It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:18 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: newbie
PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:14 am 
New Poster
New Poster

Hi, Im Hank,New to this topic and forum, I have been hook on Vicodin for 2 1/2 year taking about 50 to 60 !0-325" a day and if i was running low and could only get 20 or so a day would go into sever withdraw Ive spent 70,00 on it this past year alone or somewhere around this number @ 5 bucks a pop its destroyed my fiancees and i was going down fast I came clean with my wife about the abuse but nit the $$ part it almost destroyed my marriage Ive tried for a year to tapper off myself however i just couldn't do it . was just to painful i finally went to a 5 day detox where i was introduced to the miracle Suboxone! but they only keep you 5 days and get you on and off within 4 of the 5 days so after leaving i immediately wanted to score some Vic's but went to my doc who got me in to a sub doc and got me started the very next day only 8-2mg per day but Jesus this saved my life and its been two months and im back to my good self im afraid to stop cuz i ran out early on month and wanted to get some opiates to ease the pain and will never run out again I currently take 4 mg x 2 a day and sometimes take more which leaves me short at end of month however i still have enough to maintain. this stuff is a life saver and Im so grateful to my doc that has been so understudying and helpful, i also do therapy and with 15 yrs. of not drinking i still attend AA Anyone needing to stop this hidious drug (Opiates) then Suboxone is the answer its just that Dos are so dam hard to find due to having limits on there max load most not taking new patents and ones that are the eaiting time for 1st appointment is 1/12 months or longer. GOD Im so happy H

Post subject: Re: newbie
PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 5:50 pm 

Hey hankster and welcome here!

Taking that many hydro's daily should have shut your liver or other organs down so be grateful you didn't die before find recovery with Suboxone. Congrats on getting your life back!

Like you, I've been sober since '87 and used AA to get my life back. Isn't it ironic that now we end up on opiates instead? It's almost the same euphoric feeling that liquor gave me, minus the hangover. My problem is not being able to find a decent meeting nowadays. I know, it's me, not the members. The oldtimers don't accept Suboxone therapy as a treatment method. Too bad, it was the only way I could get clean like you.

If you have good friends at the meetings then you're more than halfway there. Do you have a sponsor still? I need to find a new one and it isn't easy for someone like me. Once again, it's me, not them. I need to get off my high horse and just ask someone to help me get back to where I was years ago.

So congratulations on doing it the right way. Whether or not you stay on Suboxone is secondary to your recovery. Don't think that you have to get off of it just because some others who don't understand it say so. Do what is best for you dude.

Good to have you here as a member. Stick around.

rule

Post subject: Re: newbie
PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:42 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Well said, Rule. I'm another person who has 'danced with a few different partners'-- FIGURATIVELY speaking!