It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:50 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Not Angry
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 5:11 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Saboxone saved my live, I am 58, was strung out on herion at 19. I lost a husband in Nam in 1969 and had a 2 mo. old baby boy. I got clean by cold turkey, 6 days of hell was clean for 20 years .Slipped in 2000 lost my mother and best friend within a year of each other, I got a bad case of the shingles, painful as hell Dr. put me on Oxycontin for 6 years. One day my Dr said that there was a problem that Oxycontin it was addictive and I needed to get off of it . I got on Methadone another 6 years. I heared from a friend,bless her heart about this new drug called Saboxone. It does not get you high, it gave me back my life, a quality of life that is lost when we are not living in recovery. I have alot of old injuries, my brain no longer makes dopamine, Saboxone works for me. I belive in stablazation. You have to want and fight for your recovery, I's different for all of us as each snowflake is different. Fight the good fight you are worth it and have so much to live for!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 5:50 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi thore - Thank you so much for sharing your story with us. It's always good to hear from more people who have gotten their lives back through Suboxone and recovery. And your husband's story does go to show that we are all different. Some of us need Suboxone for the long-term, some do well tapering off after a year or two, and still others use Sub as a short-term tool to help them get off opiates.

I think my brain is messed up too and doesn't make enough dopamine. This is just speculation on my part, but I think it might be true. I'm tapering off Sub now, but I'm also on Wellbutrin which helps with dopamine, so we'll see how it goes. So far, so good anyway.

I hope you'll stick around and become part of the community here. We have lots of people post who are new and afraid and have lots of questions, so it's always good to have more people around who know the ropes and can share positive experiences with others. And you never know when you might need someone too!

-Jack Kornfield

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 1:43 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Anger may arise when actual experience or present thinking does not conform to expectation, and where that expectation is important and has consequence. I think that it is a completely normal, usually healthy, human emotion, but when it gets out of control and turns destructive, it can lead to problems like problems at work, in your personal relationships and many more, so I think that any one should not anger.