It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:11 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Non Benzo suggestions
PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 1:59 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Ive tried all the benzos out there and I do the weirdest things ever. I need some stress/GAD/Social anxiety relief but I can't use benzo's....need some help here

Post subject: hi
PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 2:29 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

[code]
[font=Arial] [/font]
Hi jspth,

i really don't like taking benzos either, but I found that I was needing something so went to my local health Food Store and found Sunshine in a Bottle. It's full of Vitamin D, and tyrosine, and other vitamins and amino acids. I have been taking it for a couple of weeks now, and didn't really expect results, but I am feeling a lot better. I really think it has helped.

just google Sunshine in a Bottle, and there are several different files of information on it.

Hope you find something that works,
Ginger[align=justify][code]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 3:03 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi jsp,

Sorry you're having trouble with anxiety. When I started suboxone I also had to give up a massive xanax habit. So I know what it's like to have to deal with anxiety head on.

Under the "chronic pain" category I posted a thread called Self-Hypnosis/Guided Imagery/Meditation - it REALLY helps with my anxiety. I know it sounds trendy, and at the time I thought it was a bunch of hooey, too, but it turns out that it really helps.

Good luck and take care.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 6:20 pm 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

jsp,

Hi....welcome to the forum. I was wondering if you have ever taken any SSRI or SNRIs (Prozac, Effexor, Zoloft, etc)? These medications can do wonders for anxiety and, unlike benzos, they actually TREAT (not mask) your anxiety. I have recently gone back on Zoloft (it was stupid of me to get off in the first place) because I have been having more anxiety lately.

I also suggest you look into the thread that Hatmaker suggested....I too have found that non-medical techniques are very helpful. If you don't have time to meditate, you can try "mindfulness exercises""....google that phrase for some examples. These are basically short activities to help you re-focus your mind, and stop acute anxiety from being too overwhelming. For example, one of my favorites is to find something stable (not moving) in the room, and focus on that object. Force your mind to think about that object.....how does it look, what is it's texture, how would it feel if you picked it up, what can you do with it....etc. This slows your thoughts down, changes the focus of your thinking away from the negative thoughts, and can be done ANYWHERE....people won't notice. There are lots of little things like this that you can practice on your own, and use in public.

Also, Dr. Junig wrote a great blog entry about this subject....use the search on the site and enter "Are you ANXIOUS? Are you SURE?"....it is from Dec. 27, 2009 and should come up.

Good luck....anxiety really does suck, but it is totally manageable without benzos.

Subs Not Drugs!!!

"Don't hope for a life without problems. An easy life results in a judgmental and lazy mind."
- Zen Master Kyong Ho