It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:25 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:03 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

My name is Steve and I'm from N.H. I have been on this awful rollercoaster of a ride on methadone for over 8 years, 3 of which have been part of my detox. It's been bad enough where I ended up in the E.R. twice, and I never go to the dr's. My plan has always been to switch to Suboxone, or a generic version, ever since I heard of it. Now time is getting close.
I don't want to rush it and make myself sick again, but I don't want to take my time detoxing either. I just want to continue my detox, and was told I could do it much faster and much less painfull if I got onto Suboxone. I'm down to 32mg of meth and was wondering if you really need to be @ 30mg or lower to be accepted by a Suboxone dr. One place I called wanted me down to 10mg, but if I get down to there, I may as well just stay on the methadone and finish my detox. Where I go now, if we are on ANY psych meds, we get no takehomes, so because of the Klonopin I take, I'm there 365 days a year. One of my ?'s is, is there some sort of average amount of times you have to see the dr. in a month if you recieve Suboxone? Like, do most people see the dr. 2x's a month, 4 x's, etc? Do you get your med from him, or can you go to a pharmacy to pick up? I know that you need to be feeling some w/drawals, but who makes the decision as to how bad someone feels. Like me, I'm detoxing faster than I'd like, so I already feel crummy. I have NO desire to stay on Sub, just to finish my detox w/it. I've heard that Soboxone is called methadone"light", and I'll take ANYTHING that's easier that methadone to detox from.
Has anyone gone from methadone to Suboxone to detox, and if so, how long do you need to be on Suboxone before you can start the detox phase? I've done plenty of research on methadone sites, and one of them says you can detox fairly painlessly in 3 or 4 weeks off Suboxone, you just have to take it easy at the low doses and jump off at a real low dose. Is this true? I also read that some people get sick from the Naltraxone in Suboxone, so they get switched to either subutex or buphenorphine(sp). Has anyone heard of this also?
I have so many ?'s, but it seems like I can't get answers unless I pay the $350.00 just to see the dr., nevermind getting on the med, so I have to ask them here. Sorry if the ?'s I ask have been answered a million times.
I figure if I stay on methadone till the end, that's another year and a lot of $, but even if it takes a month or two to detox of Suboxone I'll be saving a ton of money, even though Suboxone is more expensive. Being at 30mg of methadone, is there an average starting dose of Sub. Luckily, there is a dr. just down the road from me taking patients, but I need to wait a couple days for the nurse to get back to me. I'd like to have some knowledge before she calls with some info.
Does 3 weeks to a month sound about right in the time it will take to detox from 30mg's of methadone if I get started on an "average" dose of Suboxone? I know everyone is different, but IS there an average dose that someone like me would start on? I was told that 6-12mg's is average, and anything higher than 16mg a day is too much. Again, does this sound about right for the "average" person?
I thank all who answer in advance, even if it's just some advice, or just their opinion.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 1:34 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

So you only want to use suboxone/bupe in order to get off the methadone? Unfortunately I have no experience with that, but I'll try to answers some of your questions. I also want to add that recent studies are showing that short-term sub use has high numbers with regard to relapse. Just something to think about.

When going from methadone to sub, it's important to lower your tolerance, which is the reason you need to be at or below 30 mg of methadone, and stable at that lower dose (not just at 30 mg for a couple of days). Yes, you have to be in withdrawals when you start sub, but because methadone is so long acting, tolerance also becomes an issue in order to avoid precipitated withdrawals.

The number of visits sub patients need per month is dependent on their doctor's policies. It's not unusual to go back in one week after induction, again in a week or two, then usually once a month after that. Some doctors give you the sub pills during your induction, others get them at the pharmacy and induce at home. Some pick up the pills and take them to the doctor's office for induction. After induction it's just a regular prescription filled at your pharmacy.

Naltrexone is not in suboxone, you're thinking of naloxone (which is not in subutex). A few people do get headaches from the naloxone (which is essentially inactive when taken as directed, sublingually). They address that by spitting out after the pill dissolves instead of swallowing (if their doctor won't give them subutex).

There isn't really a guideline for starting dose, whether on methadone or full agonists/regular pain meds. Some doctors start people out at 8, others at 24 mg. Usually the induction dose is higher than the dose the person eventually stabilizes on. In other words, once the person is stabilized they go to the lowest effective dose.

I hope this helps and answers some of your questions. Oh, and welcome to the forum!

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:28 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I don't really have anything to add to what Hatmaker wrote, just wanted to chime in and wish you luck with this.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 5:22 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I thank you for your fast response. I know it sounds like I'm trying to take the fast, easy way out, but after being sick for 3 years straight and never using, not even once, I feel this is my best bet. I still have zero desire to use. Like I wrote before, too many bad memories that almost split my family apart. I also get nervous that my $ will run out and I'll be stuck at a dose of either meth or Sub that is too high for me to jump off from, which would lead to a possible relapse when my $ runs out, and I don't want to go back doing the things I was doing to get the money I needed. Where I get my dose, no $, no dose. They don't offer a pay scale, they just take cash. This is why I want to get this done as fast ( and SAFE) as possible. I honestly thought that after 2 years detoxing from methadone, I'd be done by now, but w/winter coming, my money needs to be streched in all directions so I don't freeze this winter. I was kinda hoping that my Christmas present to myself would be me finishing my detox on Suboxone.
I was hoping that I would get some responses from people who detoxed off Suboxone and are here just to offer support or answer ?'s that come up, like this one. I'm curious as to how long people were on it, how long it took for them to detox, how slow they went, and what their max dose was before their detox started. Stuff like that. I don't need height, weight, or methadone dose, because that doesn't matter. It all depends on someones' metabolism. I know some small girls that take almost 300mg's of methadone, but I only needed 125mg.
Anyways, thanks again for any responses.

Post subject: Hello
PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:28 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi, Quadro,

I'm queenie. Nice to meet you. I just want to quickly tell you about my sub dosage, since that seems to concern you a lot.

I guess it's different for everybody. I have been on & off subs(surgeries) for 2 years. Each time I went on subs my dose was 8 in the a.m. & 8 in the p.m. My sub dr. retired. Now my new Sub dr. gave me 8 in the am & 12 in the pm. I must admit I feel better than on 8 & 8. Not high, just normal but I eat better & sleep better, I was addicted to percocets. Subs work on people using all different types of drugs. It's an amazing drug. I see my doctor once a month. I get an rx for a month. Like I said it's different for everybody. Some people are on it for chronic pain. I have learned so much here.

Keep writing to us. You will find a lot of people here that want to help.

Love & hope, Queenie

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 12:04 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey Quad I haven't much to add to what hatmaker said either she pretty much hit everything. I'm so happy you found us and if tapering off of methadone and sub is what you're intent on doing then I don't mean to discourage you by anything I say. It truly blows my mind that a methadone clinic can charge over $300.00 per month. Methadone is by far one of the cheapest medications to make I just have no idea how they get away with charging that much other than I'm sure they force you to go to counseling and pay for drug screens doctor visits etc. Now I can't say for sure but given the recent study Dr. Junig posted about counseling making NO difference whatsoever in whether a Suboxone patient stays clean I'd be willing to bet that requiring methadone patients to go to counseling/group therapy is just another result of non addicts ignoring actual science and just assuming that us opiate addicts are such screwups that we have to have counseling. Lol if only diabetics were forced into weekly/monthly counseling sessions to recieve medication or cardiac patients lol wonder how long that would fly! And yet the majority of individuals with heart disease and type II diabetics I know are unhealthy mainly as a result of being overweight, smoking, refusing to eat healthier diets, or exercising. Anywho I am curious if your clinic is run by a for profit company? I'd be willing to bet they are as most are nowadays. In spite of all the nonsense that people are content to put addicts in recovery through I have to add that statistically essentially all opiate addicts that stop taking maintenance medications end up using again. I'm by no means saying it will be you or that you shouldn't trying going off of everything I'm just wanting to make sure you know what you're up against. As much as I hate feeling sometimes chained to Suboxone I know that staying on it is the best chance I have against relapse and losing everything in my life that I've gotten back by not using. I guess I just really see it as insurance and I'm just not willing to risk things anymore, I've already lost too much. Given the things people with cancer or people with other potentially deadly diseases have to deal with it's not that big of a deal being on Suboxone. Anyways I'll be pulling for you and please feel free to PM me or the other moderators or post any questions you might have. Take care and welcome :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 4:31 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Just thought I'd give a heads-up. I already detoxed from methadone before, so I know how much of a bear it is. This time I'm doing it right. I lost ALL my drug-using friends and am making new ones that want to be sober as much as I do. I never lost the love of living. I know the % of people that relapse, that's why I want to be in the minorty. This 2nd time around is 100 x's as bad as the first time. It's too nice to have money to go golfing, fishing, out to eat, etc. This is why my desire to use is gone. I'd rather have fun a few times a week then use once. 3 grams of H a day was my DOC. When I went back to the clinic, I made sure to burn all my bridges with whom I could buy from. Plus I have already given my mother a nervous breakdown, and that stays very fresh in my head.
As for the clinic, in N.H., they are all for profit and the funny thing is, I DON'T see my councilor, and I only get drug tested once every month, so yeah, my money goes straight into their pockets. I know the average price is between .50 to $1.00 a dose. It makes me sick to even think about it. Liquid handcuffs. May as well call it a drug that doesn't allow you to do anything unless there's a clinic near-by. I need a vacation, but can't unless I host-dose, and I don't want to make plans around a clinic.
Anyways, I go to NA, have a sponsor, go to a phychitrist and psychologist. Plenty of positive help. It's just that everyone I spoke to who used Suboxone to detox, said it is so much easier and less painfull than methadone. I do not want to become a "lifer" there. Even if it was free, I'd want off. Methadone makes me tired all day and sweat also. And the constipation is awful. I hate it. I've had enough, and if this second time detoxing doesn't keep me clean, nothing will. FYI, the only reason I went back to using the second time was because about two weeks before I was going to walk off, my DEALER comes walking in to try to get clean. Someone I hadn't thought about for almost 4+ years, then leaves after the first week. Just enough time to think about him. THEN I did construction work 30 seconds away from his house for about a month, till I finally pulled into his driveway, and the rest is history. I honestly believe someone upstairs was testing me, and I lost that time, but not this time. This time I have support from family and NEW, drug-free friends. I WILL win this battle, I promise you. Again, thanks for everyones support. We all need as many good people in our corners as possible.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:11 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I don't have a whole lot to add to what everyone else has told you so far, but I did want you to know that I think that you sound ready to be done with this whole mess, and that I think that you can do it, as long as you have a strong support system in place, and you keep up the attendance at the meetings, or whatever keeps you strong and in remission:)

As for switching to Suboxone, yes, I have heard that it is less less painful to detox from than methadone. I also know that it is not painLESS. But it is very doable, and many people who have tapered off Suboxone have been able to actually get out of bed and do things other than lying in the fetal position next to a bucket for days on end.

I just wanted to offer some advice, if you don't mind. I know that you are in a hurry to get this over and done with, and I don't blame you. I know it's shitty to want to be done with something, but you have to hold onto it longer to avoid some serious physical pain. I just think that you should try your hardest to remain patient, and I know that if you do remain patient, it will benefit you much more. Just stock up on comfort meds, such as the benzos that you have, and those should help ease a LOT of the withdrawal symptoms. Also, get some immodium! Take a SHITLOAD of Immodium! Like, many times the recommended dosage, and that will help not only with the stomach issues associated with withdrawal, but also other aspects of it as well, because loperamide, which is the main ingredient in Immodium, is an opiate itself- it just does not cross the blood/brain barrier, which means it produces no high. So it helps immensely with withdrawal symptoms. Just be careful with it because it IS an opiate, and you can build a tolerance to immodium as well, so if you take it for an extended period of time, make sure to taper off of it as well, though it shouldn't cause you too much discomfort. Also, if you can get clonodine, get some of that. Ask your doctor for it, and you should be able to acquire some of it easily, and that will help with the RLS/ heebie jeebies part of withdrawal. If you have trouble sleeping, then get some Tylenol PM, or NyQuil, Melatonin, etc. Valerian Root should help a bit with the anxiety, and also make it easier for you to relax/ fall asleep, and you can find that at any grocery store, just about.

If you taper low enough on your methadone, then you may be able to switch to buprenorphine with little discomfort. However, do not be surprised if for the first week you still feel some lingering symptoms. This doesn't mean that you need a higher dose- you just may need to adjust to the medication from being on a higher dose of methadone than the Subs can cover. It shouldn't take long at all. Also, I would think that it would be in your best interest to stay on the Suboxone for at least three weeks (if not more than a month), because your body will still be in withdrawal from the methadone, and if you stop the Suboxone too quickly, you will still feel the methadone withdrawals:( And obviously you don't want that. If you taper your Suboxone to less than 1mg before jumping off of it, and you haven't been on it for more than a couple of months, then your detox from that should be very tolerable. Go back to the comfort meds for a week or two after your jump, and you should feel great shortly after.

Good luck, and I am happy for you to be getting this done. I understand your frustration, but try to keep reminding yourself that this WILL pass, and before you know it, it will all be over with, and you will have everything that you want right now sometime in the near future. I know that it's shitty to want to get it over with when it isn't possible, but just remember that it is NOT possible, there is nothing that you can do to make it possible, and that the only thing that you can do is to just make the best of the situation, and make it as comfortable for yourself as possible. It sounds like you've got your shit together, and I am sure that you will do wonderfully when this is all over with. You are doing so well right now, just keep it up; you don't have much longer to go. You can do it:)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:54 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Thanks again for your advice. That's really what I'm looking for, just peoples opinions and comments one my situation or just old war stories someone would like to share. As for meds, I do have Clonidine, which I take .2mg's 3x's/day which helps TONS with the sleeping part, ( I found out that it lies to the brain, telling it that it is making too much adrenelin, so the brain slows that down and that's the reason you feel much less restless). I can get 5hrs of sleep a night usually. I am also on 6mg's of Klonopin daily. I was on the same mg's of Xanax, but that goes through the body too fast so I switched. I also get Phenergan pills (25mg) which is a prescription anti-nausea med, which also helps with sleeping, so I have all the help I'm gonna get from the meds. As for laxatives, I've tried everything, and the only thing that works is Miralax, twice a day. I also feel relieved that it is the safest one out there and I won't become dependant on it when I stop using it, unlike most other laxatives. I cringe when I think about walking off what everyone was telling me was a fairly low dose of methadone (21mg), but I don't think I could have gotten in more of a fetal position when jumping off at that dose. And I never knew I could actually crawl up walls,lol. Needless to say, that lasted 2 days before getting back on the 'done. I'm not sure if it's the same on Suboxone, but with methadone, the lower the dose, the longer it takes to stabalise, and I've been on certain doses for weeks. I also have no problem being on Sub for a month or two. All I want is to know how far away the light at the end of the tunnel is. Right now on methadone, I see the light but can't tell how far away it is. Is it a week, a month, a year, but with Sub, it seems like I can get a ballpark figure of time I will be on it. I know I'm not suppose to rip on here but the clinics I've been at are useless. I actually council my councilors with info I find online. My councilors (6 of them) NEVER heard of Clonidine. I was the one who brought the paperwork in for them. Nothing like paying to inform your help. I was lucky if I got someone who was addicted to alcohol, nevermind opiates. Anyway, thanks again for all who respond.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:47 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Dear Quadracer,

Reading these posts bring back a lot of memories for me. I was on Methadone 40 mg/day for pain, for about 3 years. Spring 2009 I ended up in ICU for another health issue and my doctor informed me that I was a drug addict and he was not giving me any more medication. Honestly I thought I was going to die and did whatever I could at the time to try to make that happen, and hasten the process. I don't know how or why I lived through it but thank God, I did. The w/d from Methadone I thought was awful and it went on for weeks.

I got on the Suboxone that summer and I've done well with it. I wish I had had the opportunity to have it when they stopped the Methadone. I admire you for everything you've said and for what you are trying to do. As already said by everybody, don't be in a hurry. Just wait and see how you feel and listen to what your body tells you. Everyone is different, but there is no hurry, is there? Don't put any undue pressure on yourself.

I wish you well.

~Rossma

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 5:31 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

The only thing that is rushing me is $ and the MASSIVE stress I get going to these places. I have always said that if I could afford it, I'd stay on methadone or Suboxone for life. Just for the "what if" part. I just don't know how people are able to afford to pay for either one for life. Some say, "well, you had a $275.00/day habit", but I think they forget that getting money for that landed me in jail too many times, and I don't want to break any more laws trying to get money for these meds. I can hardly pay for the methadone every week,($105.00), so I can't imagine paying for Suboxone, although it must be nice to get a script for a med like all opiate addicts trying to stay clean should get. Not to "boo hoo" or anything, but in one year it costs me over $5,200.00, out of pocket to pay for methadone and that gets me 12 drug tests, no appts. with my councilor unless he's not seeing someone that day, (we have too many people), a doctor that MAY show up once a week, over 14,000 miles on my car, all to stand in a line at a clinic that already has too many people for it to handle. It's such a joke, I don't know if I should laugh or cry. I tried laughing, but that wore out in the first couple years. No joke, but we actually had people threaten to shoot some councilors, burn the building down, drive there car through the front doors etc. Enough where we had a local cop do detail in front of the clinic for months. I felt safer on the streets looking for dope.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 9:44 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Wow. I am so sorry. It is shameful, the way we are treated. I wonder what the reaction would be if they made diabetics stand in line each day to get their insulin? Or cancer patients to get their chemo? Please, don't give up! It has to get easier, it can't get any worse. What state do you live in?

Just remember, we have a disease. Just because everyone doesn't see it that way does not make it so. Hold your head high and don't let those attitudes bring you down. You will be OK. I lost my job in Fall 2008, and had no income, none, for one year until I was able to get SSI. I know what it is like to be flat-busted broke. I know it's little consolation, but know that those of us here who have read your posts are thinking of you and rooting for you! I have faith that somehow you'll get through this, and get your Sub, and will be able to go on from there. Hopefully you'll at least be able to get enough Sub to ease your way off of the Methadone. I can't imagine doing it without, so I guess it would be worth whatever you have to pay in the short term.

~Rossma

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 5:29 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I guess it's a good thing I'm in a decent mood or my pc would get thrown out the window just thinking of this. I'm from N.H., maybe 10 minutes from the Mass. border. We get NO help in this state. In fact, I can remember a while ago when, I forget who, was running for re-election for state govenor, and said as long as he was in office no more clinics would be put up in the state. He thought it drew the "bad people" to the state. Sorry, we were already here, dumbass. Thank god we booted him out. But the thing that really gets me is, if I was from Mass., I could get onto Mass Health and have all this paid for for free, including mileage, but because I live maybe 10 miles north, just over the border, I pay out of pocket. I already lost my job. Been out of work since Jan. 5th, 09'. SOMEHOW we got under the 6% unemployment rate, so our unemployment was cut off, which happened 3 days after I spent 4 days days at the unemployment office with them telling me I have 13 more weeks coming to me, only to find out 3 days later that it was all going to stop. My councilor said I should go up on my dose so I'm not sick and look for a job. I asked him what to do if I don't find a job by the time my unemployment runs out and I'm stuck at a real high dose. NO RESPONSE. What a shock. I just closed out my 401K, which makes me sick, but hey, what do you do? You wanna know who DOES have a job? The illegals. I drive by my work every week just to see how things are, and the illegals, who didn't hide it at all, in fact, they came in w/different SSI#'s and names 2 or 3 times a year, still have jobs, but what does the owner care, they only get $7.00hr, and work 15hr days w/no ins. They're slaves that don't care cause there use to getting $7.00 a week where they're from.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 6:48 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

hey dude if your concerned about transition from methadone to buprenorphine you might look into the protocol that calls
for short-acting opiods to be taken for approximately 3-5 days after methadone final dose and before buprenorphine.You
present yourself as highly motivated and therefore would not (should not) be at risk for relapse.I know that more enlightened
physicians use this protocol;and I believe that it is perfectly legal.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 7:36 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

quadracersteve wrote:
You wanna know who DOES have a job? The illegals. I drive by my work every week just to see how things are, and the illegals, who didn't hide it at all, in fact, they came in w/different SSI#'s and names 2 or 3 times a year, still have jobs, but what does the owner care, they only get $7.00hr, and work 15hr days w/no ins. They're slaves that don't care cause there use to getting $7.00 a week where they're from.

Yeah, shouldn't you blame the EMPLOYER for this fucked up situation? They are the ones hiring undocumented workers and violating labor laws by paying below minimum wages, no OT, no breaks, etc. If the employers would refuse to hire undocumented workers, then there wouldn't be a problem.

It's just so sad to me how the rich - and I'm talking about the top 10% of people in the US who collectively own 90% (NINETY PERCENT!!!!!) of our country's wealth - have somehow deluded the rest of us peons into thinking that they are not the problem. No, the problem is that over guy over there who has even less than I do! Whatever.

And so we are left, the vast majority of US citizens, 90 per-fucking-cent of us, fighting over the measly crumbs of the richest country on Earth.

-Jack Kornfield

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:47 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Dear Quad,

Dear Quad,

There are tons of stories on here about people getting off of Sub and how they are doing it. There are a lot of different ideas there under, I think, under Stopping Suboxone.

Geez, I don't blame for being upset. It is just not fair that you have to endure this overworked system just to get your med. It makes me despise all politicians more than I already do. What a bunch of narcissistic idiots! More importantly, what is happening to our society?

I know that it is different for everyone but went I first went to my Sub doctor, I had a meeting with his psychotherapist who explained the drug and answered my questions. He told me that I would be coming back in 2 days to see the doc and that I should try very hard not to take any opiates during that time, which I did not. When I saw the Dr he gave a rx for one week's worth (21 tabs). He said to take a half of one and wait one hour, at which time I would either feel better or worse. If I felt better I was to take the 2nd half, and then an 8 mg tab that evening. The next day I was to take 3, 8 mg tabs. I did exactly as I was told, and sure enough I started to feel better right away. Of course I hadn't been on any methadone for 2-3 months at that point, but I still felt like I was in w/d. The cravings were awful, and I never could get rid of the feeling of burning up and freezing cold and sweating profusely whilst having goose bumps, all at the same time. My mind felt so clear and the cravings and obsession were completely gone. I had to go back weekly for two months, and given a rx each time. Now I go once a month and I am given an rx for one month’s worth of tabs. I have read hear that there are Sub clinics out there where you have to show up there daily too, just like the meth. I would call around and find a Sub clinic with a more user-friendly and reasonable reasonable protocol where you would be given a rx, and would not have to report daily.

Since you are hemorrhaging money at the methadone clinic, is there anyway you could respectfully bow out of the program and then present yourself at the Sub clinic? They could help you with your detox and then you’d be free from Methadone and the restrictive and frustrating lifestyle goes with it. You’d be giving the money to the Subox clinic instead of the meth clinic. It is my feeling, and this is just an opinion, that you would be much more comfortable doing it with the sub. I take 24 mg of Sub a day and before my surgery the people here recommended that I try to get off Sub before the operation. I got down to a little less than 4 mg/day and I did not feel any different except that I had more pain from my chronic illness. ‘Course, I knew it was temporary and 4 mg is still quite a lot. When I was in the hospital that time last year and my doctor (and I use the word loosely), just decided I was an addict and wasn’t giving me any more Methadone, they just stopped giving it me. As you know it has an extremely long half-life. Within 48 hours I was in full w/d, and it went on for weeks. I know it’s not the same for you as you are tapering, but I think that using the Sub to get off of it would work very well.. No matter what you do, getting off it is hard. I wish for good things to happen to you. I feel so bad about everything you’re going through.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 3:48 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Unfortunately around here we don't have any Sub clinics. We have to see a dr. They give no free consultations, so I'd have to pay a full session price,($350.00) just to talk to him/her. Plus I'm @ 32mg's right now, so no one would take me. Already asked. They want you @ or below 30mg's of meth just to walk in. Some places even lower. And getting on another opiate to transition sounds nice, but I honestly don't have any connections anymore. One semi-funny thing about the, how do I say this, non-legal citizens, is that the town next to us tried to arrest them when they would get pulled over for speeding or something, and the cops were made to let them go. It's not a town thing, it's a federal thing. Whatever. Right now I'm trying to stabalise @ 32mg's before going down again. Here's a ? for whoever reads this: Are you on Suboxone , subutex or buphenorphine? I've heard the price for Suboxone is more than twice as much as the other two, does that sound right? I've heard to lie to the dr. and tell him Sub gives you headaches and he will put you on the generic versions. Also true? Thanks again to everyone who responds.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:08 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Suboxone is buprenorphine and naloxone; subutex is buprenorphine w/o the naloxone; and then there's generic subutex (there is currently no generic suboxone at this time.) Hope this helps.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:15 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Well first of all breath your in the right place. I don't know what I would do with out the FRIENDS I have made here and as fare as the man upstairs he aint much help either but the people here are. And some won't like that coment I said that but thats ok becouse we all respect each other here and are glade your here. I have never had to use methadone. so I can't say how it is but you can do whaht ever you set your mind to I belive in you. Now you need to use the computer and look real hard for a Subs doc that will help with the price like mine don't take insurance, and its 160.00 for one month script I don't always have that so he will let you pay 40 a week or 80.00 for two weeks get it. I heard you say there is one down the street thats nice but maby if you look a little harder you can find a better one. There is some help at the top of this page find a doc use it. It sounds like you work construction ouch winter is coming can you get unenployment check it out. Side jobs to help out some put an add on craigs list with what you can do. Really look hard there are docs out there that still care about the patiant and not just the money. Stick to your plane. One that works for me is AA meeting I don't drink but I have foun that there better than NA thats just my openioun just remember you only need the desire not to drink to go to AA. And I have found some of my best friends from there. this might be babble or help to you I hope so good luck and don';t give up and stick around the sight we can't help if you don't come back. O ya we have all been there right were your at and we did it and you can to.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:09 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

People, please feel totally free to offer any advise that you may have. I'm like a sponge, soaking up all the info I can. And I have grown quite a thick skin so things don't usually get to me. I understand that everyone has different opinions, and I like that. It'd be boring w/out that. I read somewhere that when on Suboxone, you can't really be on any benzos and if you are it needs to be a real small dose and you need to wait 4 hours between taking Suboxone and then the bz. People say the combo is lethal. Is this correct? I take 6mg's of K-pin a day, and will for life (anxiety and addiction is like cancer in my family). I've never heard of this before. On the topic of finding a dr. with "cheap" prices, this place down the road is it. I put in a range of 50 miles in the doctor locator. I just can't get over the difference in prices though. One place wanted $380.00 just to TALK, plus $7.00 a pill (I think that's about normal), AND he wanted $255.00 every week :shock: . This dr. down the road costs $350.00 plus med, then the next month $255.00 then eventually $150.00 a month PLUS med. There are doctors that give Sub a bad name for sure. We had a "doctor" who would meet people behind a bread store and write scripts on the hood of his car. He was known as "Tony Panerro" because of Panerro Breads where he would meet everyone. My councilor knew exactly who he was and actually stuck up for him, saying that all he was doing was writing scripts for people who needed them and wasn't causing any harm UNTIL he got arrested and left my friend to detox off 16mg's of Suboxone C/T, not including everyone else under his care. No harm my ass. My buddy wanted to die. Of course he relapsed, but the dr, NEVER lost his license to work, just can't prescribe Suboxone anymore and went to jail for 8 months. Plus I'm quite sure he was charging a fee to "see" people, even though it's out of the office. We need MORE doctors in this country but unfortunately we're getting the opposite. We don't pay doctors good money anymore, so now we're getting what we paid for. Uneducated, bottom of the barrel, retards writting out scripts faster than I can talk. I take it back if anyone reading this has a doctor who really cares. I haven't found one yet.