It is currently Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:09 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2016 5:09 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Amy, what a wonderful thing you did volunteering your time to take care of children of addicted parents going through treatment. You must live where there is a lot of treatment going on. I don't know where in the world around here to find such a place. But when I get my drivers License back, I think I'll try volunteering at my grandmothers nursing home. There are a lot of those around here. I am going to look on line tonight and see what I can find out about on line SMART meeting. And google SMART meetings and see what all I can find out about them. I love the sound of those. They are actually the opposite of the 12 step meetings in a way. I love that they accept treatment with meds, Suboxone and other meds of the type. Thank you Amy for the private messages and I really want to get the workbook and handbook after the first. I hope that will be doable for you what I talked about in the private message. I think I'll start a new thread about anything that some people with some clean time can recommend someone like me starting out in recovery and during the first year. Like I said, I've been clean as in not using any substances what so ever for 6 months, but I haven't done any work to stay clean, and deal with life in general as someone addicted to pain pills, and being treated with Suboxone. Now how about that! Here we are talking about how great the SMART meetings are going to be on a thread that states, "Not everyone needs meetings" No mater how long we go without using, we still act like an addict, closed minded and mean as I did, until we learn a new way. Makes me think, no KNOW, I could benefit from shutting up and listening, and maybe, no definitely some meetings. LOL love ya Amy. Angie