It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:34 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Not sure?
PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 9:24 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Hey everyone! Today is my fourth day at 2.5 mgs and it's been the very best day.. Yesterday was the only day I really had discomfort but I had forgotten to take my clonodine an I think that is the only reason I even had any trouble. Soooo I'm not sure but how do you really know if your body has adjusted and stabelized at your recent dose? I would say I've done well this week and even though I have a ways to go I am thinking that come Sunday I can go down to two mgs. I would just like to know opinions... I want to do this right and I find myself growing impatient at times because I'm ready to be done but when I'm withdrawling I know I will have wished I would of taken my time with this process. I am going to pick up some vitamins tomorrow and I also have been making myself take jogs at night. I do alot around my house and I work full time so there isn't much down time but I am tired and my back is killing me. I did so well with the half mg reduction this week, well I think I have that i feel like I'm ready for sunday to go down some more.. I am just curious what everyone thinks? I heard this song today and it was so amazing.. I wanted to share because it def. started me off on the right track today.

Cry out to Jesus By Third Day

For the ones who can't break the addictions and chains, Try to give up but you crawl back again.. Just remember that your not alone in your shame and your suffering.. There is hope for the helpless rest for the weary love for the broken hearts, there is grace and forgiveness mercy and healing he will meet you where ever you are..

This was my favorite lyric !!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 11:43 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey BrighterDays,

Today is your 4th day on your new dose and you still feel fine....I'd say you'd be good dropping your dose by Sunday, if you're still feeling ok.

Also, you can drop your dose Sunday and if you start feeling crappy, up your dose back to 2.5mg for 1 or 2 days, then back to 2mg for a couple of days and kinda see-saw back and forth until you stabilize at 2mg's. We've had many people use this method and it seems to work pretty well. Just another option for ya if ya need it.

BTW, I love those song lyrics. Had I heard that during my wd, I would have probably broke down and cried like a baby!! :oops:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 1:19 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey Brighty,

It sounds like you are doing well with your taper. Romeo gave you some good advice on tapering...to keep from repeating it I'll just say I agree with him. I will add that when I finally started taking my tapering seriously I had a pretty easy time until I got to 1.75mg. After I adjusted there it was smooth sailing again until I reached 1mg. I am camped out here for a little bit longer, but I think I am ready for my next drop within the next few days. My Dr. appt is in the morning so I'm going to go and see what he thinks.

You mentioned Third Day...They are one of my favorite Contemporary Christian bands. Don't you think the lead singer sounds like Eddie Vedder from Pearl Jam? Please excuse me if I spelled his name wrong, I didn't want to bother to look it up. Their music has ministered to me through alot these past few years. If I think about it tomorrow I will try to post a few more songs that I like that are in that same genre.

Keep chugging girl!

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 10:46 am 
One Month or More
One Month or More

I am SO glad you guys liked the lyrics!! If you get a chance Romeo you should totally listen to it.. The lyrics are amazing but how he sings it will bring chills! I cried like a baby but it was such an emotional fill your heart and goose bumpy cry! :) Than this morning.. I played it four times lol! That is a great idea Romeo! I will do that most def. than! I think I am just waiting for it to get really hard and each day I wake up besides some interuppted sleep I am OK. Thankful for that! qhorse- I DO think they sound the same! I love it!! It is so inspiring to listen to and can turn my day right around in an instant.. 1 MG? FANTASTIC! Your on your way!!! I am worried because all I have to work with is eight mg. films so I may have to break down and go pay a crap load of money to get some 2 mgs. subs so I can taper as low as possible. Well Happy Friday Guys! Thanks for replying!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 11:53 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I checked out that song, but it's just not my cup of tea. I'm more of an AC/DC--Highway to Hell kinda guy!! 8)

About cutting your strip into smaller pieces, most people do end up going to 2mg strips, but we've had some who cut the 8mg strip on a cutting board with an exacto knife and they use tweezers to pick up the small piece of strip. It may sound a bit extreme, but apparently it's pretty effective.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 12:33 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

LOL! I totally understand that! :) What a great idea! Now.. I just need to find where to buy an exacto knife! LOL! I bought my vitamins today! YAY!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 3:55 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Nice! I would realy go slow ur gunna feel better before your realy truely adjusted to the new doses.... lower you get the slower you should go I would spend at least a month at each reduction...I think it's good to be prompt in when you get off but to go slow when you taper I think it will realy reduce the overal pain when you jump if you realy settle into each reduction...I went to fast and 6 months later I was still hurting.......

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 9:35 am 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Thanks Semperfi! I know what your say'n, At this point I am trying to decide wether or not to go to the dr. one more time because I will run out before my taper is complete and will only have about a week to go through each reduction. It is a hard decision to make for me because I cannot stand my dr... I bought the vitamins that you listed and was super excited to start them! Idk how long they take to get into your system but I'm hoping that by the time I get to where I am about to jumo they will be there full force. I noticed with one of them it say to consult the dr. if you are taking anti depressants. I haven't started yet but I need to soon so I am not sure if I will be able to do both or not.

Post subject: Hmm...
PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 1:13 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

So today is my first day tapering down to 2.25 mgs... The reason I have decided to only go down .25 is because for some reason this week hasn't went so well... I can feel w/d and I am starting to think that I wasn't exactly adjusted like I thought I was? Maybe that's what happend to you Semperfi? I have had horribly watery eyes and achy legs but my dose in the mornings have been the same for over a week. So I'm still taking it down a notch but not by much. I have to feel like I am getting somewhere ya know? Ugh.. How so Un fun this is!