It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:59 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 1:19 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I have had anxiety issues for a long time and took klonopin for years to treat it, and I was actually able to taper off the klonopin while I was on Sub and I've never gone back onto it or any other benzos since (I finished my Sub taper a little over a year ago after 2 years on it).

There was a little bit of anxiety during my taper & detox, but it was totally mild and managable, most of the time I managed it through exercise and meditation. I think that has been the experience of some of the other people around here who tapered very gradually and to a very low dose before stopping. I have heard from people who cold-turkeyed off of a higher dose of suboxone that there is significant anxiety involved in the withdrawal.

I had clonidine during my taper and withdrawal as well but I only took it a few times - I think I still have 55 of the 60 pills I had; and I took ambien like 4 or 5 times over the first 2 weeks without any Sub as well.

I'm sorry you're feeling so shitty & I wish I knew something to tell you to do to feel better.

-Jack Kornfield

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 2:42 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I FINALLY GOT AN APPT. TO SEE A SUB DR.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He also prescribes buprenorphin. Finally I feel as if I'm making progress. I just gotta wait till Nov. 2nd. Could have gotten Oct.19th but I have a surgery on the 22nd and don't know what my dose will be for Suboxone, and the anesteseologist thinks I'm going to be on 32mg's of methadone, and I don't want to screw him up, or myself for that matter. The craziest thing is this dr. takes patients on or below 40 mg's! I was told he could do some tests and see where I'm at in my w/drawal phase and possibly dose me that day. Also, I'm real proud of myself. I had the choice of pain meds to take,( Oxy's, Percs, Vicodin, Dilaudid, Ultram) and choose the # of pills. I chose Vicodin 7.5 and only 20,( could have got 40). So now the waiting part begins, but at least I have something to wait for. I thank ALL who responded to my ?'s and will keep everyone informed how my first day goes. Thanks again to all.