It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 1:11 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 12:09 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hi All,
I got addicted to pain pills after I hurt my back. I was 27 woman with the kind of back injury the doctors recon they only see in 40year old brick labours. Squished disc. The operation was a success, but for no reason I can articulate I took the rest of the pills and got hooked. Hooked hard.
Skip ahead six years and my kidneys liver are not looking so flash. rest of my life not looking to good either, friends peeling away, job on shaky ground, Lover at wits end, everything slipping away.( divorce in there somewhere. )
Then I asked the Doctor to put me on the program. I'm on 16 a day, its been about 4 months and I can already say THIS IS FOR ME.
I tried other ways to stop my addiction and just wished I tried this years ago.
I already feel my old self returning, I can see an end to it all now. I don't lay awake at night chanting a dark manta of "when will it end? when will it be over?"
I have a lot of questions,
I know there is a long way to go, but six years on the bup has gotta be better than what I was doing to myself before. Hey! I don't even vomit blood anymore!

....so hello everybody. its nice to meet you.F

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 10:46 am 

Hello fiasco :)

I can definitely relate to how u feel. I've been on suboxone for close to four years now and I'm as thankful today as I was the day I realized how awesome this medication is. I used for yrs and tried everything from detox to inpatient rehab and nothing helped me long term. I always fell bk into using because of the intense cravings I'd had. When I went for my induction on suboxone, I still thought there was no hope for me. And I remember saying to my boyfriend (he isn't an addict) that this probably won't work but it's the only thing I haven't tried. When I realized I could live normal again, I couldn't believe it. And, like u said, I wished so bad that I'd tried this sooner to avoid everything I lost during my active addiction. I literally lost everything. But I try not to think about the past and just be thankful for today. If I hadn't found sub when I did, I'd been dead by now.

I love reading people's stories who have found the peace that I have. I always remind myself of how lucky I am to not be out there anymore and not having to deal with the sickness. And ur family and loved ones will see the change in u, just give it a little bit of time.

Glad ur here and good luck with everything!!!!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 10:14 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Welcome to the forum Fiassco! Jennifer always relates how sub can work. I can tell you my adult daughter sent me a text 4-6 months after I started sub treatment. It said "I don't know what you did but you are my old mom again". That alone told me I made the right decision. The only thing that maybe worth a try would be to drop down to 12mg a day. Talk toyour doc first