It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:28 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: NEWBIE
PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:50 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hello, I just joined this forum..I have been reading posts on here for months and struggling with opiate addiction for fifteen years..I was addicted to heroin for many years..that led me to do 10 years in prison..i came home in 2010 clean and wanting to be clean...giving birth, two surgeries, and a car accident later..i found myself once again struggling with an addiction..this time to pain pills..I have a nasty habit and havr tried CT twicw now..a friend introduced me to subs and now have made an appointment for induction in 2 weeks...can anyone share their experience and just give me some insight and tips? Thanks and hop everyone is WELL!! :roll: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:46 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Do you have any specific question you want answers to/ help with? What is your habit like right now? Are you going to try and taper down a bit so the transition to suboxone is easier?

I'm here.. I saw your other post but figured I'd respond to this one.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:38 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

we let me begin by thanking you for your reply...my habit is roughly about 200 mgs of hydro a day (if I can afford it) or whatever I can lie steal and cheat to get my hands on other-wise...I try to taper but if I get money most of it goes to pills..if available I buy sub off the street, because thats what I'm wanting ...help...I don't want to get high anymore, but I don't want to be sick either. I guess what I'm wanting is just honesty..what's your story?..What has sub done for you? I havn't had a chance to be on it steady..or to have the therapy that i know I need while taking it...I just feel so horrible noody trusts me anymore and I have screwed over those that have helped me the most..hurt them I justwant my family back and to be a good mommy...I'm trying to juggle being a single Mother, full time student and full time employee...I just hate myself for allowing me to get vack to this point...i did so well, and now I hate myself I'm back to being broke all the time and miserable all I worry about is getting sick...or ending up back on dope and dead or in prison...thank you so much for listening...much love

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:40 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

How much do you think I should taper to to make this easier? I have done a ton of research but its best to know someones personal experience and story... :D :o

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:45 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi freedom909 (is that a date or area code? =) ),

Just want to tell you that you're probably in the right place and not to worry. If you want change but cannot stop taking these soul sucking opiates, then suboxone is a great tool. Seriously, with steady maintenance you'd be surprised what you can accomplish and how your life will start to turn around with a little effort. I was a heavy pill & heroin addict for years. When I decided to start methadone/ suboxone I was at a place where most people didn't want anything to do with me. Those that did, were sick of seeing me fall on my face so they ultimately decided to look away as well. I've come up from absolutely nothing.. NOTHING. I have so much to be thankful for these days and I hold suboxone about 99% responsible for how far I've come. Obviously it was my decision to get on suboxone, take it regularly, and stay out of trouble for the last several years, but without the suboxone itself, I don't think I could have gotten my life together. It is truly amazing what we all can accomplish when we're not spending every waking minute looking for drugs. All that energy (at least for me) went into repairing my life and rebuilding relationships. I never would have thought things would've turned around like this, back then. It can feel like your situation will never change but I promise you, it can. It will.

I was on suboxone for 6 years. I will not lie and say it was a walk in the park the whole entire time. I had some side effects that, in the scheme of things, are pretty minor compared to the big picture. But eventually I got to a place where I felt suboxone was not needed and I wanted to make the next transition to abstinence. This is where I am now but I am still here, on this site, because I feel like I owe it to others to help and share what I've been through.

As for tapering, I suck at tapering and am probably the least qualified to help in that area. I don't think you need to taper... but it could help you a little if you tried towards the end. The hardest part is not using in the last 12-24 hours.. just hold as long as you can and when you can't possibly take it anymore, start sub.

Let us know what your doctor prescribes and how he instructs you to dose.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:30 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Hi freedom and welcome!

I started sub about 15 hours after my last dose of IV dilaudid. I was in detox and as I recall I started on a small dose of sub, like 1 or 2 mg. I got up to 4mg sub and felt great. Then a few days after being home I started waking up sick at 2 in the morning. I was bumped up to 8 mg daily and Today I feel great. I have been on sub almost three years now.

I have had some setbacks and relapsed while on sub. I truly believe sub and some kind of recovery work is the way to go. I have gotten some good treatment and good support since my may 2012 relapse. I feel good and stable and am working on myself.

Congrats on turning your life around and taking steps out of active addiction.

Hang in there until your appointment! You can do this!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:11 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I just wanted to thank you guys from the bottom of my heart for answering and being supportive it means alot...the 909 is just a number i picked haha I love the #9..So anyways thanks for making me feel welcome. It's hard because I don't have anyone I feel I can be totally honest with about where I am today. My family expects me to really have it together and can't understand how in the world I could let myself get to where I am after as much time as I spent in prison. As you all know it's impossible explaining addiction to those that have never struggled with it. It feels good knowing that there are those that have been where I am. I just want my life back. And you are right ALL of my energy goes into trying to find that next one to make me feel normal..better...it's not even about feeling high anymore and I hate being in this place. I am blessed to have found a Doctor to get to me as soon as this. Most othe places I checked didnt have available appts for 2 or 3 months..Yeah I'm like you tapering has never been my thing I've told myself a million times that i'm going to get plenty to last and even made schedules haha yeah right...then that addict whispers to me "come on girl you got plenty!" :lol: anyways I think this forum with be of great help to me...I know that with the sub program there are meetings and such too...do any of you attend meetings? If so what do I expect there? Thanks again and I feel so much love here already..thank you for listening