It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 3:28 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 5:56 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

good information and problems posted here and many answers of my questions i read from this forum thanks for all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:45 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I know this is an old thread.. but I just got on here to search for this exact "side effect" or whatever you want to call it. I actually just woke up from one of those dreams.. I have been experiencing the exact same thing.. and when I wake up I almost feel exhausted from the dream itself.. but I'm wide awake from it so I usually go get a drink and smoke a cig or something before going back to bed.. and sometimes I'll pick up where I left off in the dream.

Anyways.. I'm going to read through the replies in this thread.. I just wanted to make a post about it.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:37 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Background: Sub treatment for typical hydro, oxy, etc. that had lasted many years.

I was inducted onto sub on this Monday (today is Wednesday). Doc had me break an 8mg Sub in half and watched me take half then told me to wait in office lobby for 2 hrs.... hour later felt the sub.... potential for new life... talk told me to take the other piece. Great. Gave me a prescription for (1) 8mg per day for maintenance. Wonderful right???? I thought so.

I've not slept going on the 3rd night because I suffer severely from this bizarre syndrome that is being discussed. Won't go into detail about it, it is just as is described above esp. where the guy describes it as a scene with the girl from the movie The Ring... of course different subject matter.

I love the Sub because I see the potential to actually have a real life, but thought this weird Nightmare/Head Zap was going to kill me, apparently quite uncommon.

Glad I found this as this info on this "syndrome" is referenced no where else on the internet. Now that I know I'm not about to die maybe I can find the courage to fall asleep. (I've had about 20 or so episodes as I've wanted to go to sleep since monday night, just terrifying.) Starting to lose my cognition to sleep deprivation.

Again, glad to see I'm not completely alone. I will post later with an update to possibly help anyone else that might think they are suffering alone. I hope it's not life threatening......

TIRED IN TEXAS :(

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 5:12 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Take your entire 8mg first thing in the morning. If that doesn't help, try lowering your dose. Good luck!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:06 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I get these awesome body jerks when I'm falling asleep. They're quite pleasurable, like I get a hit of serototonin or something. BONUS!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:36 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

tearj3rker wrote:
I get these awesome body jerks when I'm falling asleep. They're quite pleasurable, like I get a hit of serototonin or something. BONUS!

You're such a goofball. Good job finding the silver lining :lol:

laddertipper

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 1:37 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Followed your advice Lilly about taking all 8mg in the morning and now the "zaps/shocks" are much smaller and not at all scary. In fact, now being Sunday, I can sleep just fine after the first couple shocks (no more scary nightmare episodes) and sleep better than I ever had that I can remember. I'm excited about my recovery, just wish I would have heard about Sub years ago.

I take the whole 8mg at 7:30 am and feel fine until exactly at 2pm and then proceed to get a severe headache that peeks at 4pm and isn't gone until 9pm. This has happened Wed, Thurs, Fri, and yesterday, sure it is on it's way for Sunday too even though I hope not. I've tried the spitting out thing that I read somewhere but made no difference. I see doctor tomorrow so hopefully he will switch me to the kind without naloxone. I really don't want to reduce my dosage because it feels perfect for me and infact still find myself actually psychologically fiending for opiate. I have been going to AA everyday to help me come to terms with this and I know I must put forth effort to change my thinking and behavior when it comes to drugs and I do think this is helping. I plan on continuing....

Is switching to Subotex something doctors don't like to do? Oh... thanks for the help with the "zingers".... funny now and yeah it does kinda feel good in a weird way.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 2:02 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

So you don't get the headaches until several hours later? Based on that alone, I doubt that those headaches are from the naloxone. I would ask the doctor about it just to rule out other causes. As far as I know, headaches from naloxone usually come on much quicker than that. If anyone has more specific info on that, please correct me or add to what I've said.

When it comes to doctors prescribing subutex, many doctors don't want to do it. Subutex supposedly has a much higher risk of diversion (thanks to Reckitt-Benckiser's own smear campaign), so docs often won't even entertain the idea. Now that's not to say ALL doctors will say no. There are plenty of people here on subutex for different reasons - headaches or financial reasons, for example. But it's worth asking. I checked with my doctor once (I've never been an IV user) and he shot me down immediately. Wouldn't even listen to me after that. So I didn't push it.

I hope you get some relief from the headaches soon.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 2:09 am 
New Poster
New Poster

I am having the same problem! I woke up not long ago from yet another very vivid, very weird dream, and am wide awake. I googled nightmares and suboxone and found this thread. I've only been on subs about 2 weeks. (This is my second time on them but it was a couple years ago when i took them last and can't remember if i had nightmares on them then.) But the past two weeks i've waken up almost every night, from these dreams. The dreams are always very vivid, sometimes super scary, sometimes sad, sometimes just weird. I have them at different times, sometimes right after i fall asleep sometimes in morning. Now I did just come off methadone, which I've been taking for the last year. This is my first time detoxing off methadone. I think what some of the people have said on here may be right, that its part of withdrawal's. That makes perfect sence. I was thinking it was the sub, but i don't know??? It may be? Maybe I'm taking it too late in the day. I'm going to try not taking it later than like 3 pm tomorrow? I know this is an old thread, i was just wondering if anyone else was having this problem now? Btw, I love suboxone and it's been a miracle drug for me! I would still take it regardless b/c nightmares are a very small thing compared to the hell you go through in active addiction. I'm really just curious if that's what it is or if something else may be going on and if there is anything i can do to fix it. And also just wondering if other people experienced that and maybe after awhile it goes away or something? [font=Verdana] [/font]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 5:30 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey Crisi.

I personally have never had any nightmares / night terrors whilst on Suboxone. I have however experienced them in detox, that's for sure. I too switched from methadone to Suboxone a couple of times, but it was quite some time ago now and I cannot remember whether or not I had night terrors.

If you are really desperate to figure out its cause, I personally would likely put it down to the transition from methadone to Suboxone. A lot of stuff is going on when a person does this transition, and it takes months for the methadone to seep out of the body despite the presence of buprenorphine.

The only true way to find out what's causing it though it to wait. If it doesn't get any better over time, it's likely an idiosyncratic side-effect from the Suboxone. And you're not alone either, as it appears there are some others who have experienced this.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:44 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi Crisis and welcome! Like Tear I have never experienced nightmares while on sub. Like he said the only thing you can really do is wait and see. Taking the sub earlier in the day could help of it is indeed what's causing your night terrors. I hope you get it figured out, having bad dreams every night is no fun.

Post subject: Wierd feelings
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:47 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

I have experienced some wierd stuff similar to that. It is like I'm sleeping but feel awake and just not sure if I was asleep or if I was awake and yea that is very strange. But really I have some of those feelings while on subs. I have been taking my subs late because of my pain issues and I tend to hurt like hell in the winter so I really need it at night. I have to say though it is a wierd feeling. Night sweats are worst and sleeping is of course alittle wierd. But anyways I will keep taking my subs because they do help with the pain. Just thought i would share some of the strange things I have been having at night and also if I take a nap
Mel :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 1:22 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

You know now that you put it like that Mel I had that problem too for a while. I would wake up in the middle of the night and feel awake, go outside to have a smoke and next thing I knew i was waking up in the patio chair and a couple hours had passed. The next morning I would realize that I was almost sleep walking but also felt partially awake. It was a very erie feeling but it has passed and I haven't had it happen in quite some time. I suppose sub or any opiate for that matter can have some weird effects on our sleeping patterns.

Post subject: LOL
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 1:47 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

It is wierd but I tell you I laugh it off and lots of other things you know it could be a whole lot worst if I was broke and looking down an empty bottle of pills you know. I mean we are on drugs and they all have some type of side effects. I jump,jerk,twist and feel like I'm falling but I say bring it on because I'm at home not on the streets looking.
I enjoy talking about it because we are all aware of this side effects and have them in common.
So lets twist raddle and roll together on this journey together LOL

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 2:09 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Agreed! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 12:44 am 
New Poster
New Poster

I just woke up from another weird dream and my husband works out of town so it's just me and my four year old here so it's SO scary for a minute when I first wake up. But yeah, my husband's been on subs like 3 years and he has NO problem with sleeping, or any side effects actually. He lies down and he's out in less than 5 minutes and sleeps like a baby till the a.m. I guess whatever it is I hope it stops eventually. I appreciate you guys responding:) it's good to know other people experience this stuff. Sometimes it helps just to have people that can relate. And it's good to know that it may go away eventually like breezy ann said...that's what i was really hoping to hear lol. I'm going to ask the sub doc. if he has any advice and I'm going to get some tylenol pm or something and maybe that will help. Thanks again you guys are so sweet

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 2:26 am 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

So this is Anita, and I haven't been on for a while but this post interested me because I have been really struggling with some puzzling symptoms. Hatmaker has talked to me before about them, but I wouldn't mind some other input. When I started on suboxone it was in JUly and I had come off a very low dose of opiates for pain. 40 a day of Morphine then for a short time I was on Methadone 15mg a day. So my doctor started me on 6 mg a day and then started a taper right away. Well, my symptoms have never been stable. And the main ones are ringing in my ears and then a body tremor that feels kind of like a jackhammer, pounding sensation. Then I'll get sweaty and my bp will rise but the foremost symptoms are ringing in my ears and shaking inside. The dose then that I take will make it go away and it comes back in a few hours. I have only been on 4 mg and we talked to someone at the company today ( suboxone) and they think I never fully got stabilized when I got induced and said that most patients need to start out with 8-12 mg. So, I am wondering if I have been underdosed this entire time. Also wondering if you think those symptoms of tinnitus and shaking are w/d type symptoms. I did increase from 6-8 today and going to do that tomorrow to and see if I get better results. Any advice, opinions appreciated. You too hatmaker !
Thanks, Anita.

Post subject: are you eating
PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 7:34 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Anita are you eating before you dose? Because I have felt lots of shaking ( inside my body) if I dont eat before my subs. One day I called my mom over because I was afraid of all the shaking. Now I make sure I eat before taking my subs. As long as I eat i'm ok. Not sure if this helps but this is what I have experienced.
Good luck