It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:58 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 9:35 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I've been wanting to do this for a while now, since 'vyou.com' disappeared. We will see if there is any interest.... basically, members (you) are welcome to ask my opinion of issues related to addiction or buprenorphine or whatever... and each week, on Saturday or Sunday, I leave a youtube video with answers to all of the questions.

I'll share my thoughts on whatever-- specific side effects or risks, managing surgery, managing pregnancy, the value of naloxone, my thoughts about counseling, stepwork, etc.... or basic science questions, med interactions... Or if you want to share something with me and ask what I think of it. Whatever!

If you are interested in helping me start talking, leave your question as a reply to this topic. At the end of this coming week, I'll post a video, answering the questions... and open a new topic for questions for the next week. Thanks for participating--- remember that the question that you ask might be helpful to someone else, with a similar problem or question.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 11:03 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

ive been wondering how often patients develop or have increased liver problems after being on suboxone? and also if any statistics show the number of people who are unable to get on suboxone due to the liver panel results?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 9:20 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

hey doc,

I've asked this question on the forum before, but I don't know if anyone knows the answer. my question is, since I've read allot of talk about buprenorphine being rescheduled to a class 2 controlled substance, if this happens, will that disqualify it from DATA2000, which says that a medication used for detox or maintenance had to be a schedule 3, 4,. or 5. or would an exception to this be made to keep bupe in an office setting? or... Will it then only be available in a clinic, daily dosing, OTP setting? as much as I've been reading about this scenario, it's got me concerned!

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 1:30 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Thanks for the questions--- I'll post a vid tomorrow (Saturday)!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 5:42 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

NIH link about liver toxicity:

http://livertox.nih.gov/BuprenorphineBuprenorphineNaloxone.htm

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 10:36 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

thx for the answers, this is awesome that you are taking the time to do this! very grateful to have a doctor's direct input and answers to any questions i have

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 11:51 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

thanks for taking the time to answer Dr.J.
you definitely put my mind at ease. I was really concerned about that happening after reading at a few other websites that it was being considered. totally agree with what you said about diversion. everyone I've ever known to be diverting Suboxone certainly wasn't trying to get high, just trying to self treat until they could afford to go to the Dr. or find one with an available spot.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 7:49 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Awesome idea!! I have actually read all of your STZ posts (a combo of addictive behavior and also research, as a RN and certified pharm tech I found it very educational) and it seemed like new stuff stopped popping up in April. I'm glad to see that you are still sharing your insights doc!
-Dukefan