It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:06 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Newbie to sub and forum
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 4:16 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

[font=Arial] [/font] this is my third week taking the 8mg Sub. Although I have to admit to using the first two weeks intermittently. My issues are i have been being treated for severe depression and an anxiety disorder for the last 6-7 years. During the detox Period my depression and anxiety are always at a severly high level as they are currently but loggin on today to look up the side effects of sub and the headaches, insomnia, heightened anxiety are taking their toll. I find myself crying quite often. I've never been like this through a detox or any clean time. I know things will get better :lol: When I'm clean it's the best. I have never taken sub before. Is Suboxone actually the wonder drug for me?
Do you the side effects subside after time?
My depression and anxiety are at an all time low could this be aside effect of sub? Will this dissipate in time?

Has anybody experienced a similar situation? Maybe just some positive reinforcements. I really want my life back. No I want our life back! :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:25 pm 
HI tjk28,

Welcome to the forum. Congratulations on taking a HUGE step in your life, it takes a lot of courage to stop taking your DOC and get on Sub. It will be worth it.
Just like any drug, Suboxone has side-effects. For most people they are very tolerable and with time and getting your dose right they will settle down.
Sub does not normally cause depression, in fact, it often helps with that sort of thing, there's a lot of research going on a the moment with Buprenorphine being used for the treatment of refractory depression with very good results.
Anyway, hang in there, you will feel a lot better soon.
There are a lot of knowledgable caring people on this forum, so stay tuned 8)
Subie