It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:00 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 12:43 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

If just like to update anyone who cares on my story. About a month ago I was put on subutex for addiction to opiates then the doctor decided to use it long term for my chronic pain management. After 29 days of 4mg a day of subutex I was switched to suboxone and told to go to pain management. After 9 days of 4mg of suboxone, I got in with pain management where my new doctor told me to stop the suboxone immediately so that he could properly treat my pain with 3 10mg hydrocodone a day. I am okay with this because I am in so much pain everyday and I know I'm gonna have to manage it just to function with my condition, but anyway, today marks 48 hours since my last dose of suboxone and I've already taken my daily limit of 3 hydrocodone and feel NOTHING. Not the slightest bit of relief. I am not trying to catch a buzz off of these meds, so I hope no one takes it that way, but about how much more would I have to take to break through the sub in my receptors so that I can start getting relief and then taking my normal dose everyday? I appreciate any response. God bless you all. :(

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 4:18 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I'm not sure I can accurately answer you question. You are aleady aware that suboxone takes a wicked long time to clear from those receptors. Thankfully, you were only on 4mg's per day so I wouldn't expect it to take more than a couple more days to clear up.

The bad news is, I don't know if you will be able to breakthrough the subs with hydrocodone. It probably would breakthrough if you took enough, but I would worry about all the acetaminophen in them doing more harm than good if you got up too high.

My recommendation, if all you have to work with is the hydrocodone, would be to just wait it out. I know it sucks, but I wouldn't take the chance of damaging your liver trying to take enough to do the trick. Just stick with your 3 a day, and I bet you will start to feel a difference within a couple days.

Sorry I couldn't give you better advice. :(

Q

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 4:22 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thank you for your advice! It's much appreciated. I'm just gonna wait it out because if I take anymore I could risk liver damage or worse, slipping back into my old "take the whole script in one day" habit and I just can't do that! Thank you again. God bless! :D

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 4:26 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

No problem MCTD!

I just wanted to let you know that I saw your duplicate post in the Misc. section. I deleted it, just to keep your thread here as your primary source for answers. There is no need to double post as most of our members will see it no matter what section you put it in.

Good luck!

Qhorsegal2

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:56 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey man I have been a pain management patient for a long time going to hydrocodone route is crazy if you ask me. One your aware that you have a opiate addiction problem two you know that 30mgs of hydros will only work for so long till your back to we're you were taking crazy high doses of pain meds that in the end stop working. Try methadone man I've been on it for close to three years and its the best thing that's happen to me and my recovery in a long time! The nice thing about methadone is once you find the dose that works you don't have to do increase after increase that dose will work just as good two years later as it did when you first took it. The best aspect is it will treat your pain but you won't be high all day in order to do that. So you can actually have a life again were you won't be in pain all day nor high from the meds helping your pain. Since I started methadone Im 3 credits away from getting my bachelors degree I've held down a steady job and though it ended I had my first serious relationship for a year and a half sober. I can go on all day telling you all the great things methadone has done for me. Just give it a try man because you and I both know 30mgs of hydrocodone isn't going to do shit for your pain. Shit 30mgs of OxyContin wouldn't do much for you after a month at that dose.

Just my input I really hope you find something that works for you! Good luck