It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:50 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 7:19 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

It's BABY time.

I'm posting on my laptop from the hospital right now...we're going to have a baby by around 6am or so.

My wife decided that she wanted a new digital camera...because our Canon is just too big. It's a NICE camera, don't get me wrong..and we paid over $600 for it (it was one of the first things I bought right after I quit chasing pills, and I was ULTRA proud of that camera...because I was spending money on THINGS instead of pills!)
SO yesterday we ordered this NICE Fuji S4000 Point and Shoot camera...because having a DSLR is a bit...hard to lug around. We figured we would use the new Fuji at the hospital for pics of the new baby...but turns out that we were WRONG.

I ordered it around 4pm yesterday evening..and i told my wife "now you gotta wait to have her until the camera gets here!"

I'll be DAMNED if she didn't wake me up at around 2:30am this morning and say "I think my water just broke...."

SO off to the hospital we go..and yes, it WAS her water that broke!!

When everything settles down and I can spend some time on the internet, I'll put up a couple of pictures....as long as I can do it from my laptop -- because I'm not leaving her side until we go home with the baby.

We're both kinda scared, and I'm trying to keep things positive for her, but I'm scared shitless too..her first C-section and I just don't want anything to go wrong...but I don't want her to know that I'm worried. I just got thought telling her that it'll be fine, they do C-sections all the time and nothing will go wrong.

Everyone say a prayer / keep us in your thoughts. I'll be back later, probably around evening/night time and post some pics.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:03 am 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Wow!!! Congrats jonathanm!

I'll be keeping you & your family in my thoughts & prayers today - keep us posted! Good Luck!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:32 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Congrats! I had 3 c-sections and everything was fine. If you are worried about her bleeding like last time then a c-section is a good thing. If she starts to bleed out again they already have her open and can stop it quickly.

I know it's easier said than done but try not worry and enjoy this amazing experience. It doesn't matter how many kids you've had prior, it is a miracle every time. Can't wait to see the pics of your beautiful new daughter!

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 7:09 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Well, yesterday was a VERY long and trying day. C-section went fine...I'm here in the room next to my wife, but the baby has had to stay in the nursery, mainly because she's preemie and can't handle room oxygen yet (which is 25%..and she's on 30% oxygen right now).

We started out with her at 50% O2, and her O2 sats were stable with that..but she couldn't be dropped down..over the course of the night..she's been dropped from 50% of O2 down to 30% O2 and is holding her O2 sats right around 99 to 100% under the hood.

Sad, but we still haven't gotten to hold her. My wife ...I know she is wanting to hold her pretty bad..but it'll come. I managed to get to hold her while we walked up from the Operating room to the nursery..so I've been the ONLY person who's been able to enjoy her, and that walk seemed like it was over in 2 seconds.

ANYWAY...the nurse in the nursery saw me just staring at her, and said "Can I take a picture of you two, you're going to make me cry..." because I was just holding her little hand and staring at her...so I gave the nurse my phone and she snapped the pic that I'm posting for you guys here.

Keep in mind, this little girl gets to see daddy from her first day in his true colors..not high. My other babies, when they were born..daddy was busy chasing those fukin pills and didn't act like a daddy should. But I got the opportunity to do this one right from the start, and I'll be damned if I'd let a pill come between me and this little girl. She's WAY toooooooo precious for that!!

Here's the pic:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 8:53 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

WOW.

Congratulation Jonathan! It must be an amazing feeling being where you are right now. Thank you for the update and photos. Recovering addicts are often the most doting of parents. There's something about us wanting to pour that caring and energy into nurturing something, energy that was once directed at our using.

I wish the best for you, your daughter and yourself.

My niece was born a couple of weeks ago premature. She was 5 pounds 5 oz, and she's doing fine now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:56 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I neglected to mention weights and such, but she was 5lb 12oz, 17.5" long...

I just left the nursery, she's still at 30% oxygen..so we don't have far to go. She has GOT to quit grunting and the O2 has to be at 25% before they can remove the hood...but we're getting there.

I hope by 6pm tonight that I have been able to hold my daughter..that would be GREAT. We are just waiting patiently to get our hands on her...

But she's definitely not any worse..so things are OK...she just needs a little help breathing because of being early.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 4:48 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Such a beautiful picture!!!

Reading what you wrote about holding her made me cry - the first time holding our babies is such a special time & it brought me back to when my boys were born :)

Your daughter is georgous! What a head full of hair! What did you decide to name her?

I hope your wife gets her hands on her very soon & good luck to all 3 of you!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 5:22 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Her name is Reagan Nichole..we had been decided on that name for quite a while.

I was hoping we'd be holding her by this evening, but it's not going to happen today....so we're going to push that hope for tomorrow.

Doctors aren't very encouraging are they? He comes in and blasted our hopes of being able to hold her EARLY this morning.

DAMN pediatricians...you'd think they went to school and studied babies or some shit.

But he really did hand us discouraging news, when we've spent almost 24 hours looking forward to holding our angel, and we're told that as long as she's grunting and on O2 at 30% we will have to wait...it's not very exciting news...but tomorrow will be here before long and maybe we can get ahold of her then.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:19 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

jonathanm1978 wrote:
Her name is Reagan Nichole..we had been decided on that name for quite a while.

I was hoping we'd be holding her by this evening, but it's not going to happen today....so we're going to push that hope for tomorrow.

Doctors aren't very encouraging are they? He comes in and blasted our hopes of being able to hold her EARLY this morning.

DAMN pediatricians...you'd think they went to school and studied babies or some shit.

But he really did hand us discouraging news, when we've spent almost 24 hours looking forward to holding our angel, and we're told that as long as she's grunting and on O2 at 30% we will have to wait...it's not very exciting news...but tomorrow will be here before long and maybe we can get ahold of her then.

I'm so happy for you that you have a beautiful, new baby daughter!!

I know it sucks to not be able to hold her. I had a preemie, too, and I didn't get to hold her for soooo long. The bottom line, though, is that this is just a blip and then you will be riding off into the sunset. She is perfect. What a blessing and I'm so happy for you that you are getting to appreciate it sober. She is a lucky little girl, right from the start!! Life is good, huh?

laddertipper

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 7:14 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Just keep being positive Jonathan, while you're waiting to hold reagan spend as much alone time with your wife as you can. She needs you right now. Preemies need special attention, so try to be patient while your angel gets herself ready to go home with you :)

I love her name by the way!