It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:20 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: it's not all in my head
PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:16 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Hi all. I wrote a post about Roxane buprenorphine not working. I had a feeling it was a bad batch, today I'm sure of it. On my new refill even, I noticed some aren't right. On Tuesday my dose was fine, yesterday didn't seem to work, and today was fine. The tablets on the days that it worked were hard and bitter, the bad days they were soft and tasteless. And after dosing with the bitter tablets I feel like I took too much. my problem is that when it doesn't work I end up taking more and have to fill quicker. I also wasted hard earned cash on these non working tablets. I did mention this to the pharmacist, I've been there for over two years with no problems. Other people in my area had to have problems too, I went through hell for an entire week in withdrawals.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:44 pm 

That sucks! Is there no way to get the name brand? I suggest you also call or email the manufacturer and complain. Ask the pharmacist what the best course of action would be effective.

It seems like all I've read so far regarding generic Buprenorphine is negative. For a drug that is so important you'd think there would be some kind of oversight. The drug itself is not new, just the pills are.

r

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 7:56 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Thank you for responding rule, it took me a week to figure out what was wrong with me. That refill it was all had, this one some are good. I did email the company, but note I have to fill sooner again I don't want my pharmacist to think I'm being shady

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 11:29 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Sorry you got a bad batch but I just wanted to say that there is nothing wrong with generic buprenorphine as a whole despite this bad batch in question. Ive been on it for 3 1/2 years, same kind as mentioned in this thread roxanne brand and its better than brand name suboxone film or tablets to me in every way. When I switched from the film I was on 6mgs of film a day and within the first week I was taking only 3mgs of the roxanne subutex because it worked so much better. They like to say the naloxone wont get into your system unless Iv'd blah blah blah but its BS, if that were true they wouldn't have naloxone atomzizers for squirting up a persons nose. These pills unless exposed to moisture/heat/light will stay effective pretty much forever. I found an old bottle with about 14 8mgs in it that I somehow misplaced not long ago from 2012 and yes they were a little soft but I used them and they worked just as good for the entire month I took them. In fact with subs its almost impossible to tell if its working or not unless you go into actual withdrawal because if anyones like me you dont "feel" your dose anyway. A sure sign that subs are working when you can't tell is if you still suffer from bad constipation, if that doesn't go away then obviously the sub is doing something.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 4:47 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

I've been taking this brand for almost four years now. Never had problems til now. Again, even the taste is different. I heard back from the company asking me to fill out forms, I'm going through with this