It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:10 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 11:07 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I have been on subutex for 7 days and its working like a charm. From all ive heard, the baby should be fine but we are both nervous. I was also taking zoloft and klonopin at the time of conception as well as 15-30 of the 30 mg oxycodones daily :shock:

So far, my depression seems to be lightening up for me, most likely bc I am finally pushing this demon out of my life and with Gods help, FOR GOOD! I am feeling a lot of grief as oxy became the love of my life over the past 3 years, but we are separated for now and hopefully soon to be divorced for good:) LOL. I have an appt with the high risk ob on Nov 18, and I will keep all informed on how it goes :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 1:30 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Just checking in and noticed no replies-- good luck with the pregnancy. Hopefully everyone knows from prior posts the deal with bupe; the traditional approach to pregnancy has been to use methadone, but more and more, OB docs are just keeping patients on buprenorphine. The primary risk, in my opinion, is that a neonatologist who knows nothing about buprenorphine or who dislikes addicts will put the baby on a 'morphine drip' or some other ridiculous treatment for imagined withdrawal symptoms in the newborn. Remember-- just a decade ago many places did open-heart surgery on newborns without anesthesia-- and many places still do circumcisions that way. Opiate w/d stinks, but it is much worse for adults, with all the depression and guilt and shame, than for babies-- who have none of those things. Not to mention that the baby just has his/her head squeezed through a tube so snug that it changed his skull into the shape of a cone!! THAT can't feel too good!

The clonazepam will be a bigger issue than the opiate with most OB docs. Benzos have been associated with an increased risk of miscarriage-- a small increase in risk. There is no risk of fetal malformations that we are aware of, from any of the meds you are taking.

Good luck-- just shoot for doing the 'next right thing' every day.