It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:52 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Newbe
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 3:02 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hi everyone am new to the forum. I have been reading alot of the post though and have found it to be very helpful . I have been taking opiates for 10 years for back pain and like others have become addicted and had to use more and more to get the same relief. I have spent alot of money over the last 10 years. I lost my home, job ect. All for nothing except a dead end.
I heard about suboxone just recently. I was afraid to try it but I did and am very glad I did. The problem is my shrink said I could only take it for 4 months. I don't know if she understands me . I ask her what I was suppose to do for the pain and she said the pain will always be there.
I am using my iPhone to communicate as I don't have my computer available at this time so I will try and keep up as best I can. I just wanted to say hi and let everyone know I am glad I found the forum to share on.
If there is anyone in Houston Texas please let me know I would like to know if anyone has a doctor in case mine bails on me.
Take care and talk with u soon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 12:56 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Greetings TX, glad you found us too. This is a wonderful place with wonderful people. There is TONS of valuable info on this sight and you will get what you need if you stick around and discover all the tools to help you help yourself stay clean. There will be many replies to come and advise on how to locate a doctor to help you with your pain and addiction. You've come to the right place. Congrats on your recovery...

Post subject: Welcome
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 1:37 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Hey tx wdlcome to these great forums. I am on a time limit with my dr. As well. When I started with him he gave me a 1 month time limit. After a relapse and a lengthy, honest discussion he sort of saw the reality of my situation and now i am on a 6 month program...point is, don't worry too much as things will work out in the end. Just focus on your recovery and in the meantime maybe look around for a different prescriber in your area. I know there is a national website where you type in your zip and it will show all dr.s that prescribe in your area. Also, I type and visit these forums from my iphone as well, its really easy...anyways welcome, and best of luck.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:07 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thanks for the welcome. Stillprodigy u said to find another doctor in case mine folds on me. Do u tell the new dr. U were in tx and that they would only tx u for a certain time won't they think u r just dr. Shopping?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:37 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Tx you dont have to tell the Dr anything you dont want too. But my advice to u is to be honest ith him and tell him your concerns about your treatment and for right now you are looking for long term treatment due to your pain issues. Have u explained your concerns bout this with you Dr t all?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:57 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Not sure what u mean by tx...What I did, and remember this is just me, is I told my current dr. that I wanted to be on subs long term. I told him that I hav had multiple unsuccessful attempts at getting clean via subs methadone and rehab. I told him that I needed a longer term program if I had any chance at getting this right. I also shared a link to suboxonetalkzone and told him about dr. J. It was a risk telling him because I know a lot of dr.'s that might have big egos but I felt that he would be understanding. Only you know your dr. And how he would reapond so it's up to you...part of my recovery is learning to be honest. It seems to be working so far...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 5:06 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Sorry tx is abbrev for treatment. I did tell her about my pain that's why I took opiates and she didn't seem to be to concerned about it. She has her specialty in painamagement and addiction and she prescribed ibuprofen for pain which does nothing. I still have some pain even with sub but it ( the sub) kind of takes ur mind off of it. I guess I will have to talk to her more about it.
Thanks for all the advice. I'll keep reading and keep in touch.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 5:16 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Maybe i'm wrong but isn't it illegal for a MD to prescribe subs for pain?