It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:34 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 4:15 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

The reason im here is because I really have no one to talk too about this. My mom keeps telling me to go to a doctor and they will help but she doesn't understand the corruption around detox doctors.

So I score suboxone off the streets in the 8mg orange pills and the 8/2mg films. I have done tons of research on not just suboxone but opiates in general and how they work. It is a part of my addiction I become obsessed with the drug, I read about it, watch movies on it, soak up every ounce of information. I did the same with suboxone and decided today at around 2pm to induce myself with somewhere around 1.5-2mg. I snorted it, its more effective that way.

My last dose was about 5mg of hydrocodone around 6am before that I was tapering off heroin using oxy for 3 days. I had 40 oxy 10mg pills used that to taper off a 400-500mg a day heroin addiction. I always use oxy first to taper off the heroin lowering my doses each day till I run out, this time around I found a half vicodin pill after I had ran out of oxy and took that right in the morning. it didnt do much I was shifting around in bed all morning and woke up around 10am.

that makes 8 hours since my last dose of 5 mg Hydrocodone which is nothing at the time of induction. So at first I thought everything was going perfect and then it got so bad, I shitted everything I had in my body out in 30 minutes, my feet were so hot, shakes so bad. I forced myself in the shower. When I got out I was still horrible. So I assume oh shit precipitated I didnt wait long enough. The thing is now its 4:11pm two hours since induction and I feel much much better. The main thing I notice is the desire to score is just about gone.

Im confused as to why I felt so bad at first and then it went away, does induction always do that?
did I go through precipitated and it only lasted two hours? Suboxone is such a weird drug

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 7:40 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Definitely sounds like PWs to me. My precipitated withdrawals lasted longer but I had been on methadone which is longer acting. It's not so strange that you experienced short term PWs and then felt better, especially because you're coming from short acting opiates and your last dose was so minimal. The oxy must have still been in your system from the previous high doses..