It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:26 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 2:54 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Greetings, my name is Darren. I'm new to the site and new to subox. This is my story cancerning subox. It was really by chance that I started subox. It all happen after Katrina. This was my first try at subox. We came home after evacuating to find out we had lost everything we owned. (I do mean everything), from our clothes to our home. The only thing we had was the clothes that we packed and the truck that we left in. When Katrina hit anybody who had a doctor in the disaster zone was out of luck. I had my meds before we left and about a week after we had gotten back. I was on methadone and roxycodone. I ran out. My wife had a script of subox. that had not been filled as of yet. Really 4yrs ago nobody I new even heard of subox. It was very new at the time. Anyway I was so sick that I after searching for a pharmacy that had not been destroyed by Katring I had got them filled. Well I had no knowledge of this med. so I put it under my tounge per instruction. I waited, and let me tell you I went through heavy withdraws. I called it forced withdraws. It was terrible. Needless to say I found some methadone and felt better. That was my first experience with subox. Needless to say I was never gonna take subox again. I found out latter that I had to have the methadone out of my system before taking the subox. Now almost 5 yrs later back on my meds. This brings me to date. My last visted to the doc was 2 mos ago. I just didn't have the money to go anymore. He was outragous. I got ride of the old subox from the Katrina days and My wife had gotten another script not by choice (thats another story) from her doc. I ran out of my meds last mo. and had tried subox again. This time I had no methadone in my system and very little if any roxycodone. I started getting sick going to the beginnings of withdraws and I didn't want to get the subox. but after realizing my mistake on the first try I figured that I was ok to try it once more. We all know when one is going through withdraws one will do just about anything to stop. I took 1/2 of 8mg. no goood took the other 1/2 no good. A few hrs later I took a whole one. I started feeling better and better. It's been 2mos on subox and I feel normal. I still don't know too much about the drug. I'm just starting to read up on it. I had lost my computer due to Katrina. I just got this one the other day. I know I don't feel sick and I have some entergy. Not like before. Now I'm back to no doc. and my wife has no doc and I have 4 pills left. by the time I get paid on the 1st and find a doc (no telling how long that will take) I will probable be out. So with 4 pills left I have been taking a 1/4 a day I try to skip a day, but in the middle of the night I wake up feeling bad and take another 1/4. Sometimes I do miss a day trying to save what I have. Anyway, this is my story. It is nice to be here and to meet yall. I just wonder how bad the withdraws might be. From what I have been reading here even haveing the smallest amount of subox. in ones system it will be a hard go. Man I do not want to go back to other pain pills in order to stop the pain of withdraws. I feel I am in a very important time in my life right now and one bad move will put into the bad situation that I have been in most of my life.

thanks everybody,

Darren

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 4:26 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

hi darren, there r some great moderators on this site that will hopefully be able to give u a little better advice but until they do my suggestion would be first to read in the suboxone talk zone search ''optimizing absorption'' that will help u get the most out of ur 4 pills. search on ur computer for docs in ur area who prescribe suboxone. by some miracle maybe u can get an appt for the first of the month. if so u could take 4 mgs a day until then. either all at once in the morning (wich is whats recommended) or divide the half in half for twice a day. this is a long shot, most of the time it will take at least a month to get into c someone but u need to try!! if it were me and i couldnt get an appt i would start with half a pill (2mgs) today and each day a little bit less. i would read all the posts about a slow taper there is alot of great info and everyone is different and decide what would be best for me after reading different experiences. my personal opinion would be to try to find a doc and continue with a low dose but i do understand the cost-i have been taking subs for about 5 years with no insurance but its alot cheaper than my drug habits. i also know that i could not have stayed clean without them. maybe if u explain ur situation u can arrange a once a month appt on or around the time u get paid. i did that for most of my maintanence once a month $75 for my appt $25 for drug testing and then filled my 30 day rx. if u have been addicted to opiates for any amount of time-u have alot of work to do either way. suboxone is just one tool that makes it a little easier. get on the phone right NOW!!! keep me posted-sara

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 8:39 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Welcome to the site.SAMHSA Bupe Doc Locator
That link will help you find a Suboxone doctor in your area, just be patient and keep searching til you find one! Let me know if you have insurance or not because there is another resource I know of to help with cost if needed!Please keep us posted on your progress!

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 3:38 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hey Darren. I read your situation. You are certainly going thru the trials of Job. I am new here also and I have been taking Suboxone for almost 2 months now. My history of addiction goes back to the late 90's, but gained complete control of my life in 2003. I was taking percocets and the Duragesic patch - all for Fibromyalgia. My doctor, after giving me the Fibromyalgia test, asked me what I would like for the pain? My response was "My mom always told me to never walk outa the house without clean underwear on and never prescribe for yourself." That was the approach I would take to get pain meds- let the Doc decide. Well, she said "I can prescribe Dilaudid for you." I said no because it gave me a drunk-like feeling and they have a boomarang effect. Then I mentioned the Duragesic Patch, which was what I got and she gave me 90 5mg percs for breakthrough pain. I thought I hit the jackpot. Well, at that point I was unaware that it was the Devil's lottery.
Fast forward to June 2009 and finally, I found a Suboxone doctor who doesnt charge $700 for the first visit. The doc I found after a lengthy search charges only $150 for the first visit and $125 for each months visit. Well, I have to tell you that Suboxone has improved my life so much that this kind of "normality" is a very welcome stranger to me. I have to say that I keep hearing about how sick some people are getting after taking it and the only reason that occurs is, well you know, there are still narcotics in the system. I approach my addiction the same way I approach my Diabetes diagnosis- by managing it with medication and a somewhat healthy lifestyle. I have NO plans of tapering off of Subx because it works so well. It helps me so much with my other diagnosis of Bipolar/Depression. Go to your library or whatever you can do to find a doc. It will change your life. I was hopeless about my addiction and I had suicidal thoughts most of the time. I cant even describe what it is like to be a functioning person again. God is great indeed. Well, that's my story. Keep moving forward Darren and get that medicine.