It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:00 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 6:20 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

I am brand new to this forum, however I've been taking suboxone for about 2 1/2 years now. I've been stable on the 12/3 dose, 1 film daily. I recently started with a new sub doctor as we moved out of state. He wants me to switch over to Zubsolv next month. I was wondering if anyone had any experience with this drug, does it work better/worse/the same... any advice at all would be greatly appreciated. I've been clean for 2 1/2 years ever since starting the suboxone and I certainly dont want to rock the boat at this point. I'm not giving the drug all the credit as counseling and outpatient rehabs helped as well. Looking forward to any advice you may have to offer.

Thank you!!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 10:25 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Welcome to the forum jasper! I take zubsolv and I am very happy with it. It took me a couple of weeks to get used to it though. It's a small white pill with a mint taste. The only negative I have is that it takes 10-15 minutes to fully dissolve. I had been on the suboxone films were no longer covered by my insurance.

IMO, you should discuss the change in medication. You say you have done well on the 12/3 sub film so why "fix it if it ain't broke ".

I know a few others take zubsolv here. I hope they also chime in.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 11:03 pm 

Tikis question is mine also, why switch? Is it that your dr just wants you to or is it an Ins issuse?

Just my 2 cents here but if it were me and its not about payment of meds, Id be reluctant to make the change .
There are several Buprenorphine products being used today. Each one does work. They all do have there own plus's or minus s .
I thought the generic Zubslov was to disolve quickly? For bioability sake. ..
Whatever the reason, please don't panic and just ask your Doc what gives?...
As Tiki says "if it aint broke"????

Razor

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 1:26 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I concur! If you insurance required it that would be reasonable... but he is changing you, why?

Contrary to opinions out there, it is illegal for doctors to prescribe a medication in order to get something in return. Is he trying to please a good-looking sales rep?

My patients choose the med, based on where they find the best value-- combined with what they tolerate the best. My choices have very little to do with the choice. Not certain why he is changing you. Buprenorphine is buprenorphine; the molecules are identical, no matter where they come from. But some products take a bit of practice, to get the absorption process running smoothly. I would expect you to do fine... but you should not be placed in this situation.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 1:30 pm 

I take zubsolv because my insurance company, United Healthcare, required me to switch. I had to bump my dose up slightly, but it works well. I like it better than the films, although when one wants to taper down to low amounts before stepping off, the films are much easier to deal with.

Amy

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 6:06 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Thank you everyone for all the responses!! I am hesitant to switch, as you said "If it aint broke...", however, my insurance gave me quite the run around to get a prior authorization last month. I'm approoved on the suboxone until March 9, 2016. I guess at that point I'll consider switching if getting the Zubsolv is any easier. So I have that issue, and my new doc seems to prefer Zubsolv over suboxone. I guess I will take it as it comes, I am fortunate enough that this doc accepts my insurance so I pay very little out of pocket. I must have searched through at least 20-30 docs and only one accepted any insurance at all. I am encouraged by your favorable comments on Zubsolv.

Thanks again!! Jasper16 :)