It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:39 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Newbie
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 6:31 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hello I am new to this and this is my first post.I was never good in English so please bear with me if my punctuation and writing skills are poor. I am going to my first sub appointment tomorrow at 8:00 am, i have already postponed 2 of them and is scared to death. I am a heroin addict but i guess i am what you call a functional addict. I have a full time job that pays me more that enough, to pay my bills and my addition. This is my second go around with this having been caught dealing to supply my habit after 5 years of that, the DEA busted down my door and that was that. I had a choice of jail time or drug court i chose drug court. It took me a 1.5 years to finish that but was clean. I found a good job that payed me more than i needed and got complacent and figure a little shit wont hurt me. What a fool now 6 years later i spend 3/4 of the day chasing doing and general nonsense for heroin. I would probably just keep doing it but in drug court i met a another person in the same boat as me. We started talking and hanging out together and what do you know, she got pregnant. So i have a 6 year old daughter that i love so dearly i would do anything for her. Her mother and i don't live together. So no one know about my addiction no one just me. In the beginning i could buy anything that little angel wanted but lately sometimes i would have to tell her no because i had to keep the money for my shit and that chews into me like a pain that wont go away. I cant begin to tell you the feeling i get when my sweetie looks up at me and tell me she loves me and to pick her up for a piggyback ride. She is so precious. I am old 53 and want to leave her something its not going to happen if i spend all my extra money on that shit. I really hope this works i guess i find out tomorrow. I really happy that there is this forum and can tell someone about my fuck up life. Thank You

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 6:34 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Welcome, dircon! And congrats on taking a great positive step in gaining control over your life! By the time you read this your appointment may already be over. I hope it went well. Either way, just know it's normal to be nervous. Even though it's a very positive change, it's still a HUGE change nonetheless. I predict, however, that you will be very pleased with your sub treatment. Many of us started sub treatment and almost right away felt "normal". Personally, I've been on sub treatment for over 2.5 years and it's had a huge hand in changing my life. Another major factor in that was my own individual therapy.
Please let us know how your appointment went! Good luck and I'll be looking forward to hearing about it. Again, welcome!

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 9:45 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey dircon,

Congratulations on taking that HUGE step forward out of active addiction!! I hope your appointment went well and I hope we hear more from ya.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject: How did it go?
PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 4:50 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hi Dircon.

I understand totally what you said when you referred to not being able to give your little one something they wanted cos you needed your $ for the heroin instead. i have 2 step children that stay with me and my husband every 2 weeks for about 3 days at a time. We have been in that boat, when we wanted to treat the kids but selfishly had to put our own need for heroin first. It is the worst fucking feeling in the world.

But please please if you have started your suboxone stick with it - it helps so much with the daily chasing. And i don't want to sound like a broken record, but the Subs really do make you feel like you are normal and can function normally.

if you are bothered to read some of my previous posts you'll see that i had problems at first with the medication settling into my system but i'm fine now. and i want you to be too. i won't lie and you know it yourself the pull for heroin is HUGE, and i have still had some cravings (mental ones that i gave into a few times) but i take it each day at a time and i am staying on track.

please do let us all know how it has gone.

Take care, lots of love x C x

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 1:00 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hello All And thank you so much for the support. I went to the clinic at 8:00 am this morning and they said that i was not in enough withdrawal and had to wait there for about 3 hours. I thought they give you a blood test and a urinalysis at least. All the nurse did was check my blood pressure and heart rate and look at my eyes. I could have been lying about being on heroin cause i just snorted it, i had no tracks. Well anyway he prescribed me 8mg of subutex,take half in the morning and half at night. I seen the actual doc for about 5 minutes. I am not going through withdrawals but i really don't feel that great i have no appetite a slight headache. Will this get better over time? Do you think i have the proper dosage? The 16 8mg pills were $56 which is nothing compare to buying heroin a 1/4 piece every 2 day. My insurance get this will pay for only 11 pills in a 90 day period plus a $10 copay it don't make sense. I have another follow up appointment on the 9 of June another $140 bucks. I sure hope i feel better tomorrow. Thank you everyone that responded to my post i don't feel so along :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 6:37 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Thanks for the update. Unfortunately, I only have a few minutes to reply right now, but I'll check back in tonight. I just wanted to say that they had you wait that three hours for a very good reason. If they started your sub treatment too soon the chances of you suffering through precipitated withdrawals would have been much higher.

So you feel better, but not great, is that correct? And you took the full amount that the doc gave you? Just try to be patient because it can take a bit of time to stabilize as everyone can respond a bit differently. It can depend on the person's opiate tolerance. But you WILL stabilize and feel better soon! Please feel free to post as often as you need to and ask as many questions as you need to. That's what we are here for! Gotta run. Feel better soon!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 5:12 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hello I want to do some heroin so bad right now :( . I got paid yesterday and its burning a fucking hole in my pocket. I have no appetite, i ate one sandwich since Thursday. I don't feel sick but not right,but it is better than yesterday. Does it take 3or4 days to stabilize? I am going to pick up my daughter in a couple of hours i hope i can handle her. I think her just being here will make me realize what is important in life. Thank you

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 5:46 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I'm so sorry to hear you don't feel so good yet. Unfortunately, yes, it can take a few days to stabilize. What I'm thinking is this - and please keep in mind this is just one anonymous person's opinion - a non-medical opinion at that. The relief one feels when they first take sub will depend on their opiate tolerance. If it's really high it might take them longer to stabilize, especially if they are put on a lower dose of sub. Some people are started on higher doses, like 16 mg or even higher. I'm not saying 8 mg is insufficient, I'm just saying that it's hard to say what someone will need.

Often what a doctor will do it have a person dose a few mg every few hours on their induction day until ALL of their withdrawal symptoms AND cravings are completely gone. Then whatever the total amount of suboxone they took was, that would be their dosage per day for the time being. I hope that made some sense. My fear with you (again, my non-medical opinion) is that perhaps your dose is too low. Now having said that, I could be completely wrong.

Do you think you are still experiencing even some withdrawals? What do your pupils look like? And it sounds like you are definitely having cravings. You don't see your doctor for almost two more weeks....did s/he say that you could call? Regardless, if I were you, depending on what the answer to the above questions are, I would call the doctor and ask for some assistance. That's what the doctor is for. Suboxone should have you feeling much better than you are, in my opinion. Usually difficult transitions happen when the person was on long-acting opiates like methadone, but you were only on heroin, right? At the very least I would tell the doctor that you're having cravings and that you fear you will relapse already. The idea of being on suboxone is that it will saturate the opiate receptors and keep them saturated all the time to stop the withdrawals and keep the cravings at bay without starts and stops. I don't think this is happening for you.

I hope this helps. Just let me know if I need to clarify anything I've said or if you have any questions, but I really think if you don't feel better come Tuesday you should call the doctor (unless they gave you an emergency number to call). I really hope you feel better soon! Hang in there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 7:04 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thank You Hatmaker I just took another 8mg and i do feel better way better. I think when i went to the clinic and they did not see i was all track up and did not UA me, they must of thought i was not much of a addict,wrong when it comes to heroin you can shoot snort smoke rub it on your belly you will get addicted. I was doing at least 2-3 grams a day. Why don't i have a appetite? I am going to call them Tuesday and tell them what i did i hope they don't get pissed. Thank you for your help

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 9:27 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey Dircon,

When I started Suboxone, my appetite changed drastically. It wasn't that I had no appetite, it just changed to different kinds of foods?

Not sure that's gonna help you much, but I wanted to throw it out there for ya.

As far as your Doctor being pissed at you, be honest with them. Tell them you were craving H real bad, let them know you took an additional dose of Suboxone and that it helped greatly.

BTW, I started at 16mg of Suboxone, I wasn't doing H, not sure what 2 or 3g equates to for pain pills, but I was taking about 100 to 150mg of Hydrocodone prior to my induction.

Hang in there man, you can do this!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 8:01 am 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

Hi,

It sounds like you are really struggling and you should be feeling a lot better...so my guess is your dose is too low. You might need16mg, maybe even a bit more, for a couple of months to stabilize but you should have felt pretty good the very first day....like hatmaker said call your doctor, tell them what is going on and get the ok to take more. That way you are following someone else's instructions rather than taking over and prescribing for yourself, you know? That's old addict stuff...

I didn't eat much the first 2 weeks on Sub. I switched from 75mg Methadone (at a clinic) and I felt fantastic the first day on Sub. A few headaches and decreased appetite for 2 weeks but that all went away once my brain stabilized a bit more.

Hope it goes ok for you. Keep going with the Sub. You have too much to live for, and good job getting yourself to the Sub clinic. It's difficult to make that change, even though you know it will be better the unknowns are still scary. I was terrified of going on Sub...and I know a lot about medications! But bottom line is you shouldn't be craving and should be feeling pretty good so it is most likely too low a dose at this point for you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 1:17 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hello And thank you Romeo and chinagirl i did double my dose and what a world of difference i don't really feel like doing nothing but playing with my daughter and my appetite has come back some. No more dull headache or a nauseous feeling . I am almost my self again :D . I was real hesitance at first thinking this shit ain't going to work. Proper dosage is the key. I actual think i can go ride my CR500 which is a handful unless you have all your reflex and senses working properly. Thank You all for you support

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 1:25 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I am so, so glad you feel better. Just be sure to call your doctor Tuesday to let them know. The last thing you want to do is run out early! They can always see you a bit early and just raise your dose or call in a new script. Again, I'm glad for you. With heroin addiction, as far as I know there's just no reason to have a difficult transition to suboxone. It should work great from the moment of induction forward. Enjoy your time with your daughter.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 4:03 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hello Hatmaker You are a very valuable asset to this forum. I am on subutex not suboxone is there a difference beside no naltrexone in subutex? Thank you

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 5:25 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

No, no difference at all besides the naloxone. And thanks for the very kind words. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 12:18 am 
New Poster
New Poster

Hello...I am jeckysmith from USA and i am new member to this forum.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 6:42 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi jecky and welcome to the forum. We'd love to hear more about you when you're ready to share. I hope you stick around and keep posting!