It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:19 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:22 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I recently moved to Phoenix, Arizona from Austin, Texas and found a new doctor. At first, I was nervous and apprehensive since doctors have a lot of varied opinions where it comes to Suboxone and I didn't want to be stuck with a doctor who wanted to kick me off in a few months. Well, aside from the waiting time for my new doctor (An hour plus everytime) I really like him. He agrees with longterm bupe maintenance and has a lady who has been on Subs for three years and two babies. Also, the prices were fair (85 an appointment, now 95) for uninsured patients. Well, everything has been fine till the last visit really. First of all, I'm on the patient assistance program and I get 60 pills a month. Well, this last time instead of the doctors getting me the pills the Nurse did (his wife) and only gave me 30 saying they messed up with the forms somehow and it will be fixed next time. So, for the other 30 they gave me a script. So, there is 130 dollars right there (Generic Subutext). Then, they also gave me a UA (Piss test). I don't mind they gave me a UA since I'm clean but I do mind that I was never informed in the beginning about random UA's and the fact I have to pay 30 dollars for one since they are sending it to a lab instead of just using a much cheaper take home test. So, in a nutshell in one week they bump up the price 10 dollars per an appointment, mess up with my forms which in the end hurts me in the sum of 130 dollars, give me a UA which I was never made aware of or given a form to sign which cost 30 dollars and the CHERRY ON TOP IS EVERY TIME I GO THERE I HAVE TO WAIT AN HOUR TO TWO HOURS TO EVEN SEE THE DOCTOR. I swear, if it wasn't for how great the doctor is and what a pain it is to change doctors (and the price of an initial appointment) I would be taking my business else where. I love paying a total of 160 dollars for basically there mistake.

Also, next time they said they need to do a pill check...Which doesn't make sense since I go there every thirty days which means I'll be out by the time I walk into the doctor's office.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 7:25 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

That definitely sucks! I had the same problem with my last doctor. At first he said he didn't do UA's (I don't really care) and then about 6 months in he reads this thing that says he has to do 8 a year. No problem, but he was charging an extra $40 for the in house dipstick test. Fine. (I think the tests that pick up sub are a bit spendy). I was paying $135 per month for appt plus $40 for a test. He was doing way more than 8 tests per year. I had tested clean for 2 1/2 years. Give me a BREAK! He had a long wait also. Sometimes over an hour mid day which meant I had to make up all of that time and stay late at work. VERY annoying. BUT....he liked me so he would often pull me back as soon as I walked in too....even though other people were waiting. I am sure that pissed them off. Oh...and pill counts every single time. Totally stupid since I would be seen ever 28 days and the doc never gave me more than enough for 28 days (most of the time). So that was stupid too. When I went to get my medical records from him, he charged me what? $120 or something like that? Outrageous.

My new doc is much better. She is on time. She charged $150 per month PERIOD and does all of my healthcare for that price. Her UA cups are way too tiny....but I can deal with that. At least she isn't financially raping me every time I go in.

Cherie