It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:24 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: NEWBIE
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:45 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Hi everyone! I decided to join this site because being on Suboxone is a lonely thing! I have been sober for 7 years and have been on Suboxone for at least 6 years. No one I know is on it and if others in my life knew they would look "Down" on me. My family does not know and neither do some of my friends. I also work in the field of addiction. It is in my personal record as when I started to take it I told my employer but that was a long time ago. It is interesting to hear what your -co-workers and bosses think about people taking it when they make comments around you. I feel that it has been a life saver for me. I also attend 12 step meetings (not as much as i should :) ) I was a chronic relapser before this so... I did talk to my doctor about getting off of it as I think it is time. So I have set a date of 10/1/12 and I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO scared. I am dependent upon it emotionally and physically so I am not looking forward to the detox. Anyway- I have to run but wanted to say hello and thank you for this site!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:45 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi sober7,

Welcome to the forum!!!

So, you're looking at getting off of Suboxone by Ocotber 1st. Have you been tapering? Are you just gonna jump?

Tapering is usually what we recommend, but we've also had people jump off of decently high doses too.

BTW, it's perfectly normal to be nervous, even scared of getting off of Suboxone.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:13 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

HI :lol:

good luck in your 'future jump'
REALLY!!!! good for you.
AND thats so awesome, seven years is a loooooong time. I remember when I hit 30 days, I thought OMG, really?? did I really just do this?????? LOL

my employer knows Im on suboxone, His father, is actually the 'head pharmacist' at rite aid!!! yes, I live in THAT small of a town!!!! But he's very supportive. He really was VERY supportive, when I first started working for him, I was only in my 3rd week of suboxone therapy, and had to go to the doctor every tuesday afternoon. He was very happy as time went on, and I had to go less often. Now I only go every third month. :wink:

WELCOME
I hope you make some friends here, theres lots of people that have tapered off, or in the process, or are fighting PAWS as I write this entry.

So best of luck
look forward to hearing more from ya :lol:

That's TRUE STRENGTH
http://almostoneyearclean.blogspot.com/

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:09 pm 
WELCOME !

I've not been on suboxone as long as you, but am lonely in that none of my straight friends, or employer,knows jack about it. If they did, I'd be out of a job, but probably wouldn't lose too many mates, at least I hope not.

I was still a chronic relapser until very recently, I can't wait till I've got years under my belt :D

Cheers

H