It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 3:11 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: I am NOT an addict!
PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:45 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Just to let you all know I AM NOT AN ADDICT. I have an issue with codeine, a big issue but i like to call this 'my arse fall on that slide n it kept sliding from there now its hit the bottom the only way is up n suboxone is helping. So i am not an adult anyway good to meet you all n lhope ww'll all get along great.

Evey xxx

Don't one day, SAY TODAY!
There is always a solution to the problem

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:08 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi Evey,

I'm not quite sure what the point of this message is. Why did you feel the need to come on a forum full of addicts and proclaim that you are NOT an addict, although you previously stated that you have an addiction to codeine and are currently in treatment for it?

It's hard to make this response come across in the way it is intended. I'm sure it sounds a bit snarky, but I only mean to make you look at your statement. Your recovery cannot begin until you truly look at what is going on in your life. You have to accept it, if in fact you are an addict, before you are going to be able to move past it.

I understand that you might believe that since your addiction was to a mild substance like codeine you might not be "quite as bad" as most of us here. I can assure you that left unchecked that little bit of denial can spiral out of control very quickly and you can wind up in a place that you would never dream you could go.

I hope you understand that I am saying this only out of concern for you, I just know how hard it is to accept addiction, and how desperately your addiction wants you to deny the hold it has over you.

Best of luck in your recovery.

Q

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 4:34 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Good luck with that.

Codeine is still an opiate. No matter if you take that or oxys or whatever, it's all the same. Meaning that... You can't just stop taking the codeine on your own.

Nobody is any better or worse in this addiction. We are all addicts. And. Like horse said... Somewhat... If you need to come here and post about how bad you aren't an addict.... Only shows how much you are IMHO.

You already posted before about addict behavior. But. I think maybe you realized some things about yourself at some point and had to post this for yourself to stay convinced that you're okay.

Denial is rough.

Wish you the best!

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:36 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Hiya Everyone,

Thank you to those of you who have replied to this n sorry if I have offended anyone.

I'm not in denial. I know I've an addiction n I'm sorting that with soboxone n theeapy or whatever it's called, wih my key worker.
I just don't like the 'addict' label. I have said this in previous forums n they have ended up hated me n ignoring me until I was banned.

All I wanted waa support n people to care about me n help me. But they wouldn't have it - said I thought I was better because I won't use the 'addict' label. I swear to God I would NEVER offend anyone intentionally. I care for everyone n I really care for addicts. So please don't hate me, ok?!

Please take care everyone,
Hugs,
Evey xxxxx

Post subject: No one cares..
PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:29 pm 

If you don't want to label yourself, no one here will care. You can call it a chemical dependency if you prefer. I do find it odd that a forum would ban you just because you won't say certain words.

You will find support here. No one here is banned unless they break the rules or act like a flaming troll telling everyone they are wrong on whatever subject. We encourage free speech as long as the member has manners and doesn't insult the whole forum.

Welcome here!

Rule

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:17 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

No worries Evey, I'm not offended. I just don't understand your reasoning, that's ok though. You will find support here, whatever you choose to call your problems.

Q

Post subject: Re: I am NOT an addict!
PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 8:55 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Thanks q. That was a lovely comment you put. Everyone is so lovely n supportive here. I guess I am one too. Anything that makes me feel great I want MORE OF!!!!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 11:06 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Your not an addict obviously what you are is in denial but hey man more power to you if you think your way works then let me ask you this what would your life look like in ten years? Kid? Wife? Teeth ? Job? Money? Or home? Would you still have one? What do you do when feeling good becomes more important than these other things in life? What do you do than choose feeling good over your life your family your job? I don't care if you call it a disease an addiction a habit or trickery really but if you can see that feeling good is more important than anything I listed above then I call it a problem. Sorry to be brash.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 1:14 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

It's alright to be labeled an addict. Everyone here is or has been an addict at one point. Me I'm a recovering oxy addict. No one here is going to judge you or bash on you for it. We're all here to help each other get threw this terrible disease we all suffer from.

I wish you good luck with your recovery. It's not easy but you can do it. Just take it one day at a time.

-Andy

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 5:40 pm 

Hi Andy,

We probably should have deleted this thread but normally we don't like to do that. The original author of this topic has been banned so she won't be able to post back. Just a FYI

Welcome here!

rule

P.S. The reasons for banning someone are normally confidential. If you were here at the time, you'd know.