It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:37 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Night sweats... ugh
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:03 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

[font=Georgia] [/font] Everytime i go to bed at night, or even a nap during the day, i have horrible night swears. Even under a thin banket (i need one everytime i sleep) and the a.c on, im sweating. It makes my hair and legs wet. Anyone have this? Anyway to relieve it? Im also on effexor so maybe thats a side effect of that but im not sure if its sub(6mg) or effexor(75mg)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:04 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Night sweats! not night swears! haha opps

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 12:39 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

HI love!!!

how long have you been on suboxone now??? I know you've posted it somewhere else, Im sorry I forgot :roll:

you know, I had this problem when I first started sub therapy, but it stopped after about a month, and at a month it happend about two or three nights a week still, and then less and less until it completely subsided. Of course unless its really hot and any NORMAL person would be sweating, LOL

so maybe thats it? Lets hope so.
Other than that, Id just say strip down, and buy a small fan. I slept in front of a small fan for that first month, the kind that rotates around, LOL
it was soothing to me to be blowing on my face.

I wish I could help more, I'll watch for your reply :wink:

That's TRUE STRENGTH
http://almostoneyearclean.blogspot.com/

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 3:53 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I HATE those f$cking night swears, nothing p?sses me off worse than those d*mn night swears!!! LOL!!

Ahhh, that was funny Love...good one!!

Yeah, as far as the night sweats go, I think opiates and sweating kind of go hand in hand for a lot of us. Like Amber said, I think you'll acclimate after a while. Until then, just put a piece of duct tape over your mouth at bedtime so you stop swearing! :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:04 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

HA, Story of my friggen life. Between night sweats from suboxone, suboxone withdrawls, and menapause night sweats and hot flashes, I haven't a clue which Im going through anymore! I just know my eleven year old is usually there with a big pillow to fan me.....LOL...He says "Hot flash Mom", and I say " I don't know anymore, just fan me" !! I haven't been able to find anything to relieve this pesky condition!
Menapause plus withdrawls equals hell times 3''''''

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:28 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

There's a good chance it's the suboxone. It's a common side effect, which may, BTW, lessen if you are in a position to lower your dose. I have had those sweating episodes all thru my sub treatment. Even if I would go to bed cold and cover myself, I'd wake up - still cold, mind you - but sweating. And for me it's usually just upper part of my body - mostly the head and neck.

I just recently dropped my dose from 16 to 4 mg and it used to be when I'd go shopping and especially if I'd try things on I'd get very hot and sweaty by the time I was done. It was so embarrassing. Last night I just went shopping and it just now occurrs to me that I didn't have that same thing happen, for the first time in years. WOO-HOO!

Cool. Literally. So if your sweating is really bothersome, you might discuss dropping your dose a bit and see if it helps. :)

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:17 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hey guys, my night swears.. fuck... i mean sweats (hahah) are getting a little better. Im stripping and got the ac nice and cool! Im at 6mg and been on sub for about 3 months. The sweating started about a month ago :/ Tho the good thing is, i do sleep like a log. Other then waking up swimming in my sheets! grosssss