I was finally really ready to give it a real shot.

Do what YOU need to stay off drugs. If someone is making you feel like you need to come off, be careful. Sub is such a nice tool when taken correctly but we need to work on completely changing the way we think and act and that takes time.

U can do it!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 7:27 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I agree I am most definitely working recovery. In outpatient but its been so long and repetitive now I just want to be done. got 8 weeks left luckily and only go once a week for 2 hours. My real recovery is coming from NA, sponsor, sober support network that i talk to daily and step work. I just need to quit "abusing" my sub cuz its completely pointless. Ive been down to 3 when I was on films and wasnt snorting. Just 3mg once a day and was fine. I went back up to 6 a couple months back and noone is rushing my taper. its me who wants to do it. Just since i started snorting it bc it easier, work faster and dont like taking sublingually. But I am going to start skipping every other day and taking it correctly. I have the strength and support to do it, just havent told anyone yet. Im going to work on it my own the next3 weeks until I see my doc and if im having a problem ll say I need to go up. If I can do it great ill just stick with 4 and go to three in like 2 months once I get used to sublingually again

thanks for advice everyone, ill let how today goes with no subs. I mean ill be totally fine esp since I have taken so much the past few a a t days i could go afew days with the buildup in my system. When I start getting diarrhe or any WD syptoms. Im glad i came back on this forums, its been months. forgot about all the helpful people, I used it a lot when I first started subs for my second try but this time I really learned a lot on here. Dr Junig seems great I wish he was y=my sub dr. I have a really great one ut he moved so the past 2 visits have been endless bullshit cant wait until they get a permanent replacement.

glenbee, forgot what you said exactly but no offense taken just appreciated advice thanks

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 7:43 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

wow, you definately need to stop snorting suboxone...and its your choice but it doesnt seem like you are ready to taper and sounds like you need a higher dose. 4 mg and even 6 mg, hell even 8 mgs is a fairly low dose...if you are craving a high, by snorting the sub...and craving a high by taking more than you are prescribed, then why not tell your doc and get put on 16mg? saying all this with love.

how was today? did you snort any today?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 3:05 am 
New Poster
New Poster

I'm in the same boat. Damn this stuff... I wish I would've known before I got on 'tex that it had the half life of a radioactive donut... Of course that wouldn't have helped the second time I got back on it after months of abstaining... But that's not my point. This stuff is hell. Created to save junkies everywhere, but really just makes us more of a slave to the next fix. I'm an adult. I realize the situation I've put myself in, and having to hide it is the part that really keeps me up at night. But I've tried the abstention, it was miserable. I was sick for a month, even after tapering down to .5 mg. I was a mess, I had no energy, no drive, no nothing. When I start to feel like I want to stop I remember how it was and I say screw it. I swear the only way to get off the 'tex is to get back on the regular stuff for a month and then stop that. At least WDs would only last a week... None of this no sleep for a month garbage. If it was my script and everything was on the up and up that'd be one thing.. But it's not... And that makes me feel like a db. I also know what happens if you just wait around pretending like nothing can will go wrong... Time is not on my side. I've got quite the stash save up since I hold onto my buddy's meds and he gives me some of them. Enough to do a decent few week-month long taper - but even if I get down to once a day or every other it will still be a month til I can crap normally or sleep through the night. Ahh 'Tex... You Wonder Drug you...

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 8:06 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

I know this over a year old .. But I've been reading a lot on these boards & this hit home! I felt like I was reading me :( .. Lost.. Confused & Fed up!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 8:13 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

NeverSayNever wrote:
I'm in the same boat. Damn this stuff... I wish I would've known before I got on 'tex that it had the half life of a radioactive donut... Of course that wouldn't have helped the second time I got back on it after months of abstaining... But that's not my point. This stuff is hell. Created to save junkies everywhere, but really just makes us more of a slave to the next fix. I'm an adult. I realize the situation I've put myself in, and having to hide it is the part that really keeps me up at night. But I've tried the abstention, it was miserable. I was sick for a month, even after tapering down to .5 mg. I was a mess, I had no energy, no drive, no nothing. When I start to feel like I want to stop I remember how it was and I say screw it. I swear the only way to get off the 'tex is to get back on the regular stuff for a month and then stop that. At least WDs would only last a week... None of this no sleep for a month garbage. If it was my script and everything was on the up and up that'd be one thing.. But it's not... And that makes me feel like a db. I also know what happens if you just wait around pretending like nothing can will go wrong... Time is not on my side. I've got quite the stash save up since I hold onto my buddy's meds and he gives me some of them. Enough to do a decent few week-month long taper - but even if I get down to once a day or every other it will still be a month til I can crap normally or sleep through the night. Ahh 'Tex... You Wonder Drug you...

Wow! I agree!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 10:04 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Since I am fed up with the bs on how hard it is to get off sub, I am going to say my piece. I got addicted to pain pills. Ironically I had been through w/d's but didn't know what it was. I herniated several discs in my back and didn't want surgery. There is a diagnosis code for "failed back surgery" & that means it happens allot. So I couldn't walk for 6 months, was in a wheel chair then a walker & finally a cane. I used chiropractic & acupuncture and of course the pills. It was a year before I healed. I guess I kind of did a taper but not intentionally. I just took less pills because I had less pain.

Then I stopped them completely. First I got nauseous, then the chills, next came anxiety. You all know the drill. I couldn't sleep for 3 months I thought I had cancer and went to the doctor a bunch of times and my blood work was fine, blah blah. At 4 months I started to have a few good days but it was a long time until I felt like me again.

There is no one week of w/d from pain pills. Stop kidding yourself. We couldn't stop on our own that's why we went on sub. I am tired of people bashing it. There is no free ride. Sub is not a perfect medication. Neither is insulin, it causes blindness among other things

Taper off, forget what w/d's are and just keep living like I did when I didn't know what was happening. Sub is not the devil, opiates are

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 10:51 pm 

Tiki I love ur post so very much that if u could see me right now, you'd see me clapping! Right on and I agree 100%. Sub isn't supposed to be perfect, u still gotta do some of the work and everyone should be educated on what to expect before taking the first one. There's no easy quick fix. Great post tiki, glad to hear from ya :)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 6:55 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Thank you Jennjenn. I get so mad when people bash sub. Had to just let it out last night lol

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 6:57 am 
New Poster
New Poster

Hi everyone,
I was reading the thread out of curiosity and I thought I'd sign up to be able to leave a comment of my own. I understand we have all had one hell of a time one way or another either with addiction, mental illness, or pain issues. Personally, I was dependent on opiate pain pills for many, many years. I sought help to get off of them and the doctor I consulted ended up putting me on methadone. I was young, naive, and didn't realize how much more difficult methadone would be to get off of compared to what I was trying to get off of in the first place (about 20 10mg Lorcet daily). I struggled with that particular doctor because he was a little flaky (I suspected he was not exactly qualified to be helping people with dependency issues) and he ended up abruptly stopping prescribing methadone to ALL patients! This made me have to start going to a local methadone clinic. Once I was at the clinic, my life went downhill because of the secrecy of the clinic with regard to the dose they were giving patients. I remember starting on 15mg of methadone when I began treatment, but that amount was greatly increased because I kept on feeling more depressed than usual and just "not right". I was honest with the counsellors there and I found out later that they were just increasing my mg each time I would tell them I was not feeling good. I ended up checking myself into an impatient detox because I became unable to function. I was only eating and then sleeping about 18 hours a day. I could not think clearly, I could not stay awake, and then I would not be able to sleep when I'd want to. Everything became just impossible.
When I checked into a detox facility, they asked me to bring in some records from the methadone clinic. My mom helped me do this, and my parents paid cash for my treatment. My methadone clinic had increased my original 15mg methadone dose to 195mg!!! My clinic would not tell us what our dose was because they did not want us trying to monitor our own treatment since it was their job. I was pissed when I found out how high they were dosing me because it made detoxing that much more difficult. I stayed in the detox facility a month and then they tried telling me I'd need another month (because I was a cash patient, most likely) So, I said "NOPE". I left AMA and my family's doctor agreed to prescribe me methadone pills along with a taper schedule. He explained to my mom how to dose me each day and that's how I came off the last 50 mg or so.
I saw a well known "celebrity" addiction specialist for a couple years after detox. He tried to address my depression (the reason I started taking opiates in the first place) and anxiety by using non narcotic medications. I was put on nearly everything (30 meds so far) and nothing helped. Then, finally in 2004, he put me on "a new medication that is helping opiate addicts live normal lives" and I met Subutex. I started on 4mg and by the second month, I was down to 2mg. I stayed on 2mg for a couple of years. I did not relapse while on Subutex because it helped my depression a little bit too as well as stoped the withdrawal feeling.
I have been taking buprenorphine off and on since 2004. I have come off of it 3 times. I wanted to share my experience with getting off of it for those of you who are struggling because I learned from doing it incorrectly what the correct way of coming off is. And, let me tell you...the last time I came off of it, I felt ZERO withdrawal symptoms even though I kept waiting for them to start. haha
Here's the most important piece of advice I have for you if you have decided to stop taking buprenorphine:[/color] SPREAD OUT THE TAPER OF THE FINAL 1-2 MG OR SO AS LONG AS YOU CAN. I made the mistake of weaning off too quickly the first time I came off and I paid for it. I had a hell of a time and I even had some hallucinations which scared the hell out of me because I felt as if I had finally lost my mind.
In my case, it has always been easy to go from the full dose down to the final 1-2mg...even quickly. Personally, once a person has become stabilized on buprenorphine (suboxone or subutex), there is little need to really take over 4-8mg daily EVER. Do yourselves a favor, and really try to take the minimum dose that you can. It will make your experience much easier coming off of it. I usually come off of 2mg total. I start the taper by taking 1.5 mg daily for 2 weeks or so and the I will go down to 1mg for 2 weeks or so. The slower taper starts here and I will go down to .75 for 3 weeks and then .50mg for 3 weeks and then .25 for a month before finally not taking anything. If I feel shaky, I can take a crumb on a day here or there, but I think that's mostly just a mental bandaid. As long as you stretch out the final mg or so over at least a couple months, you will give your system time to get acclimated to less medication. That is my advice for you to get off of buprenorphine for once and for all.
I start taking subutex again when my life gets nearly unbearable. Like, if I feel my depression is sooooo heavy where it scares me because I am tempted to self medicate with a fist full of opiates, I see my subutex doctor and I tell him what's going on. In my case, I have used buprenorphine as a preventative measure. It has worked. I have not had any full blown relapses. I HAVE taken an oxy here and there (maybe 2 per year?) just for fun. But, I did not fall back to the prior state I was in. I don't recommend playing around though...I am not an "addict" because I took the pills in order to escape the misery of my depression. I think that might matter. Don't get me wrong, I certainly might have been an addict...it just doesn't seem to make as much sense as it does to me to explain it was to escape the depression. I don't think one is "better" than the other....we are all living much too difficult of a life when we are taking opiates the wrong/unprescribed (where we are honest with our doctor) way. For me, Buprenorphine has undoubtedly saved my life. My liver would have went out by now, I think, had I not been given the chance to try that "new drug". I wish everyone who is dependant of opiates would give buprenorphine a shot. Without it, recovery is simply not likely.
As for the person who is snorting subs: I feel like you are approaching your treatment with an active addict mindset, which is definitely not likely to be as successful as possible. You are not fit to be making your own treatment schedule or dosing regimen. (that's not an insult...either was I...none of us are or else we probably wouldn't even know what buprenorphine was, right? :)) I think you have been relying on faulty information regarding the absorption levels of taking it sublingually vs intranasally. There is only 4mg of buprenorphine hcl in a 4mg subutex pill regardless of the way it is ingested. If the most beneficial method of taking the medication was to insufflate it, the directions would say to snort it. I know certain methods of taking substances result in quicker effects and differences in duration, but SERIOUSLY, STOP BEING SO OBSESSED WITH THESE DETAILS. The fact you are so tuned in to these things like absorption is a red flag. Please try and trust your doctor...trust the ones who have developed this wonderful tool for us. This is a serious time for you...it probably is one of your last shots of saving your life and one of your last chances of being able to still maintain some semblance of a "normal" life. Please, communicate your situation to either your doctor or to your sponsor. (I'd suggest your doctor, definitely). If you need a higher dose, your doctor will give you that. (most likely) I don't see how you could really need much more than 4-8mg per day, but I understand there is a mental aspect to the way we feel too. If you feel you need more, then so be it. As far as taking too much and running out. I used to do that with my methadone take homes all the time but that was because I DID GET HIGH from doing that. Then, I would be useless the final 2 days of the week until I got more. It was NOT worth it. The warm feeling I got for 5 days taking too much of my methadone was NOT at all worth the 2 days of yuckiness and guilt I felt before I got the next weeks take homes. (looking back, I should have been honest with the clinic and told them so I wouldn't have had that opportunity....but as you can imagine...why would I want to have to drive across town in the COLD as ice mornings at 7am to get my dose everyday when I could go only once a week because they trusted me?). We truly do make parts of the process of getting better much, much more difficult than we need to. So, I hope you can be honest with your caretaker and get on track. I don't know if you can truly recover if you are snorting your meds. People who snort things don't exactly seem to be wanting to get better. I'm not judging you though, I know it's really hard and frightening too. Besides the depression I've had for 20 years that won't respond to anything...Opiate addiction/dependence/recovery is the shittiest thing I have ever had to deal with in my entire life. I feel for everyone who is struggling and i truly hope we all can get better. We are good people....we just made a few bad choices. The fact we are trying to get better says we aren't willing to accept living such a difficult, exhausting, unstable life like we were drug seeking and constantly having to be worried about getting sick etc. Getting better takes strength and honesty, so I hope people can at least give that to us. Don't feel as if you are backtracking if you must have your dose increased. It's part of the process as long as you are COMPLETELY HONEST WITH YOUR DOCTOR. We KNOW what is right and what is wrong. When we are making the wrong choice (when you are going for more of your medication knowing you already took the full amount for the day), we KNOW we are f*cking up. It's like self-defeatism. Stop making it harder on yourself then it has to be. We are told we are "addicts" and that we "have a disease and can't control ourselves"...but that is a load of bullshit. We have self control. We choose to pick up. We didn't necessarily choose to get hooked...but we are NOT completely free from responsibility. Let's be more honest and let's all try to get better. I completely understand how difficult it is to try to get better. I wish you all luck.
Sorry for the long message. I have a bad habit of doing that. Thanks for reading this if you are still with me. Good luck!!! :)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 4:06 pm 

Hey gorgeous,
Thank you so much for your thoughts and shairing you experiences..

You IMO really nailed it on several points. I hope others read this, I know it make good sence to me..

Welcome and please post again sometime...

Razor..

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 4:56 pm 

It made sense to me too & I really enjoyed it also. I related with ya on several things. I also liked the part about being an addict but still having a choice and not making bad choices...that is exactly my thoughts on it too.

Welcome!!