It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:04 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Newbie-- starting Monday
PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 1:03 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hi there,

I just wanted to introduce myself. I'm a 42 year old mom of 2 daughters, 24 years old and 18 years old and have a granddaughter. I've been married now for 23 years.

I came to this place of addiction after many surgeries including open heart for an aortic aneurysm, brain surgery and 3 back surgeries. My DOC is oxycodone. I go to a pain clinic but of course the script never lasts. I went to rehab in December for 2-1/2 weeks and was clean for almost 90 days before relapsing after finding out my husband had been having an affair. I know I should have reached out but I didn't and thus stupidity started using again.

I'm up to between 120-180mg oxycodone 30's per day. I luckily found a Suboxone program that takes my insurance and could get me in Monday. I'm truly scared of being off of my pills for 2 days (have to start tomorrow). My body starts feeling awful after only 5 hours, I can't imagine what I'll be like by then.

Thank you for this group. I'll continue reading and learning. I pray I make it through until Monday. Please pray for me too.

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 1:29 pm 

Welcome Kait,
So so glad you ve found us.
I understand your fears of wd. We get it. We all had to go though it at some point. But tbe reward of freedom is the payoff.
I must say im not a dr but do have experience. Two days seems a little loug. Yes it is ture you must be in mod to sever WD to induct. Can it can be scarcy, but ya must get your tolarance down.

Sorry so short bere, im at work,however i Know otbers will be aloug with suggestions and hope.
Keep posting and make sure ya go over the Dr Js Talkzone blog as well....

Razor..

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 1:33 pm 

Hey Kait welcome!

My doc was oxycodone 30's too at the time of my induction. I had to go 32 hours without anything. My tolerance was around what urs is. I was scared to be sick but I kept telling myself that if I could just get through this, it'd be worth everything. Not having to wake up in misery and chaos worrying about my next fix...... I wanted peace of mind. So I just took it min by min during my withdrawal. I would pace and think about how bad I felt continuously, what I wish I'd done was anything I could to occupy my mind. I know that's easier said than done but I didn't even try. So hopefully u can try to occupy urself somehow to get out of ur own head for a bit.

After the withdrawal process, it was so worth it kait! I finally had peace and I didn't have the awful cravings that had ruled my life for years, I was shocked at how well it helped. I started addiction counseling and suboxone meetings held at my clinic, does ur doctor offer anything like that along with ur treatment?

I attended inpatient rehab also and when it didn't work, I was pretty disappointed and thought I would not ever escape active addiction. Buprenorphine helped save my life and I think you'll be very happy, u just gotta get through this induction phase..... it'll be all worth it in the end.

Good luck!!

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 2:08 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thank you both for your replies! Razor, I thought it was a long time too but I'm almost scared not to follow it even though I know my body and that withdrawals start setting in at 5 hours.

I've read so many positive stories. I pray it goes as well for me!

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 2:11 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

jennjenn wrote:

I attended inpatient rehab also and when it didn't work, I was pretty disappointed and thought I would not ever escape active addiction. Buprenorphine helped save my life and I think you'll be very happy, u just gotta get through this induction phase..... it'll be all worth it in the end.

Good luck!!

Yes! I was so depressed and upset that I had gone and still relapsed. :(. The doctor does require you attend therapy while in the program. I'm actually very thankful for this.

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 7:23 pm 

Well fear can be a great motivation. Yes, listen to your dr but also read and educate yourself . As the others have said you Can do this. We we all could you can too. It is so worth it. I promise.
You have/had about the same tolerance as i did 6 years ago. I made it to induction. So can you.
It is now friday evening. Maybe start pulling back on your intake of op 30s now. Start tbe process of bring down tolarance.
There is also the COWS scale to help you measure your wd. Google it or look for it here on the forum useing to search box. You score yourself and it is helpful.
You arent alone in this, our members and mods will be here for you.....

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 6:26 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thank you razor! I have cut my dosage in 1/2 today and already feeling crappy. I'll take last dose this evening. I guess here we go....

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 6:40 pm 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

how are you doing kait? did you start your induction today?

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 7:08 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I just wanted to thank everyone for their encouragement! I did get started yesterday and so far feeling terrific!! I did have some cravings last night and hoping they go away with time.