It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:00 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 1:59 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

[foHint=Comic Sans MS] [/font]
Hi All,
All I am reading is scaring me. I mean, I'm not naive, I'm ready for the crash, but I've only got 10 days(after a 5 yr pill addiction,following stopping drinking 5 yrs ago), did the pheno patch, always at least 8- 7.5 vics,then morphine 60mg/day plus 4 - 15 mg roxy for breakthru, still including the vics. Anyway, got caught by insurance co. and was discharged from the morph, with a 10 day taper of sub, day 1 with 4 and so on.
So, took the 1st 4 this am, was great! high with tingles, now is changing into I don't know what yet, I just feel it coming. Every post I've seen around, people are on the sub for months, years even....what good is 10 days gonna do, where will I be at day 11??? Please, someone who has been there, I'd love some feedback....be gentle, please :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 2:15 pm 
So, how much Suboxone do you have? And you're OFF all of the other opiates right now? Do you have 8mg subs? Just a few more details, then we can help ya out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 2:33 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Hi, thanks
yes, I stopped everything, meaning 60 mg ER, 60 mg short term ,and about 6-8 7.5/250 vicoprofin a day, last day was Sun eve with 2 vics, last extended morph was Sun. morning. Nothing since then at all, nothing yesterday, and this morning i woke up and was there, so I took first dose of 4 2mg. I have 20 pills total. 4,3.2,2,2,1,1,1,1. Then what?

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 5:12 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

on a mission wrote:
Hi, thanks
yes, I stopped everything, meaning 60 mg ER, 60 mg short term ,and about 6-8 7.5/250 vicoprofin a day, last day was Sun eve with 2 vics, last extended morph was Sun. morning. Nothing since then at all, nothing yesterday, and this morning i woke up and was there, so I took first dose of 4 2mg. I have 20 pills total. 4,3.2,2,2,1,1,1,1. Then what?

I'm not a doctor, even though my picture is Dr. House. I just like House

Did you get your pills from a doctor? Did they tell you to do that?

That should work out ok for you, maybe 4,3,2,2,2,1,1,1/2,1/2,1/2 (2 days later),1/2 (2 days later). Who knows though. Span it out a bit. Suboxone has a mean half life of 37 hours, so it lasts quite a while in your system. I have no clue after you stop if you'll have withdrawal or anything but it might make it a bit easier at least. I'm not a doctor like I said.

The problem is after you're done, you will have cravings, and its easy to relapse. Initially you may feel good because you were able to stop but eventually you will miss it more and more.

Keep us posted and tell us how its going, and afterwards tell us how you're doing.

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 10:37 pm 
That's pretty much the plan (4, 3, 2, 2, 2, 2, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1). Even if you tinker around with that breakdown, by one pill here, half pill here, blah blah blah....it's really not going to make a big difference. You're going to experience some sort of withdrawal no matter what. I'm not a doctor, but I think just having the 20x2mg subs will actually help you out. If you had a bunch of 8mg subs, you might get too "locked in", and experience more significant withdrawal in the end. Basically, the few 2mg subs you have will be just enough to allow you to "ride the wave" in the next few days, and experience fairly mild withdrawal symptoms.

I'm not sure how much sense that makes, but there ya go!

Take care and keep checking in.

Patrick

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 10:54 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Patrick,
thanks for your input, so, this morning, I'm thinking after reading blogs and forums yesterday...nobody had said a word about 2mg pills, I hadn't paid any attention to the bottle of pills,and this morning I looked and the bottle said 8mg. I called the pharmacy, they confirmed that yes, they were 8. So I called the doc who had discharged me and given me this script,and they told me to go return them for the 2mg, and just finish it the right way, which would have had me taking, 32 mg, 24 mg, then 2mg,2mg,2mg and done. So, I'm thinking, break up the pills into 2 mg, and try to do it their way, but I'll have a few extra to keep weaning if I need to.
My whole problem is my daughter graduates on June 4th about 8 hrs away drive, alone and throw her a party, etc, and want to know what is going to be best. After that, I'll go through anything...but I have to have it together...what are my chances....I also have acess to one last refill of 180 vics, that no one knows about...and wonder if I should go through a rough 30 hrs or so and take the vics till I get back, then go on the sub again. I want to be free, but, I do have a serious back problem, stenosis and fused vertabrae...I am SO confused....please, any sugestions would be so appreciated...scared and lost, for the moment...annie

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 2:12 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I am new to Suboxone myself but I think from what I have read if you are on Suboxone and start taking Vic. you will have Precipatated withdrawls. Another words you will get sick. My Dr. started me out on one 8mg per day. I took them for about 5 days. Then I started taking half(4mg) one time per day. I then started taking one quarter(2mg) and I really cannot tell any difference. I think I will quit all and see what happens. I wish you good luck and with Gods help and suboxone you can whip this addiction. You may read more on this forum and get better advise. This forum has really helped me. Agaln Good Luck! :D