It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 2:17 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 5:35 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

This is one thing, that my fiance is worried about... that he will say okay and try to take the subs and that he will be in pain all the time.. this is how he started over-taking in the first place. Now he doesn't want to be with out his opiates for fear of pain. He has arthritis, and some nerve damage in his hand and possibly his back. will the subs help with this? (I don't know because when I quit meth, it was a bit different.) Thank You All Again!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:34 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hello. I can't tell you how the sub will work for pain in this situation, but I can tell you that the sub does wonders for my chronic fibromyalgia pain. In fact, it works much better than 300-400 mg. of Oxy did. Unfortunately sub will effect everyone differently, but I am so grateful for what sub therapy has done for me. I would certainly at least try the suboxone. I was to the point that I would rather live in pain than chasing opiates when I inducted, but was pleasantly surprised and thankful when I realized that my fibro pain was well managed. I hope that helped.

CRYS

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 1:18 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I take 4mg 4x per day for my chronic pain and it works outstanding. It has to be small dosages every four hours because that is the duration of its pain relieving properties. It supresses cravings for much longer but for pain, every four hours. Also get tablets cuz the films and zubsolv dont do anything for pain at least for me. I recommend the actavis generic.

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 5:27 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I was on suboxone for 5.5 years (just went off this past June) and I also took it for chronic pain (for severe fibromyalgia). I knew it helped, but I didn't know just how much it helped until I went off of it, because boy did my pain come flooding back.

Addicts taking regular pain meds for the second (or more) time is a bad road indeed, in my opinion. It's the same old road with the same old consequences.

I know everyone is different, but I'd venture to guess that it's helping the pain more than realized. Just my humble opinion. Good luck.

Oh and the rest of the replies you got were excellent, so this is all I'll say.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2014 5:03 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I too have fibromyalgia and I can tell you that for me, the suboxone was far more useful in treating chronic pain than oxy was. I think it's overall a better choice for over the long-term treatment as full-agonist opiates can lose their effects once tolerance is developed. I've never felt better than I do now being on sub, and I'm definitely healthier and more stable than I was on painkillers. A lot of people here can empathize with chronic pain and needing to take something for it, so a lot of us can draw that comparison between pills and sub.