It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 1:33 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Newbie Intro
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:55 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Hey everyone,

I've been following this forum for a while and I think it's definitely the best resource for suboxone on the net, not only in the support aspect but the recovery-orietated nature of it. I had to sign up because I plan on being on Suboxone for a long time and I do know a lot about it, but from time to time I do have questions and it helps relating to others.

I am a male in my early 20s. So a little history about me.
I grew up different, never really fit in, wen't to a Christian school, and was diagnosed with bipolar disorder as a young child. I was always creative though and expressed myself through writing, violin and eventually guitar which I still do. When I was 14, I started smoking pot and occasionally doing other drugs but I wasn't really into pills for a while yet. I was really into the psychedelic scene for a while, LSD was my real drug of choice but then something happened.

When I was 18, a supposed friend of mine's mom got into a car accident and injured her back and her doctor gave her the Oxy IRs. k56s. I wasn't big into them at first, but my friend who sell or trade for her mom because she'd rather have weed I guess. At first, I wasn't really into them, maybe traded a little weed for it every now and then, but slowly, there were things that I grew to love about nodding out, sleeping like a baby, and numbing my emotional and physical pains. It wasn't long before I grew to love those pink little pills and I probably ended up spending around 3 grand on them in a year. Sickening.

Then when I wasn't on them, I started to notice what everybody addicted to opiates eventually gets, withdrawl. And it was never the type of withdrawl that was so bad that I'd throw up. But I'd wake up at night, every two hours in a pool of cold sweat and through out the day I would get hot and cold flashes at the same time, and it be harder and harder to work. Even after a week of toughing it out, they wouldn't go away completely and I didn't feel normal. This escaladed things and I ended up developing different connections and snorting H, popping OP oxys, occasionally the old ones but rarely, morphine which I never liked much, dilaudid, methadone, and then hydrocodone which was probably my second favorite to the IRs. Sometimes I would pop 10 IRs and and 6 ten mg hydros all at the same time everyday for months. I was worried I'd have liver damage eventually and die. I was suicidal this whole time too. Things just got worse and worse and I eventually hit rock bottom. Hurt everyone I loved. Did a LOT of crazy fucked up shit I would never normally do. Spent thousands and thousands and thousands on pills.

I wen't to rehab a total of 4 times in the last 6 years of my life. The 3rd time was more so just detox and that's where they put me on subutex and later suboxone and I remember thinking, "If only I had the insurance and a doctor who'd take me in, this would end this whole mess." I never thought that would happen for me. It was so sad hearing how hard it is paying for suboxone treatment and finding it where I live.

After I got out of there, I was on medical leave from work and spent a month locked in my room, doing every drug known to mankind and it was probably the darkest time of my life where I didn't know if I wanted to live anymore. But my AODA counselor who had been seeing me since I was 14 got me into this really nice rehab center after I applied for insurance through their company. I was hesitant at first as it was a long-term program but I eventually went there and went through significant withdrawal.

While I was in there, the manager told me that I may be right for suboxone and that there was this new program opening up close to where I lived. I told him I couldn't afford it and he helped me out getting the insurance, filling out the paperwork and getting a refferal. I've had such bad luck my whole life with medical bills, me and my family have never had any assistance with medical whatsoever. I waited for months to hear back from them and stayed clean after I got out of the treatment center. Still, I really didn't feel like myself again and had cravings.

But one day, out of the blue, I got a calling from someone from the suboxone doctors office that said my insurance went through and that I had been accepted into the program. I couldn't believe it. I was so happy.

I met with the doctor who really is a great person and told him my history and he decided I'd be right for the program. I started August of this year on 8mgs a day and now am up to one 8mg tab in the morning, and one 8 mg tab at night. And its so great that my insurance covers everything.

Suboxone has helped me get my life back. Everything is really starting to turn around for me. I love getting up in the morning. I love going to sleep and not waking up in a pool of cold sweat every two hours. I love saving my money and spending it on my music There's still a lot of stuff I need to work on and repair but I know I can get there. I continue with AODA and meetings I know I like.

That's my story summed up pretty well there. I'm looking forward to adding my input to this community. Thanks for reading. Any questions or comments, feel free to ask!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:52 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Hi and welcome to the forum!

You wrote a really nice intro. It soundss like addiction really took you to some bad places and Im glad you were able to get on sub. Dr Junig, the owner of this forum, believes that sub can really benifit young people. He says younger people seem to have a harder time staying sober after opiates and should stay on sub for as long as they need to. I agree with him. Do you or your doctor have a time frame on how long you will be on subs yet?

I was diagnosed bipolar at the age of 30. Im 40 now. I had a hard time accepting that diagnpsis and thought it was all bullshit until recently. Looking back, I can see that some of my behavior and ways of thinking are a bit odd. I have been in the mental hospital manic a few times as well I am now on lithium and feel very stable and good. Do you take any other meds besides sub?

Im glad you are working on your addictive behaviors and getting support. Sub is a great tool but I believe we need more help than just sub. Im glad you posted and keep up the good work! I hope to see you stick around here and post some more.