It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:52 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: hi, I'm a newb :)
PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 12:01 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Good morning, just thought I'd swoop by and introduce myself. You can call me Fisher or Fish or even Fishy (I'm a girl)...have been stalking the site from afar for the last year and a half. Finally yesterday I decided to post in the StoppingSuboxone section to document my journey off of Suboxone .5mg using the liquid taper method. So you can read/follow it if its something you're interested in. So far I think its going to be fantastic!

I am going to add here (as I did in my tapering post) that by no means am I anti-sub. In fact, i am very pro-sub! Its a fantastic breakthrough in a field of medicine that has not ever had much previous success in keeping people clean (or even alive for that matter)

im pretty sure i would either be sitting in a prison somewhere, or most likely dead if i had not made the choice to get suboxone treatment.

I also think probably a large percentage of us addicts should stay on it for life. Who knows, I may be one of those people too. But I have a strong internal pull to taper off the medication after being on it for 1.5years. If, at any time during or after the taper I feel that demon coming back out from inside of me, I will go back on subs indefinitely:)

but I would like to give it a shot, and I have made so many positive healthy life changes and away from using that I feel confident I can do this, and even more confident now that ive joined the conversation :)

Real excited to finally be part of this community! So many strong,supportive, articulate and kind people here. :)

Post subject: Re: hi, I'm a newb :)
PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 3:22 pm 

Welcome Fish :)

Congrats on ur taper! Glad u joined to let us be a part of ur journey. I don't know if u have read evolved revolver's thread yet but if u haven't then u should check it out. He has had so much great info. I'm not even ready to stop subs and I made sure to read every single word lol very smart. I'm an extremely pro sub supporter also and def recognize where I'd be right now if I hadn't chose sub as a tool for me to enter recovery. So glad u posted and hope to hear more from u :)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 4:59 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Thanks jennjenn! Its nice to already get so much support only my second day here!! Glad there are so many of us out there to help each other :) congrats on your recovery as well!!

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 8:07 pm 

Hi Fishy! I like your name and we're glad to have you here.

I think it's wonderful that you've made lots of positive, healthy changes in your life to help you stay away from your active using days. From what I've seen here, only people who feel that internal drive to get off of sub are successful. And I mean ultimately successful. I've seen those people who have eventually gotten off sub slip up, but also learn from their mistakes and use them and eventually make it.

So good luck on your way and let us know how you're doing! :)

Amy

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 10:16 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Amy,
Thanks so much for the warm welcome! (As well as for commenting on my post in the family section!) I really am looking forward to becoming part of the community. I hope someday even after my taper is complete, I can stick around and help out others on the forum!