It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 12:19 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:33 am 
New Poster
New Poster

im wondering what i need to do to not feel horrible effects comming off suboxone.. been on it for a while (years) im down to 2mg but only have 5 8mg strips left.. could u please give me a taper schedule i should do with the ammount i have left??? I simply can't afford the 300$ a month of id stay on it.. plus i have very severe paryurisis so when every month tryin to pee in front of them is a disaster and im there for hours.. I need your .. plz respond a taper schedule for me

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:57 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

You definitely can do this! You are very smart to have 5 saved. This is totally enough!
Here is what I recommend:

(I am by FAR not the most experienced person here but I know that a similar taper worked for me)

Each number is the dose you should have for 1 day:

You will have 5.88 mg left to taper to a smaller dose than the .3 or, instead of staying at a particular dose for 4 days, maybe you will need a 5th day at the same dose here and there. Or, if your cutting isn't so great, like mine -- then you've got some extra mg for uneven cutting. I cut the doses into 3 little doses per day at first, then later made it into only 2 doses per day, and with those tiny doses I would cut the squares into 2 triangles -- that made it a little easier to cut -- cutting diagonally rather than down the middle.

Now, for me, if anything, the first 2 drops were the hardest. Perhaps you could use your safety 5.88 mg to make initial steps smaller. But, what worked for me, is what I have posted.

Good luck

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:25 am 
New Poster
New Poster

thanks ill do this exact thing starting tomorrow.. i already took my 2mg dose today... ill be taking the dose all at once right when i wake up.. ive always taken my suboxone the second i wake up in 1 dose..

my question is how can i tell how to get a 1.3mg piece off of a 8mg strip.. how on earth would i cut that.. I can understand 1mg ill just fold my 2mg piece in half and cut right down that line.

i think i can do this too =).. your encouraging words are amazing to me... and listen to this... 8 days ago I was taking 8mg a day and now im on 2mg and I felt nothing while dropping.. now on 2mg i still dont feel bad.

P.S.- ive been on suboxone for a long long time, 6 years! now if ive been on 8mg suboxone for 6 years and was able to drop 6mg in 8 days and not get sick then i believe anyone can get off of it as well.

and i messed up i just counted my strips and i only have 4 whole 8mg and a half of one so... 4 1/2 8mg strips but ill make it work with your taper schedule.. today is day 2 on 2mg and i feel fine

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:40 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

HOLY shit you went down that fast?? You've got this in the bag! Determination is Number One Priority with this. And you've got that down pat. For the 1.3 doses... I believe what I did, was I said 1.3 x 4= 5.2 mg. I made it about 5 mg. Then, I took an 8 mg strip and folded it in half. Then, I unfolded it and then folded one end of it to the original fold in the middle. Then, you can see the marks make up a 4 mg piece and two 2 mg pieces. Next, it is time to cut. Cut in between the middle fold and the 2nd fold you made, and you've got 5 mg (i suppose you could try to make a little bigger to make up the extra .2). Then, cut that 5 mg (or 5.2 mg) piece into 4 pieces and you've got your next 4 days' doses.

Or, if you want to do 1.3 for only 3 days, you do 1.3 x 3 = 3.9 or, about 4 mg. Then you just cut a 4 mg piece into 3 pieces, and you've got 3 pieces that are about 1.3 mg each.

This multiplication trick helped me quite a bit for all other doses

Oh yeah... and if you are good with dropping doses quickly, I recommend trying to drop every 3 days instead of every 4 days. Now I don't know what this will be doing to your body medically... I don't know about plasma levels or w/e... but I do know that it seems that if you can get through day 3 on your new dose you should be good.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:05 am 
New Poster
New Poster

well i got my last refill which was 10 8mg strips and knew i hada get off of it with that amount so yea i dropped that fast ... im sweating a little bit but that is all..no aches no stomach problems...

im gonna take 2mg 1 more time tomorrow so thatd be 3 days on 2mg... i know this may not be kosher to alot of people but one thing that has helped me is high quality marijuana, frown at that if you must but it helped me sleep and eat and smile.. smiling isnt usually something that happens when tapering =p... im good to go.. ive got willpower this time and hopefully 30 days from now ill be off the pharmacopia bandwagon, im sick of relying on synthetic pills to make me normal.. i want to be natural again.. and feel clear headed like i did when i was 10 years old..

i could keep my weiner hard during sex while on suboxone either (not trying to be hilarious) but im a 26 year old guy and sexual side effects are not something im a fan of.. since dropping to 2mg that problem has vanished into thin air

Post subject: LOL
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:20 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

That made me laugh, the last thing you posted. I guess the way you worded it.

Anyhow, welcome! Your story about length on Sub & daily dose is so similiar to my story.

I too was on Subs for 6 years, taking 8 mgs every day. I'd maybe go to 6 mgs for a month or two, but 8 was my average. Then in May I said f*%k it, had my last 10 8 mg tabs, and decided to taper. Did a super fast taper, about 2 months. My last dose of Sub was 7/4/12, and haven't looked back. The first 2 weeks were tough for me, but not as bad as I thought they'd be. W/d always scared the hell out of me, but when you finally make up your mind to stop, and really want it, you can do it!

I am not sure about a taper sched, the above by Invisiblemovement, looks good. My taper was very unorthodox, but worked for me. Just try to take as low a dose as you can for the day, then hold out the next day for as long as you can before taking your Sub. I jumped at .5 mgs, and after being on a high dose for 6 years, thought my w/d would seriously suck. But it didn't!
I am almost back to feeling 100%.

You can do it! Keep a positive attitude, sounds so cliche, I know. But for me, it totally worked, is still working.