It is currently Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:04 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:48 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

[font=Century Gothic] [/font]
God, grant me the serenity of SLEEP, the courage to hang on for one more shitty day, and the wisdom to never put myself through this hellish shit we call withdrawl!!! the RLS is screaming through all of my limbs now....I want to cut them all off....I want sleep....Im phisically and mentally exhausted....I have felt no improvement in the last 24 hours and the RLS is worse!!Is there anyone who can give me a clue as to when I might feel a little improvement? I think Im in panic mode now....have to back to work in 3 days and stand on my feet for ten hours....no breaks....On the positive side, I never have liked the job Im at anyways....right? In this whole shitty process maybe Ill wind up getting fired and get a better job when Im functioning on a human level....right? Or maybe Ill go down in history as the only person who has died due to suboxone withdrawl....right? That sounds welcoming right now...my water bill is going to go through the roof this month as I seem to need to shower at least three times a day....sweating and freezing...I don't smell right if that makes any sense....my dogs are noticing and constanly smelling me as if they don't know me...my little yorkie wants to sit ON me all day and night and wants to put her furry little face in mine and sniff....and then lick me like she thinks Im dirty...Its amazing how dogs are so sensitive to any illness their owners have...just rambling now as I have nothing better to do at five AM..... :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:01 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hang in there Akamsc. Altho it doesnt seem like it, the w/ds will subside and eventually go away. I do think you shud look into clonidine, as Romeo mentioned, they will help with the agonizing w/ds as well as RLS and insomnia. When I found out about them (from Romeo (thanks Romeo)) I was about day 10 off or so, and struggling with RLS and insomnia (typical of sub w/d). I actually scored some from my Mom and wham!! 8hrs of sleep the 1st night! You will be suprised how much better you feel if you DO get some sleep. Trust me, they help and after about 8 days of using them at night I just quit with no ill effects. I stopped having RLS and was able to konk out on my own at about 15-17 days (not sure of exact day). Your doing great & need to keep it up so you can also BE FREE!!!!

We are all cheering you on and wish you luck!

Oh yeah, looong hot baths will ease RLS as well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:39 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

The acute phase of Suboxone wd usually peaks between day 5 thru day 9 or so. Mine peaked on day 10. I broke down and cried like a little baby on day 10. I remember telling my wife that I was done, I couldn't take it anymore and I turned into a puddle. After that, I felt better and I soldiered on.

Your wd should be peaking very soon, if it hasn't already.

Exercising my legs is the only thing that really helped my RLS. I would get on our elliptical machine and run, full out, until I couldn't anymore. This would put the RLS at bay for around 2.5 hours. From what I've read and experienced, the RLS from Suboxone wd usually lasts about 2 or 3 weeks.

Keep showering several times a day. Nice showers seem to put wd on hold for several minutes.

About the not smelling right......many, many, many of us who quit Suboxone mention how our sense of smell goes completely haywire. Many of us would get this funky smell stuck in our noses? A couple of people on the forum resorted to rubbing cherry chapstick under their nose to eliminate the weird smells.

Like 95shakin said, you really should check into the Clonidine if you can.

Check out this little cartoon......you have to be the frog!!

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:24 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

[font=Comic Sans MS] [/font]
Thank you so much for all the advise through all this hell, and Im calling my doctor first thing monday morning to see if I can get some clonadine....The sun did come up again this morning, and I did get to see it rise again.....I don't remember the last time Iv gotten watch the sunrise for so many mornings in a row, and I suspect its going to have a whole new feeling and meaning to me from here on out. You know, a gentle, beautiful, life changing experiance.....not just another reason to get out of bed. the last 6 days I have wrapped myself in a blanket, gone outside and curled up on my porch swing, and then watched the sun give me another chance to mark a day off my calendar.....Im still here { in a broken,pain ridden, tired shell of a vessel }, but here none the less. I truely believe if I can get through this, I can get through and accomplish anything I put my mind to!! And yes, hot baths do relieve the RLS, at least long enough for me to catch my breath and remember why Im doing this whole nightmarish event. Day ten!! My goal is to get my clothes on and venture outside....maybe do a little shopping....maybe go sit on the river bank and thank god Im still alive.
There has been an upside to all this. My family have watched the house go straight to hell over the last 7 days, clutter, dust, dirty floors, dirty dishes, no clean clothes, bathrooms getting nasty,dog is beyond smelly, etc etc....And finally, yesterday, they told me that they never realized how much I do for them until I stopped. Iv always told them that we don't have magic cleaning fairy, and they have always just rolled their eyes at me as if to tell me Im being over dramatic about how hard I work to keep them in liveable conditions.....now, if I could just get them to pick up the slack while Im taking a little break. Seriously, I don't think they know how....lol, But Im grateful they have noticed!!!! My daughter asked me yesterday { Mom, when do you do all this stuff!! You make it look so easy because we never really see you doing it }, I told her that I never have to clean our house because I make sure it never gets dirty.....maybe today Ill organize a cleaning party and put these people of mine to work!! Ironic really, I have four kids, seven years apart, ages 32, 24, 18, and 11, and 3 grandchildren....and they are just NOW noticing how much I do for them? I don't know if I should hug them or hang them!! Im rambling again ....its all I got for right now, and thank God I found this forum to vent while Im doing time in the hell we call withdrawls. Thank you all for being my cheering squad....without you, all I would have is alarge family wondering when Ill be capable of wipeing thier asses again....lol....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 1:26 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

hey, I dont have a lot to add other than saying I'm rooting for you and hoping your well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:43 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I'm sorry to hear that you are having this hard of time right now.. I am in the "tapering" mode right now, I haven't hit full blown without just yet so I cannot say when or why or what BUT I can say that you CAN do this, Mind over matter in alot of cases. I read a post from DOAQ where she posted that she noticed her WD was worse when she read about others, I noticed that as well, I have had minor WD with the taper and notice I feel the worse than. I'm trying to stay away from reading to much just because my mind loves to mess with me in that way. I hate that you are going through this trial but I know that you will be on here posting that you are doing great before long! I know what it's like with kids.. oh and wiping ass's HA! Mine are younger but it's all the same.. MOM!!! Yea.. Give me a break! Keep up the good work, Try to hang in there! GOOD LUCK!!!!