It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:41 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Night mare dr visit
PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2016 2:24 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

This whole mess started last April 2015.went to my monthly pain management appt and after doing the urine test,dr comes in and says"you have morphine in your system,I'm sorry here's a script of 7-10mg methadone pills you can use for a very rapid taper,I can no longer treat you."at this point I'm like WTF just happened!i had not and would not take anything other than what I've been prescribed to me,period
At this point I'm in schock and damn near
panic.ive been on 50 mgs of methadone for severe pain for over 2 years. I'm self employed and my busy season is about to start and I'm staring down the barrel of this ...forgot to mention this is not the dr but a PA at my pain management office.at this point I DEMAND to see the owner and real dr at this practice,to which I'm told he's not in today but I can come back next Monday.it is Wednesday when I'm there so now I have to stew in this pile of shit stew for 4 days before I can see this guy,luckily I never over take my medicine and I have about a months extra in stock.obviously their urine testing is bullshit so I decide the next day to pay for a hair follicle test from a nationally recognized lab(labcorp).
I get the hair test done on thursday and pay for expedited results so I can bring it with me on the Monday to show the main dr.as I knew, results showed no opiates now or for 3 months previous.
So...its now Monday morning I'm now at Drs office in the waiting room waiting and watching the typical functions of patients coming in and getting their piss cups and going to the bathroom and coming out and putting their warm bodily fluids on a community medical cart lined with piss stained paper towels,must have 8-10 cups waiting for the 19year old lab tech to pick up and take to a back room.
As I'm thinking to myself this is a very fucked up system of collecting medical data and also seeing how
Labcorp handled my hair test,place was very by the book.sterile rubber gloves,2 employees witnessing the procedure,exactly how it should be, a women comes out of the bathroom and says"this cup has someone else name on it"I'm like,holy fuck...these people are absolute morons.so now I'm loaded up with physical proof to show this dr something is wayyy wrong with my urine coming back with morphine in it.its now my turn to go in to the exam room and wait there for 20 minutes for THE dr.he walks in and says"so... You doing heroin???"so you can imagine how floored I am by what he just said.lm like now in total shock.i thought they said I had morphine in my urine and now he's blasting me with heroin.
Then he explains heroin can also show up as morphine, and I'm just at a loss for how to defend myself at this point.HOLY SHIT I begin to tell him his urine screenings are not accurate and I just witnessed your staff giving someone a cup with someone else name and DOB on it,with that he leaves the room to verify what I'm saying is true and come back and says"that's never happened before" to which I say
"Well it happened right in front of me and I am not taking any other substance other than what's been prescribed to me"at this point I tell him about the hair follicle test I had done and hand him a copy of the results and he leaves the office again.waited about 10 minutes and he comes back in with a script for... Morphine,not methadone and says"I want to send your 5 day old urine to an outside lab"which confirmed they were doing all their own labs in house,in a back room which is probably haphazard at best, and by people who look like they are high school students in white coats.but he chose to give me the same drug they claimed was illegally in my system.so what were my options,try to find a new dr?
While this is now on my medical record,not going to work I have to accept the morphine and stop taking methadone otherwise he can drop me for not following his orders.im told to come back in 2 weeks.making the transition to morphine wasn't too bad as he gave me like 6-15mg pills per day so I didn't suffer in that regard.2weeks later I go back and he says"I can't verify the accuracy of this hair test, you could've washed your hair with a special shampoo and the lab results from our outside lab confirm the presence of morphine"...I ask to see the report and it did say morphine was positive but in
Parenthesis it said"trace amounts that could be consistent with poppy seed ingestion such as bagels,muffins or salad dressing". Dr then says don't worry I won't drop you as a patient,I can still treat you,but only with Buprenorphine...Sorry for this post being this long but it's the facts as it played out,and really just the beginning of this absolute nightmare that now has me on 20mgs a day of Buprenorphine.ive never posted before but have been a long time reader of this forum and I think I'm gonna need some help as things are about to get even more fucking ridiculous...

Post subject: Re: Night mare dr visit
PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2016 1:30 pm 

Hey Grady and welcome to the forum,

What a messed up story! Yes, I did read the entire ordeal you went through and was getting mad just thinking about it.

So now you're going to be a Suboxone patient, right? Have you switched over yet or are they telling you to be in withdrawal for a certain amount of time before inducing? It would be easier to do it on Morphine vs Methadone. Meth is just so much stronger than Morphine. My suggestion is to stay on the Morphine for at least a month before tapering down to make the jump to Suboxone. I think once you're stabilized on Suboxone you'll be pleased with it's results.

If you read a lot of stories here in the Stopping Suboxone section you'll get mixed views about how hard it is to get off of. The most recent ones are actually very good with the members experiencing only minor discomfort. Then you have others who say it's the worst possible drug to off of. Whatever, I choose to believe that when it's my time to taper and jump that it won't be very bad at all. And considering most of the withdrawals are mental, that's the best stance to take.

So welcome here and I wish you a smooth transition over to Suboxone. Let us know how it goes.

rule

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2016 7:28 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Rule,thankyou for your reply.seen your name a thousand times on this forum and I feel grateful you took the time to acknowledge me.if you noticed at the very top of the post I stated that the whole thing started a year ago in April.so the transition over is done and wasn't a big deal.stayed on the morphine for 2weeks and started my abstinence of a Friday night and started the sub Sunday morning.been on it a full year now and was recently changed over to generic bupe which was easy.turned out the Naloxone was causing some high blood pressure and depression and sure as hell, soon as I switched over those issues corrected themselves.i have been holding back that whole shitty dr story and decided this would be a good place to get it off my chest.im about to have another pile of shit to deal with because of an insurance change and I will post that soon.thats gonna cause me a big time headache so maybe someone on here might have some advice that can help.my name is not actually Grady,picked it because it's the type of boat I have...after I set it up I had a vision of that old black dude who was Fred Sandfords friend on the old show Sandfords and son.loved that show

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 10:53 pm 

At the beginning of 2014 (I think) I had to switch from suboxone films to Zubsolv because my insurance only covered that medication. Every year I have to have a prior authorization done as well. I don't totally understand your doctor's reasoning from what you've described above, but good luck jumping the next hurdle!

Amy

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 1:50 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

So... The original post was long and tough to follow and I apoligize . I have zero experience posting in online forums.i will try to keep things less congested.
Bottom line is,my morning ritual of getting a poppy seed bagel on the way to work resulted in fouling my UA. The bullshit it caused me was unbelievable.my dr would never admit my bagel habit could cause a morphine positive result so he would not reverse his decision,despite my having a clean hair follicle test proving I had ZERO opiates in my system.
I went from being a pain patient with an MRI documenting multiple herniated discs and arthritis in every joint in my body to a full blown drug abusing criminal because this man would not admit his testing procedures were Mickey Mouse at best.
Had no choice but to continue being his patient, what other dr would take me with that kind of history on my medical record.I thought long and hard about WTF I should do and the likelihood of another dr taking me would have been very slim.i also could've walked out and cold turkeyed myself off of 50 mgs of methadone right as my work season was about to explode,but I couldn't put myself out of business like that....I'm the father,the bread winner and could not lose the work being thrust into a methadone detox for God only knows how long...I had no other choice but to continue on with this prick head dr and swallow my integrity.And that was what really fucking killed me,I'm a very straight up guy and to have to go along with the whole charade to keep from getting sick and not being able to provide for my family was the worst,absolutely disgusting.i recently tried to increase my life insurance policy and was denied because of this bullshit being on my medical record.imagine how I felt when my broker whom I've known for 20 years, told me"your pain Drs report was the reason"Fucking humiliating!!!
Do pain Drs make more money treating people for addiction rather than pain?
Do pain Drs need to show the DEA they are finding abusers and following a protocol?

Why pick me when you got patients in the waiting room who are obvious abusers,people shaking and sweating and sitting there with 4 of their friends waiting for their oxy script,I'm a 51 year old man with a family and all the responsibilities that go along with it,trying to make a living while I'm slowly
becoming crippled and I get to be the target---UNFUCKINGBELIEVABLE ‼️

Being put on suboxone and then generic bupe was actually the only positive part of the ordeal.
Absolutely hated the hold any other pain med had on me....they kept my pain under better control but I'm doing ok enough pain wise taking 4mgs 5x a day. not having that urgency to dose immediately upon waking is so much better,those pain meds are brutal like that,hated that feeling...
Thanks to anyone who took the time to read this.not quite sure what the hell good my sitting here at nearly 2am typing this is going to do,but fuck it Igot it off my chest and who knows, maybe my asshole pain dr might bump into it some day.fucking moron

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 12:00 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Okay....I have a similar issue at one time. but my doctor didnt threaten me .

I am very close with my doctor and the office ladies.. and that is because my brothers girlfriends dad is a surgeon and they work together so he respect me as i do him. and he knows i do my best to follow the rules...

now last month I did a drug test and then I get my script. when they do the urin test they send it out so u get ur meds without knowing if ur clean or not but usually you should know. now the next time i come back the the doctor tells me i had morphine in my system. i said theres no way in hell. morphine hurts my stomach, i hate it. and i told him i did a drug test there and another one for probation on the same exact day. and probation never said i faild. and he told me to go get a print out of me being clean at probation and he would fill me... but I found out by a office lady was that he hired 3 new highschool graduates to do the samples and paper work. and since he is a pain managment doctor..he prescribes morpine all day every day and what had happen was the kids doing the testing were working too fast and labeled someone elses urin as my urin on my sheet and when it got sent in it shows my meds in her system and her meds in my system...but the doctor didnt want to tell anyone the mistake... but i proved i was clean by a print out of my test from probation on the same day...and what irriated me was that the doc does 2 tests ,., and one shows one drug and the other shows a different ....seems like the tests dont work that well if it didnt come out with the same drug on both