It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 5:37 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:26 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Obviously first time posting as I have been secretly stalking this page since I made my appointment last week. I am currently in withdrawal and not thrilled have considered 10 times in the past 2 hours to just say screw it and take a ride to my dealers:( but I am stroger then that I hope lol. The Dr told me to be 24hrs without but I know my system and knew I could not go that long in withdrawal so i took half of doc last night at 6 so i could fall asleep had a crappy night tossing and turning.it will be appox 17 hrs before induction off of roxy 30s do u think ill be fine

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:31 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Might be too late to help but if you were taking an extended release oxycodone you may be in for a world of hurt if you induce too early. (search precipitated withdrawal) Hopefully, your provider will review what you have been taking and use a rating scale to assess the level of withdrawal you are experiencing.
Either way, once you start the Suboxone stay the course...

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:15 pm 

Hey kaykayjenn!

I have a niece that we call kaykay, her name is Kayla. And the last part of ur username is jenn! How cool is that? Pretty cool to me :)

U got an awesome answer from one of our doctors here so that's pretty great. My doc at the time of my induction was oxycodone 30's too. I waited 32 hours. It wasn't pleasant but it was what my doctor told me to do and I was afraid not to do exactly what he said. I turned out feeling great by the time I left his office that evening. Hopefully u will also.

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:19 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hi there! I know ny post earlier was a bit off the wall as I was going thru fierce withdrawal. I figured I would come back to let you know that I made the right decision and followed thru qith my appointment. I was completely honest with my Dr. About when and what the last time I used was. He expressed that all tho he would prefer 24 hrs. He could work with my 18. Started me on 4mg and came in 45 min later and I was not feeling so hot and gave me thw other 4 I must say that I feel great minus the slight headace ive had since yesterday. I have to go back tomorrow as he wanys a day 2 induction where he thinks I need 12. Anyways thats my story for now. I will check back in tomorrow. Thanks for all the info on this forum it made this milestone a bit more achievable

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:27 pm 

Welcome to your new life Kay.
Good job. Induction can be a little tricky because of tbe wd bjt you made it. We are all very proud of you.

Listen to your dr. Let him/her do the driving for a time. 12 mgs is a nice healthy dose to begin with. Your to feel normal and have a sence of well being .

I started at 16mgs to 12 for the first 14 to 16 months and felt fine. So...keep reading and cheak out Dr Junigs Talkzone blog. Good stuff there too..
Congrats...Razor