It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:24 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: newby
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 12:48 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Just started on subs today 2 8mg a day, kinda having problems, like 3 hours before actually taking the first dose of subs, I done my last pain pill! now 4 hours after taking the first dose of subs, having hand and leg shakes, headaches, and slight dizziness!! Is this normal at all or what? Kinda has me worried! Keep in mind today was the first day I've ever taken subs so I'm very new to this!!! Someone please help with knowledge!!!! TIA

Post subject: Re: newby
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 5:56 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Most of us took a lower dose the first day. I took 4 mg day one. I must have taken 8 mg day two and 16 mg on day three. Now I hear that many people never take more than 12 mg a day. Dizzyness and headaches are common when first taking suboxone. Hopefully you are being induced by a doctor who is watching for side effects.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 6:56 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Basically what the doc did was ask basic questions like what I was on and how much I was taken, write a script said take 2 8mg a day 12 hours in between and see you in a month basically! Was just a little worried, I guess!

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 9:49 am 

It could have also something to do with only waiting 3 hrs from ur last opiate to suboxone....definitely should've waited longer than that. Precipitated withdrawal is real and I've heard it sucks. That's why doctors have u wait to be in full withdrawal before ur first dose of sub. Imo u definitely didn't wait long enough. Hopefully ur straightening out by now though.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 7:02 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Jennjenns correct. Your not supposed to take subs until your in hard withdrawal and haven't taken opiates for a minimum of 18-24 hours(way longer with methadone). The doc didn't tell you this?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 10:02 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Negative, the doc didn't tell me any of that!!!! And see, I'm new to this and had no idea, I told him when I last had take opiates, and told me it was fine to go ahead and take the subs!! I was sick all day today puking everything I drank or ate!!! I also felt really high/dizzy and had slight blurred vision! I just took another dose of subs about 30-40 mins ago and feeling slightly light headed... I'm on 8mg/2mg Subl/Bucc Film twice daily. I started taking them at 6:30 in the morning and then another between 7-8 pm. Can anyone tell me if any of these side effects are suppose to happen or is it normal????

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 11:01 pm 

You didnt didn't say just how much of your pills you were taking just before treatment. You are now either bring your tolerance up with the sub or down.
It is possible you are on to much Buprenorphine for the amount of opiate you were to begin with. PW s and bupe overload show some of the same symptoms.
Im no dr as they say, but over the next two days or so you will level off .
Did you have a big or large drug habit the days leading up to your treatment ? Or were you pulling back ?
I do not like telling people how to dose, but you could be taking a bit to much right now. Buprenorphine is a potent medication.

Hope your reading over in Dr Junigs Talkzone. You can find it at the top of the page. He also writes about this subject.
Glad you found us. You will be ok.

Razor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 11:24 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

@Razor, Before my actually first does of subs, I took 30 mg of roxys, and 2-4 hours later took the first dose of subs! Normally on a daily basis before finding treatment I would take anywhere between 5-10 Percocet or roxys a day, usually they would be 10 mg or 15 mg each, if that kinda help see where I'm coming from to try to help me understand this whole thing! Like right now I will doze off then come back to and shakes randomly!!! Kinda has me scared!!! I dont wanna get scared and stop taking the subs bc I actually want to change my lifestyle!! So any info or advice would be greatly appreciated!!! I wanna believe this is some kind of withdrawal symptoms and nothing serious!!!! Is it something I just have to go through a couple of days then it stops??? I'm just lost as to what to do or think I guess! And I called the dr over and over today and he was never in the office!!!!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 10:26 am 

I think this is possibly going to go away, just don't take anymore perks or roxys, just continue with ur suboxone. Oxycodone doesn't stay in ur system really long so u should feel better soon. If ur normal dose was 5 to 10 perk 10s or roxy 15s a day, then ur tolerance should be high enough for suboxone. I can't believe a dr did not tell his patient to wait and be in withdrawal before taking this medicine! That's the first thing we're usually told....makes me very upset at this dr! Let us know how ur feeling :)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 12:04 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

It's now 12:00 and I've thrown up twice already this morning!!! This shit sucks like fuck!!!!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 4:01 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Are you talking about your Dr.?

Because done right, bup is an easy wonderful transition. You likely got both precipitated withdrawals and started on way too high of bup, Read lots here and you'll find you need to say the course w taking bup. If it were me I'd prolly briefly drop the bup dose but keep it at least at 8mg. I may also suggest you read and learn lots about drug tolerance and precipitated withdrawals because that's the issue and mismatch w you right now. it will settle out but will likely take another day or so. Sorry your Dr. screwed up... Head shaking ... Wishing you my best, Pelican

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 9:05 am 

I misread ur post, I thought u said ur dose was 8mg! After seeing pelicans response I reread it and see that ur on 16mg. Considering ur daily opiate tolerance, could be both ur dose is a bit too high and u didn't wait long enough before starting suboxone. The precipitated withdrawal would start getting better by now imo, at least a little bit for sure. If ur still throwing up, drop ur dose to 8mg like pelican suggested. I was taking around 150-200mg of oxycodone a day before I started suboxone and my dose was 16mg like urs. I had zero issues with vomiting or nausea....everyone is different though. I hope u feel better soon!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 6:40 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hi, hope u r feeling better today. I would think a reason u felt terrible is bc u took the sub too early...Dr say wait until u are in full withdrawal to take sub. But I've heard waiting 1 hours after last opiate is OK guess it depends on each person, how much opiates u take how long u have been on it, ur weight ect.... also I wasn't able to take what Dr perscibed me at all, 8mg 2x a day. I have to figure out what worked for me and right now 2 weeks in I'm taking 2mg 3x daily and I'm doing a bit better. I did a ton of reading others experiences & that helped a lot! This in particular site has lots & lots of knowledgeable people. Best of luck to u & plz keep us updated on ur progress. Stay safe

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 6:42 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Updated previous reply: 12 hours after last opiate before taking sub not 1 hour. Sorry!!