It is currently Sat Feb 24, 2018 4:00 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 5:50 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

. Not getting all the bioavailability? So many people are doing it wrong not doing it right... what I mean is talking while it's in your mouth drinking smoking swallowing it too soon

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:08 am 
New Poster
New Poster

Would you mind sharing your exact process? Sometimes I feel that I don't get all the bio availability, but I don't know if it's in my head or not. I switch between taking it in my cheek and under my tongue. Unfortunately it takes approximately 30 MINUTES for it to fully dissolve. I do not talk, chew, or open my mouth. Almost everyone I talk to think it's crazy that it take so long to dissolve. I just can't figure out if I'm doing anything wrong or not. Thanks for your time!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:50 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hello ATX.
I used to put it under my tongue, but i felt like it dissolved too quickly due to saliva build up. So... now i place it in my upper lip. I feel like it stays drier there and stays in place. I leave it in for about 30 min . and go about my day. Do i talk with it in?, YES. Actually most days, I usually forget that its in there.

To be honest, I can't really tell a difference between the days i placed it under my tongue or my upper lip. It feels the same. So that being said, i wouldn't get too hung up on medication placement.

how do you feel while on the medication? How long have you been on it? The Reason why i ask, is over time, the Bup builds up in your system and it really overlaps your dosing, so once you reach the Ceiling effect (maximum dose) you really can't tell a difference from day to day of dosing

Hope that helps you!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:29 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

The last comment is pretty correct about the ceiling effect you can also skip a couple days in between which helps give you an nice pick me up. But as far as the way I do it there's a few ways most importantly drink a lot a big glass of water and swish it around so the underneath of your tongue is wet. First thing in the morning get in the shower so that you don't talk or have a cigarette or drink or eat get right in the shower for 20 minutes put it in there and forget about it. Or I used to like to set my alarm for 5 in the morning put it under my tongue and go back to sleep. Or stand in the mirror with my tongue on the roof of my mouth and literally watch it dissolve so that I know it worked. Your other options are dissolved in water and sniff it or get the pill form and sniff it or just injected but apparently the doctors frown upon that

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:31 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

If you're going to put it in your cheek or upper lip there's a new one you can get from your doctor I forget the name it's not recommended to do it that way unless you get the patch one

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:32 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I forgot to mention look in the mirror and make sure that you're hitting that big fat blue Vein on your tongue