It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:49 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Noobie in NC
PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:32 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Just wanted to say hey!......I have struggled with opiate addiction for the past 10 years and it has done nothing but get worse and worse!....I have finally decided to give the meds a try and get cleaned up with some help this time instead of going it alone.and all that comes with that!.I am goin to Intake tomorrow morning at 11 am!

I have been using oxycontin,percs and vicodins on a heavy schedule for the last 10 years........recently taking 10-15-20 a day, chewing em........except for the oxy......I would usually suck on them like candy and nibble at them a lil!..I was always scared of the overdose!.....20mg'ers.......along with percs as a booster

I dont know what is in store for me with sub,.but I know I dont wanna go through WD cold turkey anymore.
And if this med can help me stay off the crap pills.I'm all for it!.......I get them off the street and spend thousands!.it has destroyed my life so far...........and I am ready to beat the shit outta this addiction and get onto a better life with a clear mind!!..........I am nervous and worried......as i have dealt with anxiety issues for the last few years but was never medicated for that through a Doctor!......So I guess I would self medicate!.........anyway............I am gonna go clean up my house and check back later.....I wanna get things organized and straightened up so the messy house(bachelor pad).haha....does not add to the depression that usually kicks me in the nuts when I try and kick!.......................
Wish me luck and pray for me peeps!!.......I hope this will be my ticket out of this addiction.along with therapy and meetings of course!...........................................Ghostrider!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 4:07 pm 
Hi Ghost rider and welcome. Good for you making the decision to take control of you addiction and get into medicine assisted recovery. I think most of us were a little nervous before induction, I know I was. The important thing is to follow the docs instructions and be in moderate withdrawal when you get to your appointment. I think you'll find that you come out of that appointment feeling pretty decent. I, too, had experienced depression when trying to quit on my own, but I didn't go through that when I got on Sub. I wish you the best of luck and I hope you'll come back to let us know how it went.
Lilly

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:24 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

thanks Lilly, for the welcome and the support!.....It is now a lil after 6pm and I just said goodbye to my demon by chewing up 3 7.5m percocets and chasing them with a lil milk!...........those were the last ones I had!...my intake is tomorrow at 11am........hopefully I will be well into the withdrals enough to not go through PWD's!
So I have dove off the diving board into the darkness(unknown) :lol: :cry:

SO again..please wish me luck people!........I am already experiencing a lil anxiety and slight panic attacks!.....I have had them before and they suck ass!.........I am trying to prepare myself for the fight!.......hopefully I will def feel better after my first dose tomorrow!...........scared but with direction.......................ghostrider!

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 8:59 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Welcome ghost rider - we're glad you found the forum. I hope it can be as important to your recovery as it is to mine. I think being nervous is completely natural. Like Lilly said, just make sure to be in moderate w/d so as to avoid those nasty P/W's. Kudos to you for grabbing the bull by the horns and getting into recovery. I wish you well. Good luck and keep us posted.
Again, welcome to the forum and to your upcoming addiction remission!

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:05 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Ghost...
Welcome to the forum....I wish you would have taken those earlier........as usually you should be in w/d for about 24 hours before inducement.....I live in Charlotte...if you want to talk or know more about suboxone....PM me. Thanks.

Jim

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:25 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

thankyou Hatmaker and ReRaise for the welcome and words of encouragement!.......much appreciated!

Question......so you think I will not be in WD far enough by the time I am medicated tomorrow?.........the doctor told me that I would be filling out paperwork and stuff for a while before I was dosed!......I am not sure how exactly this clinic works,.but maybe I should wait to take the first dose in the evening?.........I am very worried about the WD..as I have been through them before......not the Precip but reg WD!........and i am told the Precip is worse!....
Do you think I should wait till Monday if possible?.........My father is coming to stay with me for a while and he takes perc for his back pain.........but he takes them as prescribed and does very sparingly!........maybe I should chip on a few of his tomorrow and Saturday morning and be inducted Monday?.........IDK???.I just wanna get started with the treatment and on with all of this....but I am deathly worried about nasty WD!!!....Any advise?...........thanks...........Ghostrider

Post subject: Welcome!!
PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 1:03 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hi GHOST RIDER- Congratulations on making the "jump" to Subs, and OFF those devil pills. I too was very worried about the PAW's, and took my last dose of 10/325 percs at 9:00PM...and was inducted at 10:00AM the very next morning. (13 hours) The doctor had me fill paper work out too (which I wasn't sure I could even do, being in W/D's) and then did the COWS scale, to see where I scored. I have learned that it is NOT so much an "hour" thing..so to speak...but, where you are in the mild to moderate W/D's. I have only been on Subs for a little over 3 weeks, and am SO glad I did it. When the doctor checked to see where I was in the W/D stage, I already had the chills, the runny nose, watery eyes, upset stomach, and that uncomfortable feeling in my legs...however, NONE of it came even remotely close to when I ran out of my DOC, and had to go with out anything for almost 36 hours.

Regardless of what you decide to do....you are going to do just fine, and you will be SO happy. Oh- by the way, I was taking up to 20 to 30 (10/325) percs a day, as well as Vics. I never dreamed anything could EVER take those cravings away SO FAST, the way Sub did for me. As well as....NO MORE suffering with W/D's!!! I walked out of the doctors office feeling a whole lot better....just a little tired, from worrying myself to death the night before. The anxiety was a lot worse than it needed to be, but, I think that is only natural, when we are entering into the "unknown!!" Take care, and let us know how you are doing, and what you decided to do. Lisa

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 6:42 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Just my opinion, but I think you should keep your appointment today. Your doctor will be able to gauge the state of your withdrawals. Like Lisa said, it's not a matter of hours, but rather how bad your withdrawal symptoms are. That said, keep in mind I'm not a doctor, just an informed addict on an online forum.

Good luck with the induction and let us know how it goes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:30 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I should have elaborated.....but was hoping we would get to talk before you went. I think you should keep your appt....Yes you may have to do a urine test and fill out paperwork...takes a about 45 minutes to an hour....I was always worried because I heard people who went into PW.....and that is not a good start...but see where you are. If you go to google or this search site and type in COWS Scale you can find how to rate your WD. As some have said on this site...there are guidelines but this is definitely not a one size fit all medication as far as dosing and amounts..

You will see people brag that they used the moring of and were ok....but who knows if that is becuae they were so covered they were able to level out....I have seen others who end up in hell...throwing up, restless leg syndrome......etc. I would always try and make sure I didn't go thru the up and down's of WD by keeping stuff around. I was too afraid not to listen to my DR becasue I was desperate when he said wait 24 hrs....what is a little more WD when I was makeing a lifetime change. In my paperwork I was asked when was my last opiate, how much and time. Hopefully they read it. I am sure you will be fine........Please let us know how it works out. Even if the DR has you wait a bit in the day....go to your appointment as you may have trouble getting back in.......Good Luck today and welcome to the start of something great.......Suboxone has saved my life.

Jim

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:49 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi Ghost Rider and welcome!

I don't have much to add to what the others have already written, so I will save my comments for after your next post. Hopefully, your induction went OK.

Post subject: Hope all went well!
PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 1:38 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hi Ghost Rider- Just checking in to see how everything is going. Hopefully you kept the appt. and you are feeling a million times better. Let us know how you are doing when you get the time. Take care....Lisa

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 2:23 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Well,....update for ya peeps!.I kept my appt...I am still in WD..I dropped off the script of 12 pills half an hr ago and am waiting to go back up there and get them!..........still a lil worried about the PAW.......
Might wait til 6pm so it wil be 24hrs.....although.I will check the cows scale and see where I am!
Thanks for the support people!!>........hopefully this will be as much of a sucess for me as it has been for many of you!.............I wanna go ride my motorcycle to help with my depression...but I have called out sick from work,.and the building is right down the street..so I am worried about them knowing I am out riding around!...hahaha.........anyway.....maybe I will push it up the street..........I am prob done with my current job there anyway....it has been .........A HUGE part of my stress and anxiety latley and I kinda want to leave it for something better anyaway............I will post more this evening after I take my forst dose I suppose!.thanks again....Ghostrider

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 6:38 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Hello Ghost,

I am very new to this site also, but have been on sub for 3 months now. I was inducted after 16 hours, and was in mild withdrawl, I had taken almost 100mgs the night before{which was very low for me} and within a half hour I felt absolutly great. I have had my ups and downs after that, trying to regulate my dose. But over all I feel really good, 100% better than I did when I was using.

Just wanted to you wish you the best, good luck, and remember this medicine is going to save your life!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 11:27 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

thankyou also hancal and Junkie...for the words of empowerment and encouragement!

I wanted to update this thread for all of you and let you know.........I finally took 4mg this morning at around 7am.....
I was debating on wether I should actually do this or not!?.........but this morning...37hrs into WD I just couldnt handle it anymore and finally decided to start on the Sub!........I was very hesitant to do so.....although I went through intake process and paid for the month.and paid for the script.......WOW.this stuff is expensive huh?..........but I can agree......it is far less than what I was paying for my DOC off the street in a months time!......
I was debating...simply for the fact that I had kicked cod turkey before and thought......Shit.......I can do it again!........and the idea of starting another potentially addictive substance to stop the other didnt make alot of sense to me!........But I hopefully plan on only using this as a short term "tool" to get free of the painkillers and the risks associated with ingesting all that tylenoyl!........I know eventually it would have killed me!..Or def made me a candidate for a liver transplant!........ughh!
I was tossing and turning all night ,stomach in knots, sore neck and shoulders, aches and pains in my legs,..and THEEE worst Pounding headache ever!!>...and this was only day one!.........I finally gave in and took the 4mg at around 7am......and within a half an hour.........felt myself releived of the WD symptoms to a point where i could at least get up and make some coffee and jump on here!.......I am in a way..glad I did.......but still worried that I will get hooked on this "substitute" opiate and be a slave to my sub doc. That is why I only want to do this short term!..I will prob try and taper out and be done within 21 days..........enough time to get things worked out in my life to a point where I can start a support program, get a sponsor of some sort(even though I have felt that in you peeps>>thanks BTW for that).........and seek therapy to dig up the underlying issues on why I went back after detoxing last year and being sober of pills for almost 6 mos!!(prob cuz I had not seeked the above mentioned help and CONTINUED support system)

I am currently(11am) feeling quite a bit better overall..besides being very tired!.I only got 4hrs sleep thursday night..and NONE last night!......so i will prob lay down here soon and try and get some sleep!..........For right now?....I am enjoying the freedom from the nasty WD and am gonna clean up my house a bit and maybe watch a lil tv to get me ready to sleep!
I do however wonder............if that upon waking later on.........should I take another 4mg?..........and another this evening?.........to follow what doseage I was told to take........or should I totally keep it to a minumum seeing that I will , within a cpl weeks, want to taper down to the bare minimum or nothing at all.or is that too short of a taper?..........I dont really want to be on this long term as I want to be totally opiate free soon!.....well....sooner than later anyway!..I want that clear headed feeling back and my taste and smell to come back in full force.

hahaha......Im sorry if this is rambling on and doesnt make much sense due to the order........I am just very tired!.haha.......but hey!!.......I am not worried this morning on how many fuckin pills I have left, when i can get more, will I have enough cash for them.....and asking myself...."should I go into work all weekend to make sure I have enough on next weeks paycheck to get a large enough batch of the 10/325 percs for next week?............it is a good feeling..I cannot deny!...........just worried is 4mg gonna be enough or how will i be able to tell?...and when, if at all...should I take another 4mg?........will the origiinal 4mg last me till 7am tomorrow?...............LMFAO.........sorry...Im tired and just flapping my gums(or fingertips really)!!..I will check back later to let ya know what is goin on and if i actually got some sleep!.............................Ghostrider

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 3:58 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Hello Ghost Rider,

CONGRADULATIONS on taking your life back! I am glad to see your feeling better! People will say its better to dose one time a day, but for me{and my Dr.} in the begining I was dosing 3-4 times a day. You are only taking 4mgs, in my opinion you will probably need more later, if you don't thats great, but don't be afriad to take more if you need to. Listen to your body if you are feeling any withdrawl symtoms at all or are having craving then take more! You can't take to much and you should not have to suffer at all! I was taking 4mgs 4 times a day in the begining some times up to 20mgs the first month, then I found the dose for me which is about 10-12mgs daily, trust me this medicine has changed my life!

As far as the short taper, most people would say{including myself} 21 days or a month isn't long enough to heal the brain. I know I have been taking subs for 3 months now and am nowhere ready to stop, I know I would be right back out there using with days if not hours. Maybe you are different and if you are great, but most people who taper off quickly relapse with days or months, although there are few people who it worked for. You are taking a medicine to help with a disese, you should not feel guilty about this, would you feel guilty for taking insuln if you were a dibetic? Trust me I felt the same way as far as quick taper when I started and the more I educated myself about "Our Disese" I no longer feel the way I did!

Good luck and congradulations on taking your life back, I will look forward to hearing from you soon!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 7:20 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thanks hancal106.......It is now 7pm,...12hrs from my first 4mg dose and I am starting to feel the stiff neck and headache barely starting to come back,...........so I think I am going to take another 4 mg and see if that will get me thru another 12 hrs until morning!....I would really like to keep my doseage as low as possible though!...........and If I can get by with dosing once in the morning and once in the evening........I will be more than happy!........
I am trying to avoid taking it long term,.....but hey,..who knows?........maybe you are right.........I might need more time to "heal" from the addiction behavior patterns and all that goes with that!......I will However say,....that for the first 8 hrs after dosing.........I was SOOOO very pleased at the calm feeling that came over me,.that I didnt have to WORRY and STRESS about how many pills I had left,.when I could get more,......would I be able to afford more ,.when can I meet with my dealer,..would he have enough to get me by tilll the next batch...........ALL that BS that goes along with that!.I felt so relaived I didnt have to worry and chase anymore!
While typing this I am taking another 4mg now...........the only thing I dont really like about it is the saliva filling my mouth...this is not a good taste!.haha...but it's worth not feeling like I have had my ass kicked and thrown off a building!.haha.............anyway......I read on this forum somewhere that some people, after the pill has desolved........spit the residual orange gunk out to avoid the headache from the other drug naloxen(sp?)..........so I did do that this morning,.........and felt good with no headache side effect,.............can anyone chime in on this and guide me, wether this is good or should I swallow the gunk to ge the full effect of the dose?.......I mean...........I know when I chewed up percs and vic's.......the taste was prob worse..so it prob wouldnt bother me that much to swallow it,..........I would just really like to avoid nasty headache if possible........

Anyway.......I want to thank all of you for your posts and the welcomes you have given me!!....and I will continue to log on and share and be asking questions as I dont know much about this process and want to learn as much as I can so I can finally be sucessful at being free from the killer oxy and hydro!........Ghostrider!

I will probably log on this evening and ask a few more questions!.thankyou.any advise is appreciated!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 7:40 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey Ghost Rider,
Glad to hear you're doing well. You should be fine if you want to spit out the leftover "juices". Just make sure that you've held it in there as long as possible before doing so, to obtain maximum absorption. There's a few threads on here about how people take their sub, so you might find some more advice in those. Oh, and Dr. Junig also wrote a post about "maximum absorption on his blog. Again, we're very glad you're here and ask as many questions as you want.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 12:58 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Hello Ghost,

Congradulations to day 1! :) I personaly have always swollowed, I know its mental, but I don't want to waste any,lol. If I wasn't sniffing my oxys,percs, or vics I would put them under my toungue and let them disolve. If that taste didn't bother me them this is nothing {actully I loved both tastes} kinda weird. I know some people who put a mint in there mouth when they are waiting for it to disolve.

As far as the headaches I have never got them, yet, thank god, because headaches are the worst! Any way hope you are having the best first day of the rest of your life.

Post subject: Just checkin on ya!!
PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 1:36 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hey there Ghost Rider....so glad to hear you are doing so well on Subs. I have only been on Subs a little over three weeks, so I know that I can only tell you my personal experience, and my thoughts as well. Hatmaker is absolutely right in that you can spit this stuff out, once you have made sure it has dissolved under your tongue. I have to spit mine out because of a few different side effects I was having (head ache being one of them) and now they are GONE!!!

I also had the same thoughts as you...in that I wanted to be on the lowest dose possible, and don't want to be on this stuff very long...h-o-w-e-v-e-r ..with that said...I have been trying to learn as much as I can about Sub, and what I am finding is this....first off...in the beginning, stick with the dose that keeps you out of W/D's and stops ANY AND ALL cravings, regardless of what dose you may need to start out with. Once you are stable...then, and ONLY then, you can start tapering down to the lowest dose, that still keeps you out of W/D's and STOPS the cravings. I made the mistake of tapering the first week, and tried to be a "hero" so to speak, and had to go back up a little. Now, it is a little over three weeks, and I am down to 8mgs, and I am pretty comfortable. (and I am going to stay at this dose for a while, so I can work on some of my issues) Oh, by the way, I started at 16mgs.

The second thing to think about is.....this isn't a race to see how fast, or who makes it off Subs first...the most important thing is to work on the issues that cause us to use in the first place. I totally feel like YOU do, I do NOT want to be on this stuff for a long time...however, I was on my DOC for over 7 years....in other words, my habit didn't happen over night, I can not expect to have all the issues that caused me to use all those years.... "fixed" (if that is even the proper word) over night either. I hope this makes sense...and as I mentioned earlier, I have not been on this stuff for very long, and there are a lot of other people here that have a lot more knowledge, and more experience with Subs. I just wanted to offer my experience, and feelings on the subject. Don't put pressure on yourself...you do not need to even worry about when you are going to stop taking Sub....make sure that you are comfortable that you have "worked" at all the issues...then focus on working off the Sub. I have also read that if you taper VERY SLOWLY....that it can be done pretty much painless...however, I am finding that a lot of the horror stories about Subs (which I had to STOP reading some of the other websites) where people struggle to get off it, did NOT do it the right way. Keep in mind...everybody is different, and each person has to do what works for them...and keep close to this site....everyone here is WONDERFUL!!! Your body will know when you are ready to start tapering. I also know that the mind is a very powerful tool, and my mind kind of fell asleep over the years of using....so, when I started on Sub it was a whole new experience to have to learn how to "feel" normal again. If that makes sense? I have come across stories where people I guess just used Sub to keep them out of W/D's and didn't work on anything else...and ended up right back on their DOC. Hang in there, and once again, I am not a doctor, I just wanted to offer my input. Take care, and I will check in again, on ya. -Lisa

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 2:23 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

The target dose is the lowest dose that keeps your withdrawal and cravings away. If 4mg is enough to do that, stay at 4mg. Also, buprenorphine (suboxone) has a half life of approx. 37.50 hours meaning if you take 4mg today at 7a.m., it will be at 8:30 p.m. the next day before that 4mg dose is half (2mg). If you are dosing once per day, 4mg- it iwll take you approximately a week to have a steady level of Bupe in your body.

Hope this makes sense, if you need a better explanation let me know.