It is currently Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:01 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 2:35 pm 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

Hey Tiki.
Ive lost track of where im at. Either 5 or 6 weeks, may be 7. Or 50 days? Looks like i joined site 07 aug. This was just after i stopped. I think. . Could work it out i guess. Sleep now returned to normal. Having full 7hrs of pure sleep each night. Was sleeping before but would wake here and there, toss around a bit then go back to sleep. No more tossing now.

Looking back it was definitely over by day 6 or 7 with real improvements starting day 12. Dont forget i jumped quite high at 0.5. I reckon it was more like 0.75 as i was sneaking a little 0.25 topup every 3 days or so. Either way from evidence it doesn't seem to make too much of a difference.

Dont believe too much on what you read on the web about the horror stories i suspect a lot of people on the other sites posting either haven't actually stopped for real or are just repeating stuff their friend has told them. I'm sure that there are bad stories jumping off above 2mg but even these are not so bad. Just my guess.
I consider myself a hardcore opiate user for 20 years, so if i didnt have too much trouble jumping then noone really should. I'm pretty fit and healthy otherwise though. I'm sure this played a role.

Once relatively stable at 0.5 or near and you notice your pupils getting a bit larger then there is very little sub in your system. There will be some mild wd when stopping as there will be a small buildup still in the system.
Nobody should be freaked out about this. Just prepare and expect a week of being 50%.
Also, Django3000 has had an ok time of stopping now as well. He was the same as us. Freaked out about what was giing to happen.
I think his thread is 'last 0.125 dose, need advice ' . In stopping suboxone section
Also karen (brown eyed girl) also done it. You will notice her last 2 pages of posts now dont even mention sub or wd. This goes to show how it does leave us and the obsession about symptoms goes away and we start to have comfortable, normal lives again.

I thought i felt pretty good on sub. Now realise each day was a bit of a rollercoaster with physical iffiness and frustration etc. Things much more stable and calm now.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 2:19 pm 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

Short update. At approx 3.5 months now. All great. Finally not getting the touch of tiredness mid morning. No cravings at all. Didnt really expect them though.
Its a bit weird going through my old post. Feel like someone else was writing it.
May try and update in 6 months or so.
Just enjoying a comfortable existence.
C.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 9:24 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Merry Christmas c1234. How are you feeling these days? Is there any protracted withdrawal ?

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 2:28 pm 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

Hi duckman. I just decided to check site and saw my old post with you query.
Im doing absolutely great. Feel really good all the time. I can say now i was probably 90% from month 1 to 3. I sort of convinced myself i was 100% but now i realise i wasnt quite perfect. coming off 15 years use i felt fantastic though. Dont get me wrong. I would take the 90% any day and would of been ok to stay like that. Now i can honestly say i am. I think im at 5 months or maybe more.
Weird thing is now ive been diagnosed with sleep aponea. This is the reason i am getting tired in middle of day. Dentist just got me fitted for a $2000 mouth guard!
It better work. Also bloody eyesight getting bad from approx 5 months ago. Squinting at paper at coffee shop. Neither of these things seemed to be an issue before coming off. Ha ha.
Merry Christmas duckman, c.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 3:06 pm 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

Hi all. Just a short note. Its now been a year. When i look back at old post it seems a million years ago.
All great. I reckon i really started to sleep properly and with real comfort at about 6 months or so. Also the tiredness and groggy feeling i was getting mid mornings stopped at about 8 months. Neither were a real prob, just annoying.
Wish i had of done it 10 years ago.
So good to live without being on a timer for feeling ok or bad. Just good all the time. Cheers everyone. C.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 3:21 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Congratulations on 1 year, c1234!!!!

Thanks for coming back and updating us. It's always nice to hear from you.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 7:50 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

c1234 wrote:
Hi all. Just a short note. Its now been a year. When i look back at old post it seems a million years ago.
All great. I reckon i really started to sleep properly and with real comfort at about 6 months or so. Also the tiredness and groggy feeling i was getting mid mornings stopped at about 8 months. Neither were a real prob, just annoying.
Wish i had of done it 10 years ago.
So good to live without being on a timer for feeling ok or bad. Just good all the time. Cheers everyone. C.

Hi there c1234! Congrats on 1 year and yes, thank you for coming back and letting us know that life for you is great!!
Question though....6 months before you slept with real comfort? Do you know, (or does anyone know), is this "normal" or 'average'?
I am about a month off subs, and was looking on line for some research as to how long the insomnia lasts because my husband is starting to get "angry" with me for getting up so early (between 3-5am usually), like I WANT to not sleep or something (very frustrating), and I wanted to show his some scientific "data' to prove the insomnia is still part of my wdls.
thanks again for the post!
:D BF

Mahatma Gandhi

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:19 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

BF, I have no issues with sleep and its only 2 monthsfor me. I sleep like a baby and I ddon't use any otc sleep stuff so it might be dependent on the person. I actually sleep better than I have in years!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 3:02 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hi c.
Just read your whole thread. Thanks - really interesting to hear the whole story like this, especially a nice positive story as I will be stopping very soooooon myself :D

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 4:12 pm 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

Re sleep, no evidence re being a prob but from most i read on this forum from people who are at various stages of stopping it does seem problem. I went through a stage for the first couple of months where i would just wake up at 2am and could not get back to sleep. This would then make me tired and crappy through the day.
It was all manageable. As wd had stopped long ago. Tiredness and such is such not a big deal after spending 2 years on a taper etc.
Looking back the first week of stopping really wasnt that bad.
The panic i had for what i thought may happen was the worse. It just wasnt as bad as i had worked myself up for.
What i mean by 'real comfort ' was that i was sleeping ok, just lightly and moving around a bit. Getting 6/7 hrs. Then at abiut 6 months i noticed i was feeling a deep lovely comfort in bed whule sleeping. Where i was very content and didny want to get up. Before this i was always happy to get up as almost a bit sick of light sleep and tossing around a bit.
If that kind of makes sense?
This was about the only long term issue for me.
C.