It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:50 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: not Drs fault
PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:20 pm 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

Hi All,
Just have to finally say something. I keep reading posts from people slagging Drs and pharm companies. Saying all the Dr is interested in is the monthly fee and the pharm company purposely addicts us to get our $. This is so out of order. Harden the f up. The reason we found ourselves in the drs office begging for help was because we tried 100's of times to stop ourselves but couldn't. It just went on and on...and on.
The Drs are providing a service and have every right to charge for it. I dont expect a plumber to do free work for me etc, every time i do have a plumber over i get charged way more than any Drs fee ive had.

I certainly wouldn't turn up for work and run my business if i wasn't getting money for doing it. The drs have had to train for years and years so charge accordingly. We have no problem spending triple the amount on using. Prob more like 10 x the amount. But to get a decent life back we bitch and moan about paying for the help.

This isnt to say there are not bad drs. Just like any profession. I do understand that the fees do seem high in the US.. they may not know every nuance of sub and then our particular situation with it. But most are doing their best to help us. They are human, like us.

There is no evil conspiracy with pharm companies either. They are in business to make money. They have tried to provide medications that genuinely help us. Its not a perfect world. They make them because we want them!
Imagine where most of us would be without methadone or sub. Still using and f..ing around with no hope for a life. We forget we actually could not stop. This is what lead us into the dr. A lot can stop without treatment. But i sure couldn't. Always was planning on tomorrow or next week. 20 years later now.
If we want to, we can just not take it. We are not being forced to. I finally stopped sub almost 2 months ago.
Btw, im not a Dr. Peace everyone.

Post subject: Re: not Drs fault
PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:14 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

c1234 wrote:
Harden the f up.

I know, right? There are so many times I'd like to say this but I just bite my tongue. :D

Post subject: Re: not Drs fault
PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:44 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I agree, our doctors and the Pharm companies who make our meds have every right to make a profit and to do what they need to, within the law, to protect those profits. I think it's called capitalism? :wink:

No system is perfect, but I'll take capitalism over the other choices any day.