It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:36 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Newbie w/questions
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:22 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

So i just started my 'suboxone therapy' w/an 8mg tab taking 2mgs the first 2days,1mg the next 3days and 1/2mg the last day leaving me 1/2mg left today. I am happy to say this has taken care of all my wd symptoms & for some reason i even smoke less cigs! Today i decided to try the strip for the 1st time,needless to say i wasnt prepared for the fast dissolution & swallowed most of my dose :( Is it safe for me to take my 1/2mg tab or should i just use another strip? Is it safe to switch back&forth between sublingual tabs & strips?

Post subject: Re: Newbie w/questions
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:11 pm 

What mg was the strip you have taken?
You may have gotten plenty of sub in your system with it.
Are you havi g simptoms of wd or cravings now? Is this why you want to take the tab now?
...it is safe to switch from films to tabs. Nothing wroug with doing that...its all about the absorption rate....razor..

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:22 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Are you tapering off Subs, or staying on 1/2 mg/day?

-- ji

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 10:15 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thanks for the quick response! Right now im looking to stop. At the end of my therapy ill have taken about 20mgs total,im worried about how ill feel once im done;am i gonna wd from suboxone?? Ive been able to taper down w/no trouble at all;in fact ive had a great experience, suboxone worked & i am ecstatic to be feeling "normal" again(not that im all that normal to begin with lol). Now i need to know when its gonna be outta my system? My dentist appt is coming up & ill need to take pain meds after my surgery-i need them to work! Mouth/tooth pain is the worst to me!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:16 am 

Ok, so your useing it for detox only.
You shkold be fine when yoj step off.little to no wd.
Cravings though, how you going to deal with that? Plus, these painpills could set you off to the races again. Idk, maybe johnny I could help here too....best of luck

Razor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 7:56 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Yeah i heard that wd starts 3-4days after you stop;well thats par for the course w/me,so...Im just grateful that today was easy,no wd symptoms at all,but im ready for it:plan to sleep my way thru any &all wd issues! Is it true allergy meds will help w/wd? I decided to detox-from H- b/c i didnt like how fast my tolerance went up,& how sick i felt if i didnt do any;i never had that happen b4 & it scared me straight! Plus my friends started shootin it to even feel high & i drew the line there! Now a few ppl are away at rehab,a few in jail b/c they started robbing ppl...And i never want to hurt somebody just to get high. Thank god i found this forum & u guys to turn to for info that im too embarrassed to ask my family. I learned a quick-but hard-lesson about using H,i hope my friends 'smarten up' soon b/c its hard to see them sick and/or doing ridiculous things for money....As far as pain pills sending me into a relapse,my plan is to take them the 'right' way(not crush&snort) & keep some suboxone on deck just in case. Also,(im gonna toot my own horn a bit here)i live next to a H supplier,work w/2 others,& of course some of my friends still use&ask me if id like any b4 they,like,cook it up or whatever-and ive been strong in my recovery. Was i tempted? Hell yeah! Esp the 1st couple of days after starting suboxone;but w/the support of my fam & you guys on here-Ive made it! That & the fact that ive made sober friends has made me see that i dont Need H to have a good time or fit in. Thank you again lol Seriously :)