It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:44 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:20 am 
New Poster
New Poster

Hello Everyone, I hope I'm posting this correctly. I was snooping around the net and saw the good Doctors YouTube videos and decided to sign-up. My story... I don't think we have the time nor am I up to it at present. But I DO have a couple things I'd like to bounce off of you. 1) I understand when they say..."don't complain about the cost of the Suboxone office visit... you blew that much every DAY when you were using"... However - ARE there facilities out there that actually utilize your health insurance to help recover or even PAY for your visit? I am paying $200.00/mo for a visit. Yes...may not seem like that much but it rolls around so fast and it IS quite a chunk of change. 2) Has ANYONE had ANY experience with ARS aka ACCESSIBLE RECOVERY SERVICES? I see that they opened an office in my hometown and it'd just be great if I could jump ship from my present doctor to eliminate the 45 mile one way drive. I called and placed my name on the proverbial "list" in March OF 2009 and for the life of me I can't get a call back or an email and I've been calling every month! Anyhow - and I guess this is legal... MAJOR kudos to my Sub-facility in Monaca PA. Pain Center - Great people. That's it... I'm 53 - have been abusing since I was probably 16 - hit bottom about 3 years ago - have been on "Orange" since and have no plans to quit. 4 to 8mgs a day. Great Site....ZZ

Post subject: Welcome
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:15 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Welsome to the forum and I am sure some of our regular posters will be by soon to welcome you too. I am on methadone and a bit uninformed on the suboxone procedures so I can not answer your questions accurately But hang on I know help is on the way.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:23 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

My insurance covers my doctor's visits and meds (except my copays). But be aware that many sub doctors (for whatever stupid reason) don't take insurance, but rather cash only. But you can easily call around to different sub doc offices seeking one that accepts your insurance.

There are about 4 sub doc locators online: naabt.org, suboxone.com, suboxone-directory.com, and samhsa.gov. They each have their own locator service on their site and they often have different doctors on each site (there may be some double listings, but definitely check each one).

I hope this helps with at least one of your questions. Good luck. And welcome to the forum. :)

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:16 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hey zoo! i am new here but i live in the western pa area. i know u posted a little while ago but there are docs that take insurance(mine Does)I have to pay $20 a visit and copay on sub. But It sure beats the paying full out of pocket. If you are near the pittsburgh area look up some docs call and see. the ones I called before i picked one all took insurance. I am going to throw this out there.. any doc who doesn't take insurance who have me questioning their intentions. I want a doctor who does care about my recovery not just making $$$. Good luck !